The Everything Is Off-Topic Thread

Yeah, I miss being “corrected” by J2897… :cry:

Then I’ll use my mod powers to know who you are, or I’ll just pm you ;D

Xan

I don’t think you should. The forums provided by Comodo are not the plaything of those who want to “test” various aspects of the forums themselves.

If you want to “test” the forums, please visit http://www.simplemachines.org/, or set up your own forum.

There is a malware test board for those who want to test malware.

If you want to discuss, discuss here. If you want to “test”, test elsewhere.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Just noticed it seems like “J2897” & all of his posts are gone. Why? ??? ???

Ewen is being a cranky pants, After all he is trying to help out:P
How about he just limits his testing into 1 post, and keeps modifying it?

Edit: my post count says leet! lol

It looks like J2897 deleted all his posts, then discovered that he couldn’t delete the topics he’d created, wiped the contents of the topic, leaving a note & then finally deleted his account. Probably on, or around, the 17th of October 2008 at around 11:00ish GMT. Happy?

edit: The rumor mill says he annoyed a Mod & disappeared under mysterious circumstances. ;D

I agree with Ewencranky pants. What Jeremy is not doing is not helping & could be potentially disastrous. Obviously there’s a fairly healthy dose of guessing going on… trying to inject an iframe into the context of this page is… well… silly. And the guessing aspect alone worries me. Forums are databases and they can be damaged (brought down).

I also feel that the risk assessment of these “helpful tests” as been skimped on… a bit. After all, if one of Jeremy’s tests succeeded… he would have (by definition) hacked the forums & he’ll get banned (oops). In addition, I believe he has failed to obtain permission from an Admin to perform these types of helpful tests… after all, they have to clean up any mess he makes (a potentially fatal oops).

edit

It looks like J2897 deleted all his posts, then discovered that he couldn't delete the topics he'd created, wiped the contents of the topic, leaving a note & then finally deleted his account. Probably on, or around, the 17th of October 2008 at around 11:00ish GMT. Happy?
:o
The rumor mill says he annoyed a Mod & disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
Oh, I knew it would be something like that. Wasn't me !!! ^_^ >:-D 88)

Xan

OK, call me cranky pants.

As I said in a PM, don’t blame the fire - blame the fuel. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

I wonder why J2897 did this.

More gossip: along with all his deleted posts there are many posts from another user who often posts in this thread. (:LOV) (:WIN)

OK.

Latest update : A mod would’ve been banned :o

Xan

hi there cranky pants (:WAV) ;D

who’s the fuel? 88)

Hmmm… J2897 was cool. :frowning:

Welcome back Ganda!

Oh ok guys, Sorry i thought it was just attaching an .GIF into the post for moderators to use as a signature if they wanted.

Yeah… I like people like J2 on here… Unbiased and intelligent.

Welcome back gandalic.Pst! Post the photos then.

good to hear from You again.

Yeah, I miss being “corrected” by J2897… :cry:

Ganda stay away for a bit longer I haven’t finished telling everyone your little secret, And you know DAMM WELL WHAT IT IS! And I am certainly upset about it, I won’t be surprised Comodo takes legal action against you.

Ok…ok… i’m joking. ;D ;D ;D Welcome Back amigo! (:WAV)

Josh