Website Reputation Rating / Security Advisor

No, I mean like an addon, not a toolbar.

http://www.vengine.com/

Something like WOT or Browser Defender for general websites.

Could Comodo use CIMA to analyse websites?

What happens if the site get injected with some malicious code?

The V-Engine wouldn’t detect it? ???

Neither would wot in real-time.They are based on ratings .Use noscript(default deny and whitelist) and linkextend.

And ‘RequestPolicy’. :-TU

Site Inspector would analyse a site for malicious activity.

Melih

Indeed but the first defense is your hand ;D try to think before clicking on every link. ;D

If that’s ‘Paessler Site Inspector’, I’m giving it a try now; looks interesting…

http://siteinspector.comodo.com/app/public/inputURL

Ah’, I C! :smiley:

Paessler Site Inspector was ■■■■ BTW… Too buggy. 88)

How does it scan for malicious activity? Does it use CIMA?

Quote form Melih in MRG.

Some sites "attack" user's browsers.. it is those active attacks this checks. this is NOT a AV checking for hosted content.

This is an “Attack Detection” tool.

Melih

I use Avast HE for that, & it does a very good job along with CIS (Firewall Only). The “Web Shield” from Avast prevents such kind of infections.

I do use Avast!, until today where is was replaced by MSE. But I shall switch back to Avast! when version 5 is released.

I’ve just used the siteinspector website provided by Comodo, I typed in the website www.spysheriff.com/ result = clean
The website as we all know is a rogue website. Disappointed in the result.

Point taken but I think we are talking about a site advisor (reputation) sort of plug in which is needed.
An attack from a website will be avoided by the site inspector if the website in question is entered (granted) but a site advisor which would show (good or bad/green tick or red cross) during a google search for example.

Site Advisor Technology is where you have to wait for a number of people to get attacked, infected or robbed - before someone begins to start rating that particular website, which was once safe, before it got hacked.

I can’t see this happening, because Dragon can do most of the things that I can think of.

On the other hand, what about integrating the “User Feedback / Ratings” from HopSurf into an addon for the web browser like Chrome/Dragon where the user cannot install “Toolbars”?