Your opinion about NOD32.

soya >:(
http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/4/4/28/f_chasem_50f9d7c.gif

OK, lets talk about NOD32

i know nothing about it (:TNG)

ehm, seriously, among the “cracked” version, Norton & symantec are far more popular than NOD32 here.

The Devil Is Watching You

Josh

IMO NOD32 is way overrated. It’s good, but not the best. NOT ! It’s good for gamers, cos it’s lite. But it’s detection is no better than CAVS 2 and NOD32 lacks independent lab testing.
For example take a look at Burillos testing: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_about_cavs/huge_samples_collection-t17746.30.html
Eset Smart Security is even worse. It uses 30 - 35 mb ram. So it’s not so light. The firewall in nonexistent (5% in Matousec tests and I can confirm it - I cracked it in less than 2 minutes).

Believe I used both of these products.

IMO NOD32 is way overrated
I don't think so, NOD32 is good and has always been good http://www.eset.com/products/compare-NOD32-vs-competition.php (I still don't know how to give it another name :))
Eset Smart Security is even worse
Who cares about smart security, it's the antivirus that matters with NOD32, the rest is just for the money :D.
ehm, seriously, among the "cracked" version, Norton & symantec are far more popular than NOD32 here.
Seriously, you .... aree .... tottally ..... [b]WRONG[/b] !!!! NOD32 is together with Kaspersky the most cracked software. You want to know why, cause (by the way, symantec and norton is the same ;D, symantec is the company, Norton the product) <-- they ■■■■■■■ it up with the resources so no cracker want to ■■■■■ it :P.

[shadow=red,left]WARNING : I do not promote or say cracking is good. Cracking is illegal and could be the first breach in your defence !!![/shadow]

Xan

VB100 % is ■■■■ testing. Everyone’s passing it (almost). I mean give me a few results from independent testers and then we can talk.
For example I tested it. Ofcourse you can say I’m not independent now, but I am, cos i don’t care who wins. Even Norton can be a winner I don’t give a ■■■■. :slight_smile: NOD32 scored a little bit better than in Burillos tests. I had over 10000 malware samples - both new and old and NOD32 got 73 %. Kaspersky got 97,5, BitDefender 98,2 Norton got 88.2 %

it’s symantec AntiVirus >:(
we have something called google 88)

look here:
http://www.stanford.edu/services/ess/pc/sav.html

i think we better post more about NOD32 before someone kick us out 88)

vote for NOD32 :-TU :-TU

I mean give me a few results from independent testers and then we can talk.
Firstly VB100% is independent, secondly test s*ck. You want to know why, because they don't have the samples of the next month.
For example I tested it.
Funny, I did too. (:LGH) But also, the samples you have and I promis you, they're old. (with old saying, like 5 months old and not spreading). So they're irrelevant.
I had over 10000 malware samples
Also here, 10000 is like the new malware coming out every day. Having these are already passed and will probably never come back (unless you changed their sources :))

I’m not as pro NOD32 as it seems, I’m just giving my thought about it. (I don’t use any antivir/antispy/antimalware)
Xan

If the antivirus can detect only new viruses then I don’t need that, cos it’s ■■■■. Who cares if the virus is spreading or not. If I catch something old lets say from eMule or torrent, and it will harm my PC, why do i need that kind of shi**y antivirus ?

I don’t like how NOD32 updates and how it plays russian rullete betting everything on heuristics. :slight_smile: I don’t want flames, but NOD32 is overrated. People think that they found the GOD in antivirus. Light, detects everything, no false positives and stuff like that. Naive :smiley:

P.S. Oh BTW Norton gets VB100% too and often, so it’s good too. ■■■■ even K7 antivirus got VB100% :smiley: And believe me that antivirus is a joke ;D

I don't like how NOD32 updates and how it plays russian rullete betting everything on heuristics.
I think and I have proof that NOD32 has the only heuristic scanner that isnt playing roulette. Look to antivir, it had more than 16 FP in the last test.
If the antivirus can detect only new viruses then I don't need that, cos it's ■■■■.
So you don't want to be protected against the new virusses and just want protection against the old one? I don't get that point, you even don't care that it is spreading or not? So tell me, how can a not spreading virus infect you? It can't couse it isn't spreading, so who cares about them, they're not a threat.
Light, detects everything, no false positives and stuff like that. Naive
Trusting on a AV is always naive. So that point is cleared out ;D (so we do agree about something). Light? It is. No FP? indeed. Detects everything. Of course ...

