Author Topic: Here is a tool that might help identify whats on your machine  (Read 89955 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: Here is a tool that might help identify whats on your machine
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 03:42:53 AM »
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 04:02:56 AM »
Nice tool,

looks to me much like a command line version of Autoruns.exe
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

I am attaching my log file here.
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows8 x64 | CIS 6 | Waterfox | Comodo Dragon x86 | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | SuperCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 3TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline kathradar

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
Evening...I am not a techy or the brightest bulb in the box, but when I downloaded the tool then went to open the app, a message popped up about a psc txt file would appear at the same location as this tool, to email that file (to whom?) then drag the app and the text file to the recycle bin??? I never saw anything like that before, Oh yeah, how do I run this file to see if I have a virus on my pc which the free version didn't pick up...or worse yet, is it a virus sending me that pop up msg to email them the file? Thx, I'll check my box for replies.
Ahh..I see others have attached the txt file to their post. Is this what I'm supposed to do with it?
Sorry...new to this stuff.

kathradar
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:43:31 PM by kathradar »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »
Evening...I am not a techy or the brightest bulb in the box, but when I downloaded the tool then went to open the app, a message popped up about a psc txt file would appear at the same location as this tool, to email that file (to whom?) then drag the app and the text file to the recycle bin??? I never saw anything like that before, Oh yeah, how do I run this file to see if I have a virus on my pc which the free version didn't pick up...or worse yet, is it a virus sending me that pop up msg to email them the file? Thx, I'll check my box for replies.
Ahh..I see others have attached the txt file to their post. Is this what I'm supposed to do with it?
Sorry...new to this stuff.

kathradar

Hello,

This is not a Comodo product and also was made by a dev that was or still is amongst the forums.

Instructions: Extract Zip (Right Click > Extract All )
Run Open up the application (Black dialog box should appear than the message then click OK)
A text document should have been created named psc-exam.txt
and thats it, disregard about emailing it to anyone, you may post it here or upload it here and One of us mods or another tech savy person could review your report and let you know if we find any well... findings

(This is a analysis tool nothing more nothing less)

Hope this helps
Thanks....Jake

Please Follow The Forum Rules!

I'm Offline!

Offline Rman87

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »
Hello.  I have a psc-exam report that I am going to attach to this message.  Will the Comodo people read through it and tell me what everything means please?  Thank you.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »
Hello.  I have a psc-exam report that I am going to attach to this message.  Will the Comodo people read through it and tell me what everything means please?  Thank you.
Hi Rman87,

Can you please tell us if you think your system is infected or why your running this tool?
Can you also please re-run the tool in an elevated command-box, this one is run under 'standard account' and hasn't got enough privileges to access all things it needs to investigate.
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline Rman87

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
I only have my account on the computer so I am the adminstrator.  I don't know why it would say that I am only a standard user because I am an administrator for my computer.  How would I be able to fix this?  I'm mostly running the test to make sure my computer is completely clean of malware and viruses.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »
if you start the 'command-box' use right mouse 'Run as Administrator' and confirm the UAC alert with Yes that would give it elevated privileges.
Windows 7 runs even admins in 'standard' accounts, and prompts for UAC if you need 'real' admin permissions.
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline Rman87

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
what do you mean ronny?  I'm using Google Chrome and I didn't get an option to save it, I only got an option to open it.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 04:53:22 AM »
For this to work you need to save the tool first and then run it

a) from a elevated command prompt
b) from the saved location, right mouse click and then 'Run as Administrator'
Volunteer Moderator

Offline Rman87

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:03 AM »
Okay, I think I got it this time.  I'm reuploading the file.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:36 AM »
Okay, I think I got it this time.  I'm reuploading the file.
I'm certainly not an expert in this, but from the first look at it I see nothing special.
Volunteer Moderator

Offline Amm0-RaT

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »
hi guys, if their are people still willing to help. will someone look at this log, i did have a kernel virus, i reformatted and started again two weeks ago, im seeing odd stuff again, also could someone tell me why a whole bunch of process id's are not referencing their dll's, if possible any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »
hi guys, if their are people still willing to help. will someone look at this log, i did have a kernel virus, i reformatted and started again two weeks ago, im seeing odd stuff again, also could someone tell me why a whole bunch of process id's are not referencing their dll's, if possible any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

pls use CCE and KillSwitch.

Offline rockfish

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2011, 04:34:38 AM »
all I got was a blank report, is that good news?
does it work on win7 64 ?
rockfish

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek