TrustConnect Feedback [old]

This log means that your request was sent to trustconnect server, but your login(or password) was not valid. May be you are using SASP login instead TrustConnect Service Login. You should visit Comodo Account Management | Login or Create a new Account and check your Service Login for TrustConnect. Or send to me your TrustConnect Service Login.

Thanks Ark! ROFL. Too many VPN/login/username/password combos in my head was the problem.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi!
New version of TC with Vista-64 support is available on site.
Please, feel free to send your feedback.

I am now in Spain and using Hotspotshield on a wifi connection successfully.

Trustconnect still fails to connect. It would be good to know why. My username and password are supplied correctly when asked for, but then connection fails every time I try.

Anything relevant in the TrustConnect logs?

Hi panic,

One of my problems has been that the logs have not been produced, but I have just reinstalled and now have the log.

As it looked to be a similar problem to yours, I looked at my log-in page and
found that my username is changed to no capital letters, so I tried the login again with that and success at last.

Thanks for your help.

Can anyone please help? When i’m prompted to enter user authentication i enter my user name which seems to have been added -0 when i look at the trustconnect site, but try as i may i can not log on!
I’m getting close to just uninstalling it which would be a shame because i’ve never given up on a Comodo product before. (B)

Have a look in the Trust Connect logs and see if you have anything like the following

Sat Dec 01 09:10:38 2007 us=156000 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

If so, there’s an error in the username, password or both.

I should still like to know why ShieldsUp does not show any difference when TrustConnect is connected, it shows the Spanish user name for reverse DNS for the wifi connection I am on and fails ping requests and shows most ports closed rather than stealth. This is the same as when no vpn is connected.

With HotspotShield there is no reverse DNS and all ports are stealth except HTTPS which is open.

CPF3 does show VPN use with both and I remove all GRC cookies between tests by closing Firefox which removes them.

Hi!
My name is Oleg Tsygany. I’m from COMODO team.

First, try to check your IP-address with any checker (http://www.ip-adress.com, http://www.ip2location.com etc). Test if here is difference with connected and disconnected TrustConnect app. If these address is different - it’s OK. The main idea of TrustConnect is creating secure VPN tunnel to secured COMODO server, so all hacker attacks need to break COMODO protection first.
Difference between closed and stealth ports explained on page GRC | Shields UP! -- Internet Connection Security Analysis   . COMODO server can’t stealth all his ports in lot of reasons. Instead use personnal firewall, like Zone Alarm.

Best regards, Oleg.

Hi Oleg and thanks for replying.

My TrustConnect tray icon shows that I am connected and gives an assigned IP address 10.200.1.14.

The 2 web sites you give both show the same IP as without the connection, together with my location in Spain.

Some feedback -

Love it! Just so happened the day I got my login info there were server problems, which caused a little confusion. But that’s cleared up and everything is smooth. The transfer speeds are good. DNS lookups may be a little slow however as there’s a little delay when clicking links / changing sites.

I use OpenVPN myself to connect to my home network. A few changes I might suggest for your configuration -

1. Change the cipher to AES-256, it’s the strongest I think. I don’t know what kind of performance hit that will have over the default Blowfish, but I would say it’s worth it.

cipher AES-256-CBC

1. Use and compile OpenVPN against the newest OpenSSL release, 0.9.8g. The current client you’re distributing is using 0.9.71.

There’s a few other things you can do to harden security (see the OpenVPN documentation), but those 2 are probably the easiest and most important.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks to Oleg Tsygany my connection problem is now resolved.

In case anyone else makes the same mistake, here is the solution.

He suggested that I was not running TrustConnect with admin rights. I have a French version of Vista which makes understanding everything difficult for me.

My mistake was to install with admin rights and assume the program would run as admin automatically.

Now I right click the icon and choose ‘exécuter en tant qu’administrator’ everything works correctly and logs are being produced.

(V)

Hi James!

Glad to help you.
By the way, here is new version of TrustConnect, available on site after December 21.
In this version checkbox “Run As Admin” sets automatically.
It is possible to run (but not install) TrustConnect from low-right user, however you need to check checkbox in compatibility tab, or run program with “Run As Admin” option.

Best regards, Oleg.

No Problems…but one…

Why Does Trust connect Create another Network Connection…and once i try to connect my computer screen goes black for about 2 mins it goes back on…?

Hi, CGPMaster!
Looks like you have a hardware problem. Try to check installed devices in device manager. Any conflicts here? What about IRQ collision?

Best regards, Oleg.

G’day,

The “ghost” network adaptor that appears is common to most VPN style connections. Not just TrustConnect, most of them.

Once I overcame some connection issues (detailed in another thread), TrustConnect has been flawless. Very nice !

As you move forward with this project, here is a recommendation: - Ability to configure encryption (and verify encryption) from within the GUI.

Thanks!

Nice job on trust connect. Tried it successfully on a couple of wireless cards, open and WPA-2 links, and even my wired ethernet connection. Minor issue found is that there appears to be some contention with the widely used ConfigFree program that controls NICs on Toshibas and others. I can no longer enable and disable my wired LAN NIC with it, have to go to Device Manager. Interestingly enough, can still control TAP and my builtin wireless NIC with ConfigFree, and when I try to enable or disable the wired LAN it does the TAP instead. Just something to remember. :slight_smile: Another handy security tool when using public wifi. Thanks Comodo.

Hi Folks,

Having problems connecting it seems. First, I’m not sure if I’m even doing this right. I right click the desktop icon & choose “run as administrator.” This puts the little symbol in the task bar which I right click to connect. A popup appears where I enter my login & pw [I did double check to be sure it’s correct]. I then get another popup that it failed to connect. Below is a copy of the last few lines of the log.

Wed Jan 30 18:43:57 2008 us=7000 CreateFile failed on TAP device: \.\Global{3D62247E-2C89-415A-B97F-F7C9897416E5}.tap
Wed Jan 30 18:43:57 2008 us=7000 All TAP-Win32 adapters on this system are currently in use.
Wed Jan 30 18:43:57 2008 us=7000 Exiting
Wed Jan 30 18:43:57 2008 us=7000 Closing Win32 semaphore ‘openvpn_netcmd’

So “all TAP adapters are in use” I have no idea how or where to go from here. I trying to use this on my new laptop w/Vista Home Premium, CFP3, BOClean, CMF [no AV at the moment, waiting for CAV3 :slight_smile: ] . I have a wireless router here at home. Do I connect through the router on the network which I have already or do I try to connect to an unsecured network which may be available? I’m a total newbie to this wireless thing and I want to get my laptop secure before I attempt to connect at a public site.

Lance