… (heum)

NOT ! this is an idiot statement. Why even say that. 88)

If I catch something old let's say from eMule or torrent, and it will harm my PC, why do i need that kind of shi**y antivirus ?
The heuristic will catch it, I promise :)

Now if you will excuse me, I have schoolwork to do. (■■■■. forum, my points are dropping >:()

Xan :smiley:

Good luck on school work. :wink:

But I think an antivirus should detect new and old viruses.

And heuristict doesn’t catch anything. When I tested NOD32 without heuristics it didn’t detect only 12 samples, whitch heuristics cought.

P.S. 16 FP’s ? It’s like 0.2 % probability. I’d better get an FP than a virus who quetly sneaked because of signatureless AV ;D

But I think an antivirus should detect new and old viruses.
Of course it should, if it has the original one, he 'learn' all his variants (new ones)
And heuristict doesn't catch anything
[b]AGAINST[/b]
12 samples, whitch heuristics cought.

and

16 FP's ? It's like 0.2 % probability. I'd better get an FP than a virus who quetly sneaked because of signatureless AV
[b]VS[/b]
And heuristict doesn't catch anything.

So you were saying … :wink:

Xan

till so far my studywork >:(

Heuristics in NOD32 doesn’t learn all the variants. Far away from that goal.

I’m saying that NOD32 doesn’t have enough signatures. Avira beats the sh…t out of it. And yes Avira produces false positives (slight chance), but you have that feeling that you are protected. As you have that feeling when you use Comodo Firewall or Online Armor.

I tested NOD32 v3 and Eset Smart Security from alpha stage and dropped them when the release version came out.
Why ? I was in search of the best Av which doesn’t slow down your PC - I tried everyone of them ! Free or paid. And a few betas. And when I found NOD I thougt - YES. Great ! But my happiness was gone soon. I told my friend who is a die-hard fan of Avast! (whitch I showed to him earlier) to try NOD32. He tried, he liked it. He used it for a month. One day his PC started to behave strangely. NOD32 haven’t found anything. We unistalled it and installed Avast! back - it picked up 8 or 9 nasties. But the computer was fuc…ed up already so I suggested to format. We did so. Installed Avast! and now he’s even die-harder fan of it and eagerly waiting for Avast 5 and hating NOD32.
Then I did some tests and NOD32 failed miserably. On some tests even ClamAV performed better.

On some tests even ClamAV performed better.
LOL , ClamAV is the best !!!!! It rulez !!!
Heuristics in NOD32 doesn't learn all the variants. Far away from that goal.
I wasn't reffering to the heuristics, I was refering to the old signatures.
I tested NOD32 v3 and Eset Smart Security from alpha stage and dropped them when the release version came out.
Me too (beta stage, not alpha);D
Then I did some tests and NOD32 failed miserably
Test them all, they all will fail. you want to know why? Because it's detection that is the main point, not prevention. Scanning... I don't care about. All products will fail, because they all will not have 100%, so they fail. It doesn't matter with how much, it all doesn't matter...

Xan

P.S. change your quote please, it’s annoying because it makes no sense :slight_smile:

:‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’(
Now you made me cry …

There there. :-\ Eat some chocolate :stuck_out_tongue: and your mood will be back to normal ;D All I can say that ClamAv has potencial. :slight_smile:

Another sneaky move ;D NOD32 spyware detection is - loudly repeat after me - H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E. ;D I’m sorry NOD32 lovers - I’m done. You can bash me. I’m not Eset hater. I’m not Symantec hater. But it is how it is.
And NOD32 in MY opinion is overrated. It’s not the worse - no way, but it’s not the best - no way :slight_smile:

NOD32 IS a good AV. Lets leave it at that. (:WIN)

NOD32 2.7 was great. NOD32 3.0 was a big step backwards. Just read the posts at Wilders. I was a fan of NOD32 and now I am using Avira Premium 8.

I tried 2.7 and it was ok but nothing like all the hype that reviews and other forum post made it out to be. it was not for me and i can say i left it way behind.

Moved yet another 5 more off-topic posts. Please remember this is about NOD32 and not about ClamAntivirus, Avira goddess, king Comodo AV, or any other product. This is the 3rd time I had to do this for this thread. If I have to do this again, I’m locking the topic.

Sorry, but oh behave.

What I can’t mention Comodo AV on a comodo forum? What has the world come to???