Author Topic: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1  (Read 101137 times)

Offline jonbean

Re: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:13 PM »
I did download the verification engine , but took it off , mainly because when I was just browsing it kept coming up every time .  Every time I logged onto Google or checked the weather the verification engine would activate. I would prefer if it was on my taskbar and I could activate it as and when I needed to ,  for example when it was important and I  was making some sort of transaction or I felt I needed to check a site, but not on every single site I clicked onto.

Same reason I junked an otherwise good program. It was too darn annoying.

Offline jiminie

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:32 PM »
Here are my thoughts. I am using the Verification Engine and find it very satisfying and useful.
I find no reason to remove anything. I like the alerting border, the trailing mouse arrow, and other security confidences provided. I do not find the VE actions irritating or objectionable. I vote for these tools to remain.
Thanks.

Offline N.T.T.W.

• Comodo's Hero
  • A minute of your time can help many.
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 06:55:33 AM »
I can understand and appreciate that in this day and age to have something on the computer that helps to verify a site is genuine is great.

Perhaps a tick or some clear indication on the 'V' symbol on the taskbar, rather than a green surround ?, so you can instantly look to see a site is genuine  but it is less intrusive than green arrows or a green surround.?

Something along the lines of the McAfee site advisor add-on would be good - no big green border, just a little green indicator at the bottom of the browser window.
Post proelia praemia.
Die dulci fruere.

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2007, 07:27:19 AM »
Hallo Melih,
I don't personally use VE because Opera is my 1st choice browser.
There are any chances that Opera will be supported in future VE releases?
It would be usefull a Submit this url to Comodo too.

Thanks. :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Novieiam

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
Hi

Will V/E work with FFOX 2.0?

I used to love it when i used Ie7, but changed to Ffox and it didn't work?

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »
Hi

Will V/E work with FFOX 2.0?

I used to love it when i used Ie7, but changed to Ffox and it didn't work?

Hi,

VE should work fine with FireFox.  You need to reinstall VE, however, if you installed FireFox after you installed VE.

Mike

Offline Devil may cry

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
Thnx Mike i will give it a go    :Beer

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »
Thnx Mike i will give it a go    :Beer

Ok.  Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Offline baalzvuv

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
I owuld like to ask that the VE would work with Maxthon 2.
Thanks

Offline bigjim

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »
The main idea of VE is great but... it lacks a lot unreferenced sites...
To increase the number of referenced sites, I have one suggestion: add an one click button to VE to submit a site for approval to Comodo Team.
That way it will be easier for your team to extract the relevant sites automatically. e.g. if more than n people submitted the same URL, the site is probably really an interesting one...

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1 on IE v7.xx
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2008, 02:39:03 PM »
Is this a project in progress or NOT?  I thought VE worked on both browsers, FF v2.0.0.13 and IE v7.0.5730.11, and would it be too impossible to add it to the 'Tools' selectable on the Menu Bar?  There are many other browsers in use that would benefit from this type of protection, even if it is only notifying you if the site is valid or not is better protection than NOTHING.

Maybe I have just missed something along the line or in this Forum, Enlighten me please?

Thank you for reading my confussed poster toaster,
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor 2.3GigHz, 4Gig RAM; 64Bit Win7; IE8.0; FF3.6.3/w PassWordMaker1.7.2.

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2008, 05:11:36 AM »
Please tell us the features/improvements you would like to see in Verification Engine.
thanks
Melih

Goodday Melih,

I have got some suggestions:

* Give the program information about the website you are visiting (when you are visiting secure websites you can click on the yellow padlock and you see info about the used certificate) but what about other websites? Give a little bit of who is info I mean

* Give VE a button that can notify comodo when you visit a bad website (and you know it is bad) or a button that can alert comodo about websites that are not indexed by VE to be classified as trusted.

* VE must support more browsers like Safari and Opera when using these browsers VE doesn't seem to be active. (note: I did reinstall VE after these browsers were installed).

* I know you can reccord your own voice or own sound in VE, but why dont give some samples already! Give some sample alerts so we can use them for bad websites for example.

* I want VE to have auto update or manual update function. I want to see when VE is updating or not, or I want to have control about wether VE gets an update yes or not.

Okey these were my requests (I am sorry If some were requested before, I didn't read all the posts (:SHY));

I hope Melih you find my requests usefull,

Kind regards.
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline NTxLS

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 10:14:12 AM »
Another feature that would be very helpful and PROTECTIVE is functioning when 'F-11' or Full Screen is used.  Not being a programmer or very wise in the ways of the software, I cannot understand why this one feature is NOT workable.  I know it involves much programming in the back-ground, why not just have the "VE" access the Address field we use as input and what comes back from the site visited?  Ya, I know, "just wish it was that simple."

I too have the wish of maybe some day of understanding a little better what is required and how complex these operations are and that just probably will never happen.  [at] 68 yrs. along in my lifetime, set in my ways, bull headed, stubborn, well you get the idea.

TIA, for reading my poster postie,
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor 2.3GigHz, 4Gig RAM; 64Bit Win7; IE8.0; FF3.6.3/w PassWordMaker1.7.2.

Offline Lupatrian

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »
 :BNC Can't wait for V-Engine to work with Firefox 3! V-Engine rules. Thanks!

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
HI!

VE has to have a database wich includes bad websites, so when visiting such a site you will see a red border and a soundalert!! makes internet much safer.

ok, have a nice day.

(V) :THNK
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek