I am a heavy user of teamviewer and have to say that this tool is marvellous. My "short" statement why:
- for free (time limitation very generous with 25 hours/month - I never reached it)
- small app with a very fast installer
- use without installation possible
- host mode installation (on the other side no necessity of someone confirming your connection) for example for servers or unattended pcs
- freaking fast
- absolutely no configuration required
- data transfer
- USB-Stick Version
- change of viewer direction
- settings changeable during running session
- presentation mode
- works with more than one partners
....I think that´s it at first glance
In my opinion the best tool for remote support and desktop sharing on the web - give it a try!
TeamViewer is nice but there is several problem you may face with:
1. If you connect to multiple different ID, their system will start throttle your connection. Because they suspect the current ID involve with commercial usage. Well if you really is a home user (non-commercial user) is easy to solve above problem. You just need clarify your usage and who you connected to TeamViewer then according to situation they might remove the throttled for you.
2. TeamViewer require Dyngate.exe to serve as a router in order to communicate back to their server. This program sometime do often cause problem like unable to properly connect to server, or simply cause connection failed.
If you looking for a free remote control, their is also other option to choose such as:
combination of no-ip + a VNC program such as RealVNC/UltraVNC/TightVNC they all are free version.
in order to register no-ip please go to http://www.no-ip.com/
this application has the ability to register you computer and current ip to their DNS server. It will be very useful especially for Dynamic IP User.