When will the next major update be for Comodo Internet Security?

That’s the whole reason why COMODO is changing the GUI. It’s a great GUI for experienced users, but novices are clueless. The new GUI will be aimed towards both groups. :slight_smile:

Read the text with contexdt, not out of context. I was talking about interface there, not the ease of use. Which to be honest will never be any easy. Not with D+. And you can make huge icons and flashy buttons and it’ll still be the old D+. So i see no point in doing that.

I was simply answering your question. The interface is obviously related to the ease of use towards users.

Exactly, an easier to navigate and use GUI and a greatly expanded trusted vendors list are very much needed.

Is that to do with the new API, when it says reporting status to security centre in a unknow format (something along those lines) if so i would of thought that would be last minute, so it can keep compatability with XP. ???

Yeah. That’s because of the new API. :slight_smile: Basically, the devs just need to have an if statement in the code: If windows XP use old API, else use the new API, then they would have compatibility with XP. I doubt it’s as simple as the way I wrote it there, but that just gives the general concept. Vista SP2 and Win 7 have the new API, in fact, Win 7 doesn’t even have the unknown format message, it just doesn’t display anything. SP2 has the message to warn users and contact their provider, but since Win 7 isn’t out yet, they just completely removed the old API code since by the time it’s out, the software should be compatible. :slight_smile:

The new security center is in Vista but there is a grace period of 1,5 year after the installation of SP1 in which security program makers get time to adapt to the new situation. So the first users will get affected by this per September this year.

So for those that use only Defense+ and Firewall there is no need to update?

I would still recommend updating because most likely some other small bugs have been fixed and you will need to update anyway if you want to update to any other future versions.

Alot of the comments in this thread seem to be about the Comodo GUI.

I use the current CIS. My take is it’s fine, and better than fine. With one click, it tell’s me everything I need to know about my current situation with a glance, with nice quick shortcuts, links, to tools and more info. One of the most useful interfaces I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen alot. Of course it could do more I guess, or less. I fear the less.

Heck, for novices it even includes the obligatory green checkmark. And it’s, thankfully, much smaller than other security GUI’s I’ve experienced.

I really hope the new GUI continues it’s awesome traits. (Not talking about the green checkmark trait.)

Thanks for update i m eagerly waiting for 3.10 & ofcourse 4.0 8)

Great GUI for experienced users?
LOL.
Where to begin… 88)

You can’t sort on columns, too difficult to find programs when you want to manually fine-tune rules, logging is terrible, you have to open multiple windows to do simple things, the Apply buttons behave like OK buttons, the tray icon doesn’t show any indicator that your security was left disabled…
And was just off the top of my head!!

CIS’s GUI is terrible, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t know anything about UI design.
In fact, if I could find a HIPS with the same stability, speed, and low resource requirements, I would switch right away.

It would be good if Comodo took a second look at mature products such as Winroute, Zonealarm and Outpost so they could get some UI tips.

You can post those here.

No. GUI is not terrible. But you don’t seem to differ between bad GUI design and buggy/unpolished one. Because CIS has the later one…

The GUI is not buggy, just the structure and so on sucks, much too much text on one heap.

The next GUI should solve this one (:AGY)

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/position_and_sizes_not_resolved_in_the_translation-t39695.0.html

“Words cut” does not make a software with professional appearance and the translators can not solve all problems. This is not the role of translators.

(:AGY)

(:AGY) >:( (:AGY)

Just make the lines long enough ;D

No, I haven’t seen any GUI bugs in almost a year.

OK - Apply - Cancel has been a standard for dialog boxes for quite some time.
XP had it from the beginning, but I am supposed to make a special request post for this?
Wouldn’t this be a no brainer?

Melih is a ■■■■ genius.

1. Release a product as freeware and provide good forum.
  2. Everyone likes free, so you get hundreds of thousands of users who will provide feedback so you can isolate the bugs.
  3. Have your development team focus on stability, speed, and low resource requirements, the three things enterprises like, and ignore the client GUI since consumers aren’t the true target.
  4. Develop a slammin’ GUI for your enterprise control software.
  5. Package your slammin’ enterprise GUI with your fully debugged security clients as a competitor to a product such as Symantec’s Endpoint Security, and market this to enterprises.
  6. Sit back and watch the loot roll in.
    :wink: