Release Date of next version of CIS V6? Speculations and lamentations

That would be nice.

However, I’d rather they take some more time (assuming they need it to fix vulnerabilities) rather than push out another rushed release.

Yup, I hope the next release will be even stronger and with some performance improvements. So Comodo please take your time. I want to switch back to CIS with all my hart. So I hope the next release will be just the way CIS always was, strong and light :slight_smile:

This speaks volumes, never being able to meet one’s own deadlines.

I’m planning to upgrade V5 to V6 too, if comodo provide an V5 Like interface, alongside New Interface(for new users Use) and user can Choose the interface. Basic(New) or Advanced.

Who says it’s a deadline.?You are making it sound more urgent than it is. I am wondering why… :THNK

It is ready when it is ready…

They have never been able to deliver a new version on the date which they themselves set, and you don’t see a problem with that?
Would you want to keep someone like that as a close trusted friend?

Do you not understand estimates?

An estimate of when a release will be ready is a very different thing than a deadline…

Argumentative; dates given by Comodo were never written in stone.

Would you want to keep someone like that as a close trusted friend?
Leading question, which is likely indicative of your intent. Consider this a warning.

I really do not see a problem at all - I find Comodo 6 super fast, excellent protection (took me a while to work it all out!) I’d imagine all Comodo staff are working hard to fix bugs, especially when it must be very hard to fix each individual one

A warning of what?

Do you work with expectations?

If I told my boss, “Yes Sir, such and such will be done by this estimated time.” and I miss that time, it will be remembered. IF I repeatedly miss my “estimated” times that would make me a fool with a big mouth who can’t project when a project might reasonably be done.

Not saying anyone here is a fool, just saying common sense. People are remembered by what they say. Note “The Boy who Cried Wolf”

And I would certainly not want such a “estimating” person as a friend. It’s kinda obvious don’t you think?
And I would most certainly question why a moderator would issue a warning in such a case.

The warning encompasses behaviour in the context of a member’s history. That’s all I am saying about it other than referring you to How to appeal against Moderators decisions.

“Shooting the messenger” is a metaphoric phrase used to describe the act of lashing out at the (blameless) bearer of bad news.

Attacking the messenger" is a subdivision of the ad hominem logical fallacy."

Fallacious Argument.

You have been warned.

Please consider what you posted since you have come back.

Posts written for the sole purpose of antagonizing others or starting an argument are not allow as you know.

Opinions are welcome, but they must not be used for the sole purpose of flaming and rudeness against Comodo.

If your only purpose is any of the above please do not post.

I will not warn you again as you have already received your Final warning.

I just ask you to again to consider what you are posting, I have no wish to ban you but if intend to carry on with this attitude sorry you will be banned.

Dennis

@Axl.
I made it quite clear earlier this thread, any members creating issues over delivery dates will be dealt with, personally.
Consider yourself post banned, minimum 2 weeks, we shall see after if you retain an account here.

I do not know why people cannot be civil, with good intent/knowledge, the forum moderator’s do this for free, and some people treat them like dirt. I think the most you could do is apologize. :P0l

My apologies to the Mods if I was disruptive, wasn’t my intent.
I have a sometimes bad habit of opening my yap when seeing a perceived injustice.

Hugs EricJH.

And apologies to forum members too. <3

Back OT:
Hope the next version is worth the wait. :slight_smile:
Looking forward to the updated main GUI window and the widget being sticky.

Just wanted to add, Egemen and staff you guys rock and thank you for your hard work.

Thank you for the moment of self insight.

Back OT: Hope the next version is worth the wait. :) Looking forward to the updated main GUI window and the widget being sticky.

Just wanted to add, Egemen and staff you guys rock and thank you for your hard work.

They are synching the release of CIS v6 with a new build of CESM at April 18th.

Good news :smiley:

are you sure we will get the next update in this month (April 18 most probably) or it is just a guess. because comodo does not release their product within time. so i have little doubt about it. :slight_smile:

It will be around that date, whether it is that actual date is another thing :slight_smile:

As always last minute problems can and do happen.

Like I have said before it is their intention to release on that date, and they will as they have always done try their very best to do so :slight_smile:

Dennis