Author Topic: COMODO Cloud Scanner - Wishlist  (Read 24364 times)

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Cloud Scanner - Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
can we add super cookies

I'm not sure if its everything, but a start ;)

Flash stores shared objects in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\
Flash stores site-specific Flash cookies in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\
Flash stores global settings and previously-visted websites having Flash cookies in this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline Shaoran

• Comodo's Hero
    • La Confrérie des Marteleurs de claviers
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 06:47:24 AM »
Portable version ?

Maybe a good way to clean a computer before install CIS

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
Will you be incorporating an easy way to submit unknown files so that they can be added to the whitelist?

I believe that this would be a good addition.

Offline Endymion

• Comodo's Hero
  • Reality is subordinate to perception.
    • Faces -The Madman (Kahlil Gibran, 1918)
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
Would it be possible to create an option to send the file/malware to the developers as malware/false positive direct in the application ?

+1

Since this tools is meant to be used primarily by novices it would be important to provide some more info to avoid any misunderstanding about the severity of the risks.

It would be also appropriate to provide a link to Comodo System-Cleaner along with LivePC support so each user could choose between self-maintenance and Free 30 days hands-on assistance.

Perhaps "Errors or problems" should be rephrased as "Entries to be verified"

Perhaps "Malware and suspicious files" should be rephrased as "Suspicious and Unknown files" or "Malware, Suspicious and Unknown files" to let users be aware that listed files are not limited to "suspicious" and "malware"

Perhaps "privacy issues" could be rephrased to "privacy related entries" and the results  should be grouped into collapsible categories (those which can be expanded with a + sign)  with a related easily accessible explanation that clarify what are the related "privacy" implications for each category

Categories could be: Browser cache files, cookies, MRU, Start menu ordering, etc

Perhaps "Junk files" could be rephrased to "non critical files" and the results should be grouped in categories with mention of disk usage (Mb) and a related easily accessible explanation that clarify what is the purpose of the listed categories.

Categories could be: Log files, My recent documents (shouldn't have it been listed under privacy ? ???), Hotfix uninstallers, etc
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:29:34 PM by Endymion »
I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »
Uploud the files to you for the check see hitman pro
Windows Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)

Offline jp10558

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »
A portable Version would be good I think... Especially cause malware might break traditional installs...

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:49:07 AM »
How about adding COMODO Leaktest Suite into CCS? Plus any new methods of exploiting a system.

:)

Offline Whoop-dee-doo

• Cave Dweller
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • What are you staring at?
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
I posted a few comments/wishes in this post.
"The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas." - Linus Pauling   :-La 

"Don't find fault. Find a remedy." - Henry Ford

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »
Driver check integration
Windows patches check
+1

We want this tool to be a Diagnostic tool, informing you what needs attention in your PC.

1) it should also check to see if it has the latest java version

2) Instead of saying "your computer is at risk" how about "your computer may have potential problems"  It's all in the wording depending on the results

3)check if any .dll files are damaged, and offer a website to go to replace (swap file) download the .dll file like http://www.dll-files.com/

4)check for missing critical internet connection files and internet connectiong "reset options"
because if someone "uninstalls something"  It could have removed (or damaged)  a critial file preventing that person from going online  (This has happened on 2 occasions, when I was trying to fix other peoples computers)  I was thinking a buggy uninstall
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
When running COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.131020.5 are the files submitted to CIMA also going to be analyzed and added to the whitelist? I think that that would be a great addition to the program. In this way the user can find out if the process is likely malware and also the amount of files that he has to look through would eventually decrease.

In this way if there are unknown files in the list they know that something may be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:29:32 PM by Chiron494 »

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 11:56:12 PM »
4)check for missing critical internet connection files and internet connectiong "reset options"
because if someone "uninstalls something"  It could have removed (or damaged)  a critial file preventing that person from going online  (This has happened on 2 occasions, when I was trying to fix other peoples computers)  I was thinking a buggy uninstall

1 problem with this its a Cloud scanner.. it needs internet to do that..
Comodo Dragon themes, including windows Aero options. Download  Here

System Details: W7-64bit | 4GB DDR2 | Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | CIS 6.3 | Geforce 560 GTX

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 08:42:13 AM »
1 problem with this its a Cloud scanner.. it needs internet to do that..
ooops....  my bad :-[ 

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
After the file is checked by CIMA shouldn't the status change from 'unknown' to something like 'not suspicious'. Something to let the user easily tell that it has been checked and it is not found to be malware.

Also, I would like for the program to identify what was suspicious about the file to warrant its classification as 'Malware'. CIMA has this ability, so why not provide an advanced view in which you can examine this.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
If CIMA doesn't have the ability to analyze DLL's and similar files maybe it shouldn't give the option to submit them to be checked by CIMA.

I believe that each file should have an option to be checked by CIMA (if it is possible for that file type) or be submitted to Comodo to be analyzed and added to the white or black lists.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:10 PM »
If CIMA doesn't have the ability to analyze DLL's and similar files maybe it shouldn't give the option to submit them to be checked by CIMA.

I believe that each file should have an option to be checked by CIMA (if it is possible for that file type) or be submitted to Comodo to be analyzed and added to the white or black lists.

Soon it will have the ability to analyse...
Also, these files when submitted does go to our AV labs, even though cima can't analyse...so its for a good purpose..

Melih

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek