Your opinion about NOD32.

Heuristics in NOD32 doesn’t learn all the variants. Far away from that goal.

I’m saying that NOD32 doesn’t have enough signatures. Avira beats the sh…t out of it. And yes Avira produces false positives (slight chance), but you have that feeling that you are protected. As you have that feeling when you use Comodo Firewall or Online Armor.

I tested NOD32 v3 and Eset Smart Security from alpha stage and dropped them when the release version came out.
Why ? I was in search of the best Av which doesn’t slow down your PC - I tried everyone of them ! Free or paid. And a few betas. And when I found NOD I thougt - YES. Great ! But my happiness was gone soon. I told my friend who is a die-hard fan of Avast! (whitch I showed to him earlier) to try NOD32. He tried, he liked it. He used it for a month. One day his PC started to behave strangely. NOD32 haven’t found anything. We unistalled it and installed Avast! back - it picked up 8 or 9 nasties. But the computer was fuc…ed up already so I suggested to format. We did so. Installed Avast! and now he’s even die-harder fan of it and eagerly waiting for Avast 5 and hating NOD32.
Then I did some tests and NOD32 failed miserably. On some tests even ClamAV performed better.

On some tests even ClamAV performed better.
LOL , ClamAV is the best !!!!! It rulez !!!
Heuristics in NOD32 doesn't learn all the variants. Far away from that goal.
I wasn't reffering to the heuristics, I was refering to the old signatures.
I tested NOD32 v3 and Eset Smart Security from alpha stage and dropped them when the release version came out.
Me too (beta stage, not alpha);D
Then I did some tests and NOD32 failed miserably
Test them all, they all will fail. you want to know why? Because it's detection that is the main point, not prevention. Scanning... I don't care about. All products will fail, because they all will not have 100%, so they fail. It doesn't matter with how much, it all doesn't matter...

Xan

P.S. change your quote please, it’s annoying because it makes no sense :slight_smile:

:‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’(
Now you made me cry …

There there. :-\ Eat some chocolate :stuck_out_tongue: and your mood will be back to normal ;D All I can say that ClamAv has potencial. :slight_smile:

Another sneaky move ;D NOD32 spyware detection is - loudly repeat after me - H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E. ;D I’m sorry NOD32 lovers - I’m done. You can bash me. I’m not Eset hater. I’m not Symantec hater. But it is how it is.
And NOD32 in MY opinion is overrated. It’s not the worse - no way, but it’s not the best - no way :slight_smile:

NOD32 IS a good AV. Lets leave it at that. (:WIN)

NOD32 2.7 was great. NOD32 3.0 was a big step backwards. Just read the posts at Wilders. I was a fan of NOD32 and now I am using Avira Premium 8.

I tried 2.7 and it was ok but nothing like all the hype that reviews and other forum post made it out to be. it was not for me and i can say i left it way behind.

Moved yet another 5 more off-topic posts. Please remember this is about NOD32 and not about ClamAntivirus, Avira goddess, king Comodo AV, or any other product. This is the 3rd time I had to do this for this thread. If I have to do this again, I’m locking the topic.

Sorry, but oh behave.

What I can’t mention Comodo AV on a comodo forum? What has the world come to???

Its a Comodo forum but a NOD32 thread thats why.

Moved yet more off topic posts. As warned by Soya, This topic is now locked.

Josh