Author Topic: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1  (Read 101960 times)

Offline AOwL

• Comodo SuperHero
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Firewall Pro - Be safe, use protection...
    • NordicNatureMedia
Re: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 09:39:23 AM »
Finally it supports FF2... ;D Working great so far.
If it's hard to implement in the browsers, the least thing you would expect is that you could right click the sys tray icon and exit v-engine. You should also be able to choose if you want it to autostart with Windows.
When you work with "heavy" programs, you don't want to have any unnecessary processes running.
I want to be able to turn it on, when I'm shopping or visit my bank.

Offline elfstone

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:23 AM »
I totally second that. In fact, I concur with an earlier message that there should be a version wrapped as an FX extension (they're called add-ons lately :()... As I use FX 99.99% of the time when I browse, I really don't need a separate process running in the tray.

Another issue I want to bump up is that VE must be available on the official FX extension page (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/extensions/). It's the most visible place for FX users and if it gets rated high there it's like Comodo gaining 'street cred' overall (yeah, I picked up this lame phrase watching Studio 60...)

Way to go, Comodo!

(R)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:00:57 AM by elfstone »

Offline AOwL

• Comodo SuperHero
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Firewall Pro - Be safe, use protection...
    • NordicNatureMedia
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 03:52:19 AM »
I have turned off the autostart, by unchecking it in start/run/msconfig/autostart. It still works with FF 2 since it is an extension now. Now I'm happy. ;D
You can inactivate it in FF too, in the extension list if you want.
Yes, vengine would get a lot of users if it where available at mozilla.

Offline elfstone

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 04:00:25 AM »
Thanks, I hadn't realized that. It's way cooler, but it still stays in systray after that, and the only way to kill it is to, uhmm, kill it  ;)

Oh, and if it gets on the mozilla extension site, we should all comment there, praising CPF as well ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:03:47 AM by elfstone »

Offline gjmveloso

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2006, 07:54:22 PM »
An option to send a URL to Comodo analysis...
Brazillian Comodo User

Online Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »
I have turned off the autostart, by unchecking it in start/run/msconfig/autostart. It still works with FF 2 since it is an extension now. Now I'm happy. ;D
You can inactivate it in FF too, in the extension list if you want.
Yes, vengine would get a lot of users if it where available at mozilla.

Why don't you write to Mozilla guys and ask them to include it :)

Melih

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 02:12:30 AM »
I'd like to see VE implemented as a BHO in IE, in the same manner that is is an extension in FireFox.

This way it would only be invoked and using memory when a browser was in use. As banks haven't created their own custom client software and rely on a browser for internet comms, am I wrong in thinking that VE should only be resident and active when there is a browser based internet connection?

what think?
ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline overfifty

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »
 I did download the verification engine , but took it off , mainly because when I was just browsing it kept coming up every time .  Every time I logged onto Google or checked the weather the verification engine would activate. I would prefer if it was on my taskbar and I could activate it as and when I needed to ,  for example when it was important and I  was making some sort of transaction or I felt I needed to check a site, but not on every single site I clicked onto.

Online Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 02:54:36 PM »
I did download the verification engine , but took it off , mainly because when I was just browsing it kept coming up every time .  Every time I logged onto Google or checked the weather the verification engine would activate. I would prefer if it was on my taskbar and I could activate it as and when I needed to ,  for example when it was important and I  was making some sort of transaction or I felt I needed to check a site, but not on every single site I clicked onto.

What aspect of this would you like to improve?

some examples
1)get rid off the trailing arrow?
2)get rid off the green border?

etc?

Do you think you would have kept it, if the trailing mouse wasn't there?

Melih

Offline hilmi

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2007, 07:04:32 PM »
Melih

I'd like to see VE on the browser toolbar with an option to disable/enable.

Hilmi
XP Pro SP2, cable modem, Nod32, SpyWall, COMODO

Offline overfifty

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 02:32:45 PM »
Melih,
In reply to your questions , I just found that it was irritating that it kept coming up and going green on almost every site that I looked at , in the main I was just browsing and did not see why it needed to keep on flashing green. As it happens I was looking at airlines to see what offers they had on at the time , I did not want to book a ticket , but was checking New Zealand air, Emirates, Singapore, Virgin etc.  Sometimes I have a look at different fishing sites,  with no intention of making a purchase.

I fully accept the concept, but What I would have prefered is having the 'V' sign in the taskbar and when I wanted to pay a bill or use my credit card online, or even just check to see that the site is indeed cosher that I could then click on the 'V' sign and it would then become active and check the site I was using was indeed genuine. I suppose like having an "on" -  "off"  or "check this site" button.

regards   Overfifty

Offline overfifty

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
To  continue: The moving green arrow and the surround is not really needed , but the icon that comes up when you hover over the padlock is a good idea. But one problem could be if not all sites can be checked , such as singapore airlines , does this mean that the site is not cosha, or that it just hasn't joined the scheme?

Online Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »
well, the issue is Usability.
we have some users saying: we want to see the site we go to is legitimate, without having to move our mouse etc. Its about offering Identity Assurance with minimal effort (nil in this case).

The ssl icon is good, but does not offer Content Authentication eg: how do u know a visa logo is authentic or not?

Melih

Offline overfifty

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 01:00:57 PM »
I can understand and appreciate that in this day and age to have something on the computer that helps to verify a site is genuine is great.

Perhaps a tick or some clear indication on the 'V' symbol on the taskbar, rather than a green surround ?, so you can instantly look to see a site is genuine  but it is less intrusive than green arrows or a green surround.?

Offline Sunnygjg

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
I found the the constant verification of every site I visited a little annoying too. However I turned off the auto VD in options, so I now have to place the cursor over the site heading or a padlock to instigate it, and it now suits me very well.   8)

(R)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek