Author Topic: How to stop illegal internet sharing?  (Read 10618 times)

Offline pirt

Re: How to stop illegal internet sharing?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 02:46:49 AM »
I called my ISP and blocked the computer in network switch.For the port nbd gram 138 your answer is wrong: http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t21670.0.html;msg150328. I read this thread 2 days ago.

The CIS didn't stop the hacker, just failed in real life hursh test.Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:00:50 AM by pirt »

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 04:21:06 AM »
The CIS didn't stop the hacker, just failed in real life hursh test.Thanks.
what hacker?
you simply have to install a fresh operation system, install a firewall, plug in the internet, and you get hacked?

and we all had no idea until today.
thank you too.
i unplug mine now. may be allready too late....
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline georgef

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »
If this is a home computer you go into your router through your browser usually by default you can type in 192.168.0.1 and it will take you there. Once there set up a user name and password. Then in your pc you'll have to pute in the same name and password just check the remember box and you wont have to every time you log in. Also block the IP from you router.

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 07:14:44 AM »
If this is a home computer you go into your router through your browser usually by default you can type in 192.168.0.1 and it will take you there. Once there set up a user name and password. Then in your pc you'll have to pute in the same name and password just check the remember box and you wont have to every time you log in.
Apart from making a password for the router, what are you talking about?

Also block the IP from you router.
If he would be hacked if he doesnt block this ip, blocking a single ip would make no sense because EVERY ip could be malicious for this router then.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline Radaghast

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
It would appear there's a PC somewhere, running Internet Connection Sharing, it's this PC acting as the gateway and providing your PC with an IP address in the 192.168.0.x range.
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.”

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek