Author Topic: 2 reasons why Comodo Dragon 18.1 could offer 2 more E-Z 2 code improvements.  (Read 6369 times)

Offline SPOVET777

Comodo Dragon has SO many useful extensions, and plenty of fun & way entertaining ones too. 32-years into IT kinda qualifies me to figure out which are fun distractions and which may save a computer from a blue screen mess, or worse case a full formatted HD & an OS reload. Some extensions I know are (possible) malware security non-NSS tested safe additions to C.D. Mozilla's Firefox was an experience in what came out of a Trend, CA, Bit-Defender, Symantec, McAfee or Redmond's labs counter-measures to defend against rapidly evolving cyber-threats, versus what came out of a smart coders parent's basement posted to new browsers, but seldom tested to basic industry safety levels. 'Java on the rocks.' I use only browser ad-on's which keep pace with the evolving threats. Ones I know are vital for a multiple tasking work-load of browsing functions, others may not and I fault them not for setting up a solid gaming environment.  WOT, McAfee S.A., Bit-D scans, IP who-is-ing, maps, weather, cookie management, e-mail alerts, no fancy games of Mahjong I don't play with games (Active-X based R luring & many freeware hits are hell on browsers.  More power to you if that is what you consider a vital extension.  NO I am not trying to turn the best browser into stacked (malware portals) of rows of Ask, Bing, Yahoo , Google et al toolbar choked browsing.  But when I add maybe my 15th (to me very useful) icons/extensions to the only/upper C-Dragon toolbar only to watch that icon wander off into invisibility on the right side of my 22" LCD  monitor.  Making even access to them a dive into the Dragon control icon and do my changes there, now I'm not browsing but setting up basics I would have been able to do with 1-2 mouse-clicks if that icon hadn't peeled off the right of my screen, a simple wrap around to right  under the main row of tops 20 icons to a 2nd C-Dragon toolbar would solve this. I do question the coders who deny me the GUI space to make browsing faster than going back into 'Tools' then tweaking with an extension that is doing 'something' but only by opening options on that dragon-eye icon can I even set parameters that suit my location and desired results.  Gripe # 2, try to install a new extension only to be told the I have to go to the Google sign-in process, return to a URL that clearly says Web Store and fail each time to insert maybe 60% of must have tools, extensions or the icons showing on what would be nice to have, a 2nd Dragon toolbar that wraps right around the top one and make accessing it not a quit browsing (anymore) but diving into tweaking the Under the Hood to Extensions drop-down main control portal.  Last time I posted this (a year ago) I got plenty of reactions about these 2 subjects to power posters/moderators rallying to justify Comodo Dragon 'perfection' does not need improvement, even down to the syntax & sentence structure I used, got so OT that I quit even following threads & flaming replies that led away from 2 legitimate deficiencies in C.D. down to all-out posturing.  I will continue to use C.D.  as my default browser because it has no equal (IMHO) just a logical next step into accommodating what everyone I introduce to the dragon finds are restrictive and untenable designer quirks that still exist 2 years after I posted the exact same 2 minor problems that my 12GB's of Intel I-7 processors of DDR3 RAM can handle the memory drain versus computers running W-7-U with just enough RAM to keep it from stack-dumping/freezing or rebooting.  I seek improvements not flames if I have insulted anyone, ignore this, block me, & move on please.  Yes, this is a long post (469 words/4643 total characters per 'Doc-Pad' © text utility) that covers a LOT but still comes down to 2 legitimate questions remaining unanswered since Comodo Dragon's first build.  The Dragon's only toolbar overflows off the screen and an iffy 'Web Store' extension availability puts some great extensions out of my reach even when I am in the Web Store and following the how-to rules to incorporated them into a toolbar not long enough to make them easily useful.  Like who just sent me a homing cookie that found a home in my core/vital Windows driver store or gave me a permanent *.ru *.dll to rip out?  Sorry for this not being a 10-20 word (I.M. blurb); less would have not allowed me to expound in exactly what I wanted to post of the gravity of having the best browser I need, more extensions/icons (I can't even see/or use with ease) for very useful reasons, not playing shoot 'em out with God only knows how many global online arm-chair snipers 1/2 my age & 10 times better than I'll ever become even I played all day every day until the day I check-out.  8)  Thanks for any [positive] help you can provide.  ???
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:59:13 AM by SPOVET777 »

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
My, my, my, such a long post indeed. I do apologize if people had been disrespectful whether intentional or not (let's give them the benefit of doubt). It's not the first time this has happened, and it persists even now. Additionally, I must advise against you deleting your account. You might need/want it some time in the future and it's better to have it present though not needed than absent when needed.

Now, proceeding to your request, I was initially confused with some of the quirks in language and particularly in the use of terms (considering I'm not all too literate in computers and english in general terms or perhaps I have poor self-assessment skills. That or I have no self-esteem) so if I should misunderstand, do correct me.

