Screenshot-posting for beginners

Here is another one screen capture utility freeware. Donations are accepted. I’m not sure if it is loaded with any spyware. I haven’t tried it yet but will do so later today.

(:KWL)

Very, very, very good FREE screen capture utility is at AndySnap - a free screen capture utility

Handles multi monitors and can remember capture co-ordinates.

Highly recommended

Ewen :slight_smile:

Why don’t you tell us how you really feel about andysnap, Ewen? ;D

No. You’ve got to guess. :wink:

I have just installed and I like what I have seen at their website. I’ll try it out later tonight.

Thanks.

Thanks for the link. I can now ignore the rest of them, at least for now, till I find a better one than this FastStone.

If you don’t mind paying for software you could get
SnagIt : Screen Capture Software | Snagit | TechSmith
there’s a 30-day free trial here : Download Free Trial | Snagit | TechSmith

I like the faststone screencap program too.

Here’s a couple others that are free, one is “Donationware” (see their site). You should check them out :slight_smile:

Screenshot Captor (donationware)

Gadwin Printscreen (freeware)

cheers

nice find, I will ad the links to the OP …

If you don’t need to capture Videos, in game scenes or alike, Fast Stone SC is really the best around, I guess no one should look any further at the moment. Version 5.3 is really great, I’ve been using this little gem since it’s beginnings, and the last free version should be usable on Vista too (I don’t use Vista)

I’ve always been a fan of “Last freeware” versions, as long as they’re not security related…

Hi

My favourite is WinSnap. Very versatile and easy to use. Several formats including TIF which can be annotated by Windows Fax Viewer if you wish.
I downloaded WinSnap_1.1.10-portable.zip from
http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap/download-free-version.html
This is only 144 KBytes.

n.b. My first P.C. had a 20 Mega Byte hard drive. It is not logical, but I get very emotional when I consider installing anything that takes more than 1 MByte !!!

Alan.B

Don’t worry friend, my first Sinclair had no HD at all… :slight_smile:
But it did work the way it was supposed to work.

In 1979.

btw. my first amiga had a 30 mb harddrive…, in 1985.

cheers friend.

While there are several handy screen print apps available they are more useful when making numerous screen shots rather than the one or two needed to report a problem. They also require a user having problems with a firewall to possibly disable the fire to be able to download the new app.

A simpler approach is this two TWO step approach using basic Windows tools.

A “screenshot” is a TWO step process. The 1st step captures the image. The 2nd step makes the image a file.

Step 1 - capture
When the image is on the screen press ther Print Screen button.

Step 2 - make a file
Start>Programs>Accessories press the Paint option. When Paint opens click on Edit>Paste.
Edit the picture so most extraneous stuff is removed. File>Save the picture to a JPG file.

To “post a screenshot” is a TWO step process.

Step 1 - upload the file to an image hosting website
Upload the saved image to http://imageshack.us/.

Step 2 - the end
Post the resulting URL here.

BTW The Apple IIe didn’t have a hd either.

BTW The Apple IIe didn't have a hd either.
Ah, the memories... ;) Neither did the Apple II, the Commodore 64, or it's less-skilled sibling (which I had) the Vic-20. Of course, I did buy a tape drive... (:NRD)

LM

I saw a Commodore PET just a couple of years ago. Monitor, keyboard, printer etc. It was in a garage used for storage and in good shape and I was told in working order also.

I have to agree with Alan, winsnap is a great screen capture utility. It has a lot of options,
full screen,region, with or w/o cursor. To capture a region it has a device that works just like a cropping tool, so you can capture a picture, or just a word. So I give it two thumbs up, along with Alan for mentioning it. :BNC

There is only one screenshot mechanism thats any good and genuinly free and includes an integrated hostiung element and is O/S; works for MAC and Windows
The Jing Project

Ok Guys. Call Me Brain Dead, but…

I’ve read with interest (several times) this thread. The ability to post an image would have served me very well in previous posts asking for aid.

I understand how to take a screenshot and edit with paint. I understand how to save in a prefered file format.

But how (exactly) the heck do I upload it directly to Comodo servers? All the above instruction simply say “upload” as if there were an “Upload” button on the keyboard.

Thanks for the education and response

click on : “Additional options” then “Attach”
(see screen-shot below :slight_smile: )

This is a self-promoting spam-post .

So, what does it cost?

It’s free for now!

Yeah, didn’t think you’d let us slide with that last answer… so … here’s the deal; Jing isn’t a product right now—it’s a project. What we’re trying to do is give this to the world and figure out whether it fills a need or provides a useful service. We’re asking for both your participation and feedback on this concept, so the least we can do is provide the Jing Project complimentary during this period. As we learn what you want from this, we’ll have a better idea what the pricing and business model might look like in the future.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well, now that I know how to do it, ridiculously easy, isn’t it?

Thanks Gordon