Scot Finney: Online Armor best Firewall Of 2008

Melih has also agreed to pay for a retest since they did the update to 329, due to the circumstances surrounding this issue.
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/matousec_firewall_test_results_2008-t20986.0.html;msg146625#msg146625

Hi Guys

As you know we did a release today that we believe will address the leak test issues reported in Matousec.

I would like to re-iterate and be frank that this is the FIRST time we have done something in our firewall development that we donā€™t believe will provide material security benefit to end users today. If passing those two tests were important we would have done it ages ago! The issue was NOT about getting 100% on some tests, it was about ā€œSecuring our end usersā€!

However, the funfair that ensued the method in which Matousec has handled things, left us no choice but to ā€œshowā€ what we are capable of ā€œas we have been last few yearsā€.

We asked Matousec to re-test and, as per their rule, will pay accordingly. But rest assured this is the ā€œLASTā€ time we will pay unless Matousec changes the way he publishes results willy nilly which causes his credibility to be questioned. We expect a more credible, scheduled testing to be done, which we believe will create a better atmosphere and will benefit end users without creating a bidding war for ā€œ$ for top spotā€ and without distrupting development processes which at the end of the day will affect end users!

Now I feel ā€œdirtyā€ and somewhat ā€œcheapā€ that I have resulted to this, but I feel it had to be done to set the record straight as this matousec funfair caused much confusion to our users!

On a positive note I have been exchanging emails with David (the chap behind Matousec) and happy to report that he understands my issues, meant no harm and I am sure he will learn from this experience and improve his service.

I do believe David is honest and credible and will do the right thing and improve his services.

thanks

Melih

That is Melihs choice, not mine. I hoped he wouldnā€™t do that. At least Matousec is off my list as an independed and trusted tester.

Greetz, Red.

The only saving grace to your post is the fact you said ā€œI thinkā€. If you want to acuse someone, please do it on a forum not associated with any party involved, in any way, with your accusation.

Ewen :slight_smile:

[b]Please note : It is the collective opinion of the moderators and adminstrators of this forum that this post by user ā€œhorrifiedā€, while technically within the terms of usage of this forum, does not conform to the spirit of this forum and is not helpful, which is the aim of this forum.

If this post, or any other post by the same user, raises any questions or doubt, quote them in this topic and weā€™ll try our best to give you appropriate information, without personal bias or private agenda.[/b]

Hi Panic,

As I said, you are doing a great job here and this is but another example. However, Melih slandered Scot Finnie in the same way (and several times at that) a little while ago and you (and the other global mods) didnā€™t say a thing.

H.
[b]Please note : It is the collective opinion of the moderators and adminstrators of this forum that this post by user ā€œhorrifiedā€, while technically within the terms of usage of this forum, does not conform to the spirit of this forum and is not helpful, which is the aim of this forum.

If this post, or any other post by the same user, raises any questions or doubt, quote them in this topic and weā€™ll try our best to give you appropriate information, without personal bias or private agenda.[/b]

(:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) Very good post Panic (:CLP) So true (:TNG)

Well then drop the whip. :wink:

Thanks to my fighting now end users are armed with better information as Scot has corrected his articles in many places!

Horrifed, maybe for once, you can be of use and go count in how many places Scot has corrected his article and list them all here so that we know the end benefit!

But then again, i donā€™t think you will do that, cos you dontā€™ care about anyone else but yourself and your own ego, right MPS (My Personal Stalker) :slight_smile:

So i donā€™t think anyone should respond to you anymore unless you can do what i asked you to do: count how many corrections and list them all here as you simply have no purpose!

Melih

thatā€™s not true, and anyway nobody knows it
and comodo pays testmypcsecurity, and we all know it :THNK

Leolas

We are grateful that you are part of our forums and genuienly willing to contribute something towards end users (no matter what products they use). However I would urge you to be more restrained in your wording, especially you are part of the very testing group that makes up testmypcsecurity site and YOU HAVENT BEEN PAID by comodo! Testmypcsecurity is a site run by volunteers who test the software themselves and these people do not get paid by Comodo and (I hope by no other vendor either :slight_smile: ). Comodo pays for the domain name and for hosting, thats it.

Misinformation is a bad thing and wonā€™t help anyone, responding to misinformation by even more misinformation is not going to help either. Hence I would kindly urge restrain to all involved parties.

thank you

Melih

Too Melih.

:BNC (CLY) (:CLP)

Hi Melih,

I completely agree with you
But saying that OA paid Scot is misinformation too, I thinkā€¦

Anyway, I donā€™t know why Iā€™m wasting time in these threadsā€¦ This (it isnā€™t a real discussion, after all) wonā€™t change our lifeā€¦ It makes it worse, maybeā€¦ :wink:

Live, and let live, as we say in italy :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

If you read my post: I did make the statement saying responding to misinformation by misinformation.

yes, lets move on with more constructive discussion like why Scot hasnā€™t done a review of CPF with Firewall+Leak protection mode? Afterall that was the mode that led him to create a blog that caused that response from us.

Leolas: Do you know why?

Melih

Scot, donā€™t you think you should re-test? Your advice to your users was based on a version that had a MAJOR bug that could have affected both usability and security of the product! Donā€™t you think your users deserve that?

Melih

Comodo doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Windows doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Linux doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Apple doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Zone Alarm doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
ProSecurity doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Norton doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Kaspersky doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono
Browsers donā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono

1. :wink: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy now that I do read your posts Fanboy ;D

Greetz, Red.

Online Armor doesnā€™t have bugsā€¦ nono. definetly no. ;D

They all have bugsā€¦

however the question is which one has bugs that render their security pretty much useless! and that as a security product is a big NO NO :slight_smile:

Melih

The bugs which harm your computer are the other serious problem, especially for a non tech 70 year old which I am.

I came to Comodo after being a Zone Alarm user. That one gave BSODs whenever it updated itself, on two different computers. I had a lot of trouble finding a restore point which worked, so was in big trouble.

OK so I found CPF 2 after trying others which also caused problems.

I really loved that firewall, so when the betas of CPF3 appeared I had faith in Comodo and have used all of them from the first. (I chickened out of the alpha)

At no time have any of the betas caused a problem I couldnā€™t sort out for myself, as a forum member, so for me I would not consider anything else.

They said that OA have bugs, and I recalled them that all programs have bugs ;D

reading is hard, i knowā€¦

I think the issue is not whether they have bugs or not but the implications of these bugs. If as a security product a bug stops your security than this is a very serious issue.

thanks
Melih