Uninstalling Comodo breaks internet connection

Ok, you got a deal! :slight_smile:
I have a major project going on a timeline right now, but as soon as I have a breather I will use the removal tool and we will see what happens. I can always re-image again.

Thank you for being so very kind to test.

When testing first uninstall with the uninstaller and see if the Firewall driver gets uninstalled or not and whether you still have your network adapater visible. When there is an anomaly boot to safe mode and use the cleanup tool as linked in Chrion’s article and then let us know what happens.

Keep us posted. I always check unread posts so I will see once you’ve posted.

After I uninstalled Comodo due to multiple BSOD - I decided to wipe my system and registry clean of every trace of Comodo. There were multiple issues of Internet interruption and system shutdowns due to Comodo.

Once uninstalled, if the Internet freezes and the User has to re-boot their system and resulting reboot does not automatically re-connect the USER with the Internet do the following: (Windows Vista)

(1) Right Click on the Two Side-by-Side computer icon on the lower right of the bottom toolbar (Network Connection)
(2) Select “Connect to a Network”
(3) A new window will pop up and click on the bottom option " Open Network and Sharing Center"
(4) Another window will open up. Locate the blue “VIEW STATUS” on the right side of the window in line with “Local Area Connection”
(5) Left click on that option and another smaller window will appear called the Local Area Connection Status
(6) Click on the Properties button that should also have a multi-colored shield on it.
(7) A new window will appear - A list of networks, drivers, and protocols will populate the window.
8. Locate the one that has Comodo listed - click on it to highlight that one item - and left click UNINSTALL - OK

You should immediately restore the Internet connection - Close all other windows that popped up.

Hope this works. It did for me. ;D

I know it has been several months since I posted in, and I do appreciate all the help that was present. I promised to post back with the results of my attempts and so here I am.
I purchased a new 500gig SSD drive and installed Windows 7 on it (from the same OS disk I own). All went smoothly, W7 is up and running with no problems whatsoever. After the installation and configuration process, I went back to my original “problem” installation (which is still running with Comodo installed still on the original HDD) and used the Comodo removal utility. The same thing happened; it broke my internet connection and nothing can repair it. After I pull off a few remaining programs from the original install I will remove all registry entries for Comodo, and I strongly suspect that it will nuke my entire operating system. I do understand the phobia that most have about the registry, but understand I am MCP certified with 20 years in systems; the registry is not mystery to me and I know what I am doing.
Anyway, that is the bottom line, and I promised to return and post in after using the Comodo remover, and I have.
Thanks again to all who posted in to help!!