Author Topic: Which Product to develop next?  (Read 532255 times)

Offline djnzlab1

Re: Which Product to develop next?
« Reply #900 on: May 28, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
HI,
  A way to limit the amount of files that are already scanned and clean for things like comodo programs,
this would speed up the next scan by skipping over the files that are secure.
   Maybe a way to lock down the operating system to prevent infection from opening a file thats bugy.

A smart antivirus feature that automaticially recomends running the BO cleaner or what ever tool that will
fix the dirty file move it to the sandbox, send you a copy.
allow the antivirus to download the file  that automatically allows certian pipes to start and download what ever is needed to fix the problem.  A comodo smart antivirus that has the ability to handle any problem most connections are so fast,it could download the fix program to ram, fix the problem then dump the program in ram at the next boot without filling up the hard drive with all the features. show the history
in the antivirus records.
   A smart Program that defends it self  with out the need to have all the soultions on the hard drive.
Win 7 tries to something like this when a program crashes it goes to the MS web site to look for a fix, and then tells you the outcome.
   This is a streach but it would put you in the lead for many of bloated programs that are needed for safe operation of you PC>
   Doug ???

Offline 578087463

« Reply #901 on: May 31, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »
I think an ARP Firewall is really essencial to be developed.
In our school we have to use a router,cause' it's impossible to connect to the Internet directly,this will cost every one lots of money.So we have to share.
But some people would try to limit your speed,even cut your Internet using P2Pover ,NetCut etc.
Kingsoft Beike Arp Firewall,360 Arp Firewall this seems doesn't word.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #902 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:59 AM »
I think an ARP Firewall is really essencial to be developed.
In our school we have to use a router,cause' it's impossible to connect to the Internet directly,this will cost every one lots of money.So we have to share.
But some people would try to limit your speed,even cut your Internet using P2Pover ,NetCut etc.
Kingsoft Beike Arp Firewall,360 Arp Firewall this seems doesn't word.
What would you expect an ARP Firewall to do for you?
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline deathdr0ne

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Family Member
« Reply #903 on: June 01, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »
HI,
  A way to limit the amount of files that are already scanned and clean for things like comodo programs,
   Maybe a way to lock down the operating system to prevent infection from opening a file thats bugy.

A smart antivirus feature that automaticially recomends running the BO cleaner or what ever tool that will
fix the dirty file move it to the sandbox, send you a copy.
allow the antivirus to download the file  that automatically allows certian pipes to start and download what ever is needed to fix the problem.  A comodo smart antivirus that has the ability to handle any problem most connections are so fast,it could download the fix program to ram, fix the problem then dump the program in ram at the next boot without filling up the hard drive with all the features. show the history
in the antivirus records.
   A smart Program that defends it self  with out the need to have all the soultions on the hard drive.
Win 7 tries to something like this when a program crashes it goes to the MS web site to look for a fix, and then tells you the outcome.
   This is a streach but it would put you in the lead for many of bloated programs that are needed for safe operation of you PC>
   Doug ???

I think your idea would basically require CAV to have a database, not of viruses but of your local files and their MD5 hashes. This would enable CAV to first simply scan your files against this database of hashes, and if no changes are detected to skip scanning those particular files. I could see this helping in scanning time somewhat, but maybe not as significantly as you might think because a lot of files especially OS based files constantly change and any change to a file requires a new hash which would require a rescan to make sure it's safe....etc.

CIS could issue a popup every time certain files change and ask for your permission to update the database. Basically so that you know a file changed due to your actions and not just in the background as a result of some type of malware. Another good way for certain OS related files to not get flagged for scanning would be to allow them to update their selves in the DB.

Sounds like it could speed it up a little.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #904 on: June 01, 2011, 06:20:00 AM »
HI,

This is pretty much what Comodo AV's STATEFUL setting achieves.

http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-170-1687-Real-Time-Scanning.html

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Dragula

• Comodo's Hero
  • We are, Who we are
« Reply #905 on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:08 AM »
Comodo File Manager (CFM). I believe, Comodo Team made it.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #906 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #907 on: June 02, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
This is pretty much what Comodo AV's STATEFUL setting achieves.

http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-170-1687-Real-Time-Scanning.html

Ewen :-)

isn't that only for on access

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #908 on: June 03, 2011, 03:42:54 AM »
isn't that only for on access

isnt that what the op asked for? ;)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #909 on: June 03, 2011, 06:21:40 AM »
isnt that what the op asked for? ;)

where did he specify on access

"HI,
this would speed up the next scan by skipping over the files that are secure."

the way it's worded sounds like he meant for on demand scans because he mentions how the next scan would be faster by skipping files that are secure. on demand scans generally go unnoticed so it's kinda hard to tell how long they last since they are almost instant as is so why would speed be brought up for on access

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #910 on: June 03, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »
so why would speed be brought up for on access

if files are being accessed repeatedly, like system files.

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #911 on: June 04, 2011, 12:10:20 AM »
HI,

do you mean for on access or on demand or both?

if you meant for on access then panics suggestion of using the stateful would be what you're looking for i think. as for on demand i don't think comodo av has something for skipping safe files. i think avast has some implementation for what you're talking about for on demand but i don't know if the way they achieve it is good or not

Offline GuyD

« Reply #912 on: June 14, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »
PLease no more products, because the more products you develop the more products that will show bugs and the more unsatisfied customers you will get. And as I see it already right now you can't keep up with the many bugs of your actual products.

If I use a free product of Comodo, let's say a firewall, and it doesn't work as it should, would I buy the Pro version of the same firewall ? I doubt it. Of course one does not expect premium support of a free product, but the failures of free products are usually reflected in the shareware version of it, since these shareware versions usually have the same engine as the freeware versions. Only the first offer some extra's and premium support.

We see it all around software manufacturers instead of sticking to one or two products in which they excell start developing more and more products at the risk of loosing credibility because those other products lack support or are developed much too quick.

I could give you an example. Surf for "Ashampoo" products. They develop just about any software they can. And by my personal experience they only have a few good products. Don't fall into that trap and stick to what you have.

What's the need of this new extra Dragon browser ? It's exactly the same as Chrome. Only ppl who use it and have problems with it, won't buy or even try other free Comodo products.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #913 on: June 15, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »
PLease no more products...

Yeap! Excel in fewer products and Comodo will definitely win more credit. Why to make more and more products which are outstanding at one features and mediocre at others?

Offline GuyD

« Reply #914 on: June 15, 2011, 03:47:39 AM »
Thank you for agreeing with me, but after all now I see this thread started in 2006. That explains.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek