Why is it ok?

I suspect that for a large number of potential Comodo customers the idea that “you get what you pay for” still figures highly in their estimations. Even as a long-term CIS user I’m still quite amazed to find this quality of protection available for free. I think it’s the “free” aspect that scares people.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that you stop keeping CIS free :slight_smile:

Perhaps more attention might be given in your marketing to explaining why “free” doesn’t mean “rubbish” (and why paying doesn’t mean it’s good).

免费100% 功能强大 相信很多人选择COMODO 遍全球 打广告名气好大 在中国太猛了 厉害 可惜了 我对COMODO功能很多地方不懂 希望出中文说明书了解很多完整功能 ;D

english only in this part of the forum

OP It’s not that they don’t stand behind but you may notice that even when they advertise,k handwipes and antibacterial soaps and disinfectants they will only say it kills 99% or 99.9% of all germs and bacteria. They will never say it will kill 100% because they can’t confirm that. Same for antivirus and security. You can’t test against all the threats in existence… at best you can test against all the threats you know about…which is a small subgroup of the threats in existence.

Then there’s the fact that new threats pop up practically by the hour… even if you could say you can protect 100% against all the threats in existence. WIthin a day there are probably a hundred new threats in the ecosystem.

There are no guarantees possible in a chaotic and rapidly evolving system. There’s also the unspoken problem that the user behaviour adds another variable they can’t account for. What the user chooses to click on, run, install, etc. what other software is on the system and so forth.

I think you’ve just mafe Melih’s point for him. His question is designed as an intro to Comodo’s containment technology. With containment you can prevent 100% of the infections, even zero-day ones. :slight_smile:

Is it CIS free legal to use in a small office/company environment?

yes

Thanks.

comodo guarantees virus free but weak in test results

Test results vary buy one consistent score is 100% 0-day detection. Nothing can do any harm to your system with CIS Installed. It’s not about detection these days, prevention is the key.

Current av-test.org results Test Comodo Internet Security Premium 10.0 for Windows 10 (174015) | AV-TEST

Eric

Thank you for being willing to volunteer for making translations. You need to contact Alexander Suvak who is the coordinator of translations.

Translations are requested and submitted in CIS & CCAV Localizations (incl. CCE/KS/Autoruns).

May be he is taking a vacation. Let’s give it another week (or two).

Hi alexkoala,
will check.

Thanks
-umesh

Yes, Alex was off and he is in touch now with alexkoala.

Thanks
-umesh

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I’m using comodo for a long long time. Sometimes together with avast, avira, lately with Qihoo and at the moment as a stand alone (CIS). I monitor regularly my PC with malwarebytes, adwcleaner, somtimes with free TDSSKiller by Kaspersky
(adwcleaner and TDSSKiller do not need to be installed). In all the years I never had problems withe malware, backdoors, worms etc. unless I didn’t notice but don’t believe that. Onlinebanking i.e. without any problems.
I do not thin about another firewall.
Only in very last time I understand the program a little bit more. It’s not easy and therefore, I think, judge many user this software as too tricky. It’s, of course, easier to handle a programm moving three controllers and to read: “You are saved”.
Nevertheless, those software make surely a good job but I really trust comodo with its possibility of fine tuning even if it seems tricky and it IS tricky.
Over all it’s not so easy as a German speaker to understan the English manual because I often have to use a translater because of technical expressions so I often lost the thread.

As to replying to the original topic…

(-Hello, by the way. Recently new user here…)

As a computer-tinkerer by profession, I have first hand knowledge (the hard way) of finding out what works and what is not working.
My own computers are clean, hardened and cared for, and the only times I get mal/ad/bloatware, is when I volunteer to myself to download sketchy stuff from the abyss (read: internet).
The funny thing is, where my customers turn their computers into syrupy-slow snail-speed by installing 3, sometimes 4 ‘free antivirus’ that actually rot their OS’ from the inside, I have been quite content with Windows Defender+Malwarebytes´+Ccleaner. That combination is actually pretty gold. I have now used them for years, and I see no reason to stop yet.
-I am tempted to naming&shaming certain ‘antivirus’-companies, but I will not lower myself to such practices.

One evening, not in need, but of pure curiosity, and taking a dislike to how I over time have become integrated into the machinations of ‘Everything-Google’…
FF launched a new version, V57 and I took an instant liking to it. Then, I found an alternative to googlesearch… …namely Duckduckgo.
From there it wasn’t far to find Dragon/IceDragon. -Well, IceDragon, since its based on FF…
Aaand from there I got curious to what else Comodo had to offer. I must admit, I had never heard about CIS.
I got curious, downloaded, installed, and my oh my. -All the details. I was impressed, but simultaneously sceptical. -No wonder, since I daily repair customer computers, where the main source to evil is actually ‘antivirus’ (-beside the customers themselves, ofc).
Being adept at correcting stuff, I thought, eh, let’s at least try it out for a few days… …-that was three months ago.
My computer is running Win10 with Defender, Malwarebytes, Ccleaner and CIS Premium 10, IceDragon v.57 Beta and Duckduckgo.
I am a happy camper. -Except for the part that I really loath Windows 10… …but that is for another thread in another forum.

TL;DR - Comodo, because it does not rot your computer from the inside, it actually register sketchy bizniz you try to do, with warnings, poison-green frames…
It gives a ton of nifty settings and options. It does not rot your computer from the inside. Considering the size of the suite, it does not rot the computer from the inside. NO popups telling the user that they’ve got virus/malware. It doesn’t refuse me to do something if I disagree, beecause I want to do less secure internet-stuff normal people ought to avoid.

Hands down, I do approve of Comodo software, so far.

May the tides of the internet be kind.
/Ulvetann

Hello. Newbie here.
I am a little confused. Some of you state using more than one A/V. Defender and others. How? Defender automatically disables itself when any A/V is added. Another point. I have used Windows 10 for 3 or 4 years now and love it. i.e. No problems and no slow downs. And I agree about DuckDuckGo. Although Google was OK, it was tracking. And I never had use for Bing or others. Why so many? LOL

Why Comodo is so powerful for PC and is not updated for Android?
Android app are removed from the play store or no more updated since month, since 2017, we are on 2018.

Why Comodo is tested on AV-TEST for PC but not for Android?

I cannot trust Comodo for my Android device.

Comodo offers the best security and why you say you can’t trust it? Android doesn’t need security products and all Antivirus products for Android are useless and they only occupy system resources and slow down the device. I believe Comodo does the best in removing the android app and not upgrading it.