Author Topic: Comodo Backup 2 Wishlist (Rev. 1)  (Read 90535 times)

Offline ss1ctm

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Comodo Backup 2 Wishlist (Rev. 1)
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »
When files and folders have been deleted from the source in Simple Copy, then please add the option to make this be reflected in the backup during Scheduled Backup.

Please add the option to run Synchronization mode daily/once/system startup/etc.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:20:18 AM by ss1ctm »

Offline Jeff-fa-fa

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2010, 11:36:45 AM »
If you schedule the backup jobs, you don't even have to have the backup application open, let alone minimized. It will run as a service without user intervention.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)

After reading this I then reinstalled the latest version (2.2), scheduled it to run at 4 AM and ran it as a Silent Run with the application closed and all the backup files were in my external drive this morning. This is even better because I don't have to remember to turn it on every Friday! When setting the new version up originally I read in the manual the various run options but they didn't explain this very well which is where my confusion started in relation to what I knew v1 could do. Perhaps a minor enhancement to the manual is in order? I'm happy and got what I want and prefer the new version because it has loads of enhancements to the first but this would be especially useful for general users. Thanks for your help and quick response!! I'll be spreading the word!!

Offline NicolaisIV

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2010, 02:41:46 AM »
Let me throw my hat in for incremental, too...  Otherwise AWESOME improvement on GUI...

Offline Daniel Jackson

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:50 AM »
I would like to see, if Comodo BackUp had a sub-console similar to Time Machine. So in case of a disaster I could easily restore/access/backup my files or the whole system. Or what if Comodo Backup and Time Machine shared that sub-console?
And I also would like to mount a backup as a virtual drive.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:14:15 AM by Daniel Jackson »

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
I would like to see, if Comodo BackUp had a sub-console similar to Time Machine. So in case of a disaster I could easily restore/access/backup my files or the whole system. Or what if Comodo Backup and Time Machine shared that sub-console?

In the words of Peter Griffin - freakin' sweet!!!!  :-TU :-TU :-TU

And I also would like to mount a backup as a virtual drive.

Another great idea - keep 'em coming!!!!!  :-TU :-TU :-TU
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline razor5621

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2010, 09:32:18 AM »
I'd like to be able to restore while a backup is running.  Generally, I would be restoring from a different .cbu than the one being created.

Offline Xelic

• Comodo Member
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2010, 04:02:32 AM »
Let me throw my hat in for incremental, too... 

2nd that, not useful for me unless I can make incremental backups of mydoc's. Keep up the good work  (V)

Offline lglasser

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
Unless I'm missing it (which is more than possible!), the ability to verify backups automatically and/or manually.

Thanks!

Offline ss1ctm

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 08:19:40 AM »
When restoring a CBU file format backup, please can you include the option to restore to a different location other than the original location (this is also available in Windows 7's Backup and Restore).

Many thanks.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
When restoring a CBU file format backup, please can you include the option to restore to a different location other than the original location (this is also available in Windows 7's Backup and Restore).

Many thanks.

Hi

This option is already available in Restore Step 3

----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline StarPaw

« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
I would like to have the option selecting tapes for destination. Yes, I am still using a (small) streamer with 320GB possible size (VXA-3/scsi). Tapes got the advantage of to be removed and stored completely anywhere else - in a vault or so. Even Windowsbackup is able to deal with tapedrives...

mh, maybe there is that option already, but i did not found it yet?

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:50 AM »
mh, maybe there is that option already, but i did not found it yet?

If the tape is visible with a drive letter in Windows Explorer, you can type in the full path in the "Save as" dialog box.
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline kendunning

Request for feature - Clean Restore warning
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
Ok, so it was my own fault for not reading the manual ahead of time...

I chose to restore a single file from a folder full of files and selected "clean restore" rather than "Append". The result was that all the files in the folder were deleted and the single file I chose was recreated in that folder.

This is exactly the way it is supposed to behave, but please have mercy on us poor fools who don't memorize the user manual before stupidly clicking on buttons!

A popup reminder about the consequences of using Clean Restore if that choice is made would be great.

Offline galette

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
Like some other users mentionned:  a bootable CD to restore without Windows!!!  ;D

Offline ntec

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
1. I think, need some stand alone utilit for unpak *.cbu files in manual mode.

for example:
uncbu e file.cbu, file2.cbu
unpak all files from 2 files, if file separate in archive use special option -s.

uncbu e file.cbu -f filename
find and unpack 1 file from file.cbu

uncbu -c file.cbu
check errors in file

uncbu -r file.cbu
repair cbu

=====================================
2. Change error messages to human language, please. (Change error codes to string messages)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek