Author Topic: Comodo BackUp 3 whishlist  (Read 35550 times)

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
Re: Comodo BackUp 3 whishlist
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »
thanks that are great news, but i forget -> VSS must [at] my Wishlist  ;D

VSS support is also available in the new BETA version.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline SchlachtGeist

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
nice!!!  :)

not so important but interested -> Windows 7 Integration (mean Jumplist and Superbar).

Offline HaddadR

feature request
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 04:29:09 AM »
Hi,

In the synchronisation mode, sometimes I'd like to see the files or the folders what will be synchronized then I can choose the elements to sync  :-\

So it is very helpful if you can add :

* Summary List with check boxes so I can choose elements to synchronize
    * ability to see differences between files (you can use other soft like WinMerge) , this feature in very useful for web appz developers when they upload their work to server

Thank you

Offline alphestdev

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
Decision critical feature(request) is for me:

Sycnronised file/folder backup to an encrypted and compressed repository.

The desired result is: 1-click and the selected folder structure is scanned. Any new files are copied (and encrypted/compressed) to the backup location. Changed files replace backup copies. Removed files are also removed from the (encrypted) backup. Mostly like a typical sync, only to an encrypted and compressed repository (for ex.: folder with splitted backup file)

Some tools that ship along with external hdd's do that very successfully.

Offline Carls2

• Comodo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 05:02:11 AM »
a rescue disk is a must

And available yesterday. :-(

It would be lovely to be able to restore to a new, replacement hard disk. I'm on a portable, posted overseas, hard disk starting to emit whimpering sounds (homesick?), and I've bought a replacement hard disk only to find that being handy with a screwdriver isn't the only thing needed...

No install disks came with this puppy - a stock, big box portable. So without a startup disk, like BartPE or WinPE, my only apparent alternative is to buy a new portable (with a different keyboard layout!) and install Comodo Backup and then retrieve my files.

At least I'm in a country that recycles old computers... But I'd rather a software alternative from Comodo to install a new hard disk using my old OS, installed programs, and data files.

Carls

*PS: page 178 of the CB v3 manual is missing. It's there I first looked for BartPE /  WinPE instructions.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 05:26:27 AM »
*PS: page 178 of the CB v3 manual is missing. It's there I first looked for BartPE /  WinPE instructions.

You can check online help
http://help.comodo.com/topic-9-1-143-1473-Appendix-3-Creating-a-Rescue-Disk-with-WinPE---BartPE.html

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline mug

• CESMUser
MS Outlook 2010 compatibility.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 04:48:30 PM »
I am testing this as a replacement for Cobian Backup and it seems to do the trick.  However, there is little difference between the features I use in Cobian and those that I need in Comodo except for block-level incremental backup.  Though that is a very usable feature, I am looking for a one click solution for email backup to also seal the deal. The Mail Backup feature is available, but not for Outlook 2010 [yet?].  

Any idea when Outlook 2010 will be compatible?   I assume the hold-up is that Outlook 2010 has a different default location as before.  If that is the case, perhaps a file search could be incorporated to help users find their Outlook .pst and/or .NK2 files.

Thanks.

mug
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:22:14 PM by mug »

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
Re: MS Outlook 2010 compatibility.
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:28 AM »
Any idea when Outlook 2010 will be compatible?  

In 3.1 version.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline Fraguas

• The EverLiving...
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 04:48:23 PM »
include root path name when using ZIP format on backup ("Files and Directories" option)... :-TU

on this moment, backup work like this sample:
When to select folders "C:\Test1" and "C:\Test2" (not full "C:\")
the ZIP file don't save the root ("Test1" and "Test2"), but files and sub-folders only...  :(

Offline Formula84

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »
You can check online help
http://help.comodo.com/topic-9-1-143-1473-Appendix-3-Creating-a-Rescue-Disk-with-WinPE---BartPE.html

Thanks

I fail to see how this guide is useful, it explains on how to create a PE disk but no mention of how to incorperate CB into it.  It merely states the below code, which explains how to navigate with command shell to the location of Comdo that is installed on your drive already... what happens when the disk fails all together and you have a blank disc... am I wrong or is this pretty pointless for a complete restore scenario.  How hard is it to get a working product within the PE rather than accessing program files from an existing OS disk?

Code: [Select]
Launching Comodo BackUP using Windows PE

Note: In order to launch Comodo BackUp using Vista, you must copy C:\Windows\System32\oledlg.dll to your Comodo BackUp installation directory (default = C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Backup\ )

Boot your system using the Windows PE CD/DVD or USB that you have created. Open the command prompt and switch to the drive upon which you have installed. (for example,

X:\windows\system32> D:

where 'x' is the boot drive and 'D: is the installation drive.

Use the CD command to point to the Comodo BackUp installation directory. For example,

D:\CD Program Files\COMODO\Comodo Backup\

Open cbu.exe. For example,

D:Program Files\Comodo\Comodo Backup\cbu.exe.

Offline gwtech01

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »
It would be really helpful if the "Sync" profile had the added ability to sync in real time, similar to the same way that Windows XP/Windows 7 has the folder redirector/offline files. In my experience files are almost instantly copied to the destination location. By using this method the end user doesn't have to think about if a schedule has been executed or not. This will create a seamless user experience.

Also adding the ability to sync or backup (depending on your profile) at log on or log off would be value add to the functionality of the application. This is also a feature of Windows offline files (sync).

Offline venom_zx

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »
automatic deletion of old backups according to a scheme:

- GFS (Grand Father Son)
- TOH (Tower Of Hanoi)

one of these 2 would be nice.
this saves space on the older backups because i don't need older backups at such a high interval as the recent ones.

this is pretty much the only thing stopping me from using Comodo Backup
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:35:58 PM by venom_zx »

Offline clemo

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »
Doesn't  the "Rev No Max" macro do this?

automatic deletion of old backups according to a scheme:

- GFS (Grand Father Son)
- TOH (Tower Of Hanoi)

one of these 2 would be nice.
this saves space on the older backups because i don't need older backups at such a high interval as the recent ones.

this is pretty much the only thing stopping me from using Comodo Backup

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 01:51:28 AM »
Doesn't  the "Rev No Max" macro do this?

No. "Rev no Max" limits the no of files created by CB.
While these backup schemes have some different properties. For more details see this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backup_rotation_scheme.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline clemo

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »
No. "Rev no Max" limits the no of files created by CB.
While these backup schemes have some different properties. For more details see this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backup_rotation_scheme.

Oh.. :-[

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek