VE 18.104.22.168 doesn't work here in IE8 on XP SP3 x32 with all updates (OS and IE). VE docs read that "VE start work just after installation, you don't need to do anything" (original wording is not preserved).
VE (vengine.exe) is running, but no verification results are displayed in IE8:
- either by loading SSL page, freezing mouse (no move) and waiting (forever);
- or by hovering mouse over padlock on fully loaded page;
- or by hovering mouse over site logo on fully loaded page;
Btw, i know how verification results are displayed because VE works in FF 3.5.2 on same system.
I do appreciate both your replies to my posts in this thread and inhttps://forums.comodo.com/empty-t44073.0.html;topicseen
I was hesitant though what place would be more appropriate for replying
I choose this one because it is more about Internet Explorer.
As I said many times already - I do not care about IE at all(never used it and never will)
At the same time there were several reports here in the forum about problems with IE... and it looks like developers are not very interested either
What you've described is a bit different: say,
- I never experienced the symptom like "freezing mouse"
- well sure "hovering mouse over site logo" - that actually I am not expecting since that is not working in Fox as well ... only hovering over padlock in Fox gives green border several recent versions of V-Engine
- there is no padlock in IE (at least I cannot see it; and I posted the image already).
So basically there are a lot of problems with V-Engine in conjunction with IE...
...the symptoms differ from system to system...
The only thing to add again & again: if there are requests from developers for providing information in order to pinpoint the causes - I am sure we will be able to do that
Thanks again for responding