1. You want Dragon to handle the extension icons by creating more space i.e. via toolbar? The request should pass up to the developers of Chromium since, in this sense, this ought to be something they should know, too. But if it is only present in Dragon, then perhaps you might give as a simple description of how you provide a temporary fix for this?

But when I add maybe my 15th (to me very useful) icons/extensions to the only/upper C-Dragon toolbar only to watch that icon wander off into invisibility on the right side of my 22" LCD  monitor.  Making even access to them a dive into the Dragon control icon and do my changes there, now I'm not browsing but setting up basics I would have been able to do with 1-2 mouse-clicks if that icon hadn't peeled off the right of my screen, a simple wrap around to right  under the main row of tops 20 icons to a 2nd C-Dragon toolbar would solve this. I do question the coders who deny me the GUI space to make browsing faster than going back into 'Tools' then tweaking with an extension that is doing 'something' but only by opening options on that dragon-eye icon can I even set parameters that suit my location and desired results.

2. You also want a better process of installing extensions. As you might have observed, the Web Store is just one of the many sources of extensions and is not under the possession of Dragon. The same case of logging in the Web Store to install particular extensions are also present in other Chromium-based browsers.

try to install a new extension only to be told the I have to go to the Google sign-in process, return to a URL that clearly says Web Store and fail each time to insert maybe 60% of must have tools, extensions or the icons showing on what would be nice to have, a 2nd Dragon toolbar that wraps right around the top one and make accessing it not a quit browsing (anymore) but diving into tweaking the Under the Hood to Extensions drop-down main control portal

3. A detailed listing and verification of extensions installed.

The Dragon's only toolbar overflows off the screen and an iffy 'Web Store' extension availability puts some great extensions out of my reach even when I am in the Web Store and following the how-to rules to incorporated them into a toolbar not long enough to make them easily useful.  Like who just sent me a homing cookie that found a home in my core/vital Windows driver store or gave me a permanent *.ru *.dll to rip out?

Now to add a few comments on your post:
1. Try to leave out as much unnecessary details as possible and provide a concise and accurate description of the problem/request.
2. Examples are appreciated though three instances would suffice.
3. Let's not put our comments in our titles (when you put in "easy") and just provide what it ought to contain: the request/complaint. People might misunderstand (say, for example, belittling their competence as coders)
4. Since this is particular to an existing product, it ought to be placed where it belongs: in the Comodo Dragon Request section.

Hope I had been of some help.
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Offline SPOVET777

Thanks spainach_12,
Yes I get verbose & OT, so I seldom post to forums which require I extrapolate even more, and pick up other user impatience when a reader has to plow through my 500 word diatribes. I think I stated everything I wanted to in the last long post/and some! I have contacted Chromium, several times w/no reply, they don't seem to have a huge C-Dragon data base to pull from. Got tired of d/l-ing vital extensions only to have them shift right of my screen (literally), the Google drop-down ap helps but as more essential elements of Windows are incorporated into the mix, and all I get is 1-line, even Google's (G-1) drop down only opens the same aps I could add the same to rows on top of rows common to MSIE/FireFox to fill 1/2 the screen with Ask, Yahoo or Google toolbars and run into what is still a legit concern for me, has this ap been tested OK for any toolbar/ap/extension, even a Comodo Dragon single one. Nice ap out there that checks the HTML I write designing web pages, it needs work & when I can load an expensive CD/DVD that does a better job, why bother? When C-Dragon fields an NSS day-1 catches rootkits to variants of conflicker B-?, that would be an ap I would want. Instead I run expensive checks everything suites that last a year then are dead progs. The Web Store is still 40% of aps I can grab and 60% that tell me to go BACK to the Web-Store to d/l it.  88) After all that ragging I still think Comodo Dragon is hot, will continue to use until I get upset & move back to Avant or Opera minus toolbars. I shutdown MSIE 9 for being more of a pain to use than user friendly.. or even safe. Is that a flame I see heading towards my NOMEX flight suit :-)  Nah, just some ad-cookie inbond fom a *.RU domain  >:-D

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
NO I am not trying to turn the best browser into stacked (malware portals) of rows of Ask, Bing, Yahoo , Google et al toolbar choked browsing
I understand
they don't seem to have a huge C-Dragon data base to pull from. Got tired of d/l-ing vital extensions only to have them shift right of my screen (literally), the Google drop-down ap helps but as more essential elements of Windows are incorporated into the mix, and all I get is 1-line, even Google's (G-1) drop down only opens the same aps I could add the same to rows on top of rows common to MSIE/FireFox to fill 1/2 the screen with Ask, Yahoo or Google toolbars and run into what is still a legit concern for me, has this ap been tested OK for any toolbar/ap/extension, even a Comodo Dragon single one.
Can you simplify this? 

Maybe a browser that looks like this picture here >:-D
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek