The Everything Is Off-Topic Thread

Ganda stay away for a bit longer I haven’t finished telling everyone your little secret, And you know DAMM WELL WHAT IT IS! And I am certainly upset about it, I won’t be surprised Comodo takes legal action against you.

Ok…ok… i’m joking. ;D ;D ;D Welcome Back amigo! (:WAV)

Josh

And another reason why I thought posting HTML was ok: the Forum Policy didn’t say not to. (:TNG)

Welcome back friend

http://www.schoolplaten.com/phpThumb/cache/9/9e/9e8/9e8e/phpThumb_cache_schoolplaten.com_src9e8e3f7c254c9923f422c55d5d2ebf13_par09ff33df758b5f7c5623216939181bf7_dat1207658170.jpeg

Xan

If you see specific cases of abuse, rudeness or other violations of this policy, feel free to bring it to the attention of a Comodo member, Admin or a Mod through a Private Message.

Hacking a forum is considered as an abuse IMHO ;D

I’ve been here since saturday 88)

group hug? :-La

[anchor=dunno]Jeremy I’ve read enough of these I didn’t know to invite you to confirm before acting if any new idea that crosses your mind has been already moderated.[/anchor]

If it is something so innovative that other members never attempted it please PM a moderator about it.

In case a one or two members did something similiar and were not banned please don’t assume they didn’t something questionable and please remember

Even if the policy encourage self-moderation and cooperation and it acknowledges that novice members may not be able to fully integrate in these forums at the beginning, it doesn’t explicitly states that regular members whose actions can be counterproductive for these forums despite their good intentions are to be regarded in the same way.

As no moderator is usually willing to ban a member despite his/her good intentions, when specific concerns arise, said members are usually informed about these concerns and explicitly encouraged to show their good intentions in a different way.

In some cases even if a topic/post caused Policy-wise concerns if the specific violation was not serious enough for a ban these member will be simply encouraged by PM to behave differently without ever moving their topic/posts.

Yep (:HUG)

Xan

Please consider that the policy was not meant to explicitly address all imaginable cases of abuses.

If was meant that way it would have been so long to require a considerable effort to be read and considering what happened in the last months it would have required explicit additions to address specific scenarios no member triggered so far.

Even if the policy implicitly endorses Common sense what each individual know are only his/her assumptions.

Good intentions and assumptions are not enough to guarantee that specific actions are constructive and not counterproductive.

Oops, I didn’t know my tests could possibly kill the forum. As for the iframe, it was something that was supposed to link to my hosting site.

I have a big problem of posting first, then thinking (sometimes never thinking at all). I’ll have to work on that…

You have? ??? Ok, let’s do a group hug. 88)

Ok, this should be an ok test, because I’m testing BB Codes. Instead of making new posts, I’ll keep editing this post. Note: all my tests will be with BBCodes, which should ok with the mods.

Anchor test:

[jump=test]Click here to jump to demo![/jump]

[anchor=test]Anchor[/anchor]

Failed

And another reason why I thought posting HTML was ok: the Forum Policy didn’t say not to. (:TNG)

looooool

Xan

If you see specific cases of abuse, rudeness or other violations of this policy, feel free to bring it to the attention of a Comodo member, Admin or a Mod through a Private Message.

Hacking a forum is considered as an abuse IMHO ;D

[anchor=dunno]Jeremy I’ve read enough of these I didn’t know to invite you to confirm before acting if any new idea that crosses your mind has been already moderated.[/anchor]

If it is something so innovative that other members never attempted it please PM a moderator about it.

In case a one or two members did something similiar and were not banned please don’t assume they didn’t something questionable and please remember

Even if the policy encourage self-moderation and cooperation and it acknowledges that novice members may not be able to fully integrate in these forums at the beginning, it doesn’t explicitly states that regular members whose actions can be counterproductive for these forums despite their good intentions are to be regarded in the same way.

As no moderator is usually willing to ban a member despite his/her good intentions, when specific concerns arise, said members are usually informed about these concerns and explicitly encouraged to show their good intentions in a different way.

In some cases even if a topic/post caused Policy-wise concerns if the specific violation was not serious enough for a ban these member will be simply encouraged by PM to behave differently without ever moving their topic/posts.

Is there any particular reason you avoid to use the preview fuction and leave that test behind?

Perhaps you will find this helpful Jeremy. There’s no point trying BB codes that aren’t currently supported… obviously.

I wasn’t sure if the anchor would work in preview.

Oops…didn’t see that.

Tests have been finished.

You were not sure and you didn’t see… ???

Anyway anchors works fine even if you didn’t know and left that test behind.