Questions regarding development of CIS

That’s why I use it on my PCs :slight_smile:

Speech is silver, silence is golden - but not in business if you value your customers.

simple as that, right?

hi dude. can you provide the link for this enterprise forum? i would like to ask a few questions there…

Xcitium platform launch in August 2022. Is XIS Premium part of it?

Today comodo protected my tablet that was attacked by a program. The first time as long as own this tablet.

This “concern” is justified:

The following thoughts are also mine:

https://forum.itarian.com/
Melih is online there right now.

What a poor name choice. I am definitely not ‘Xcited’ for it. Why not invest money and resources to make the COMODO brand more well known and clear its reputation from past issues/mistakes? Also with a nice CIS release for home customers as a means of publicity. Could you imagine companies such as Kaspersky, Bitdefender changing their names? And to something as lame as ‘Xcitium’ which seems like the result of someone randoming slamming their head into a keyboard. No offense intended. Definitely a bad decision from business and marketing standpoint.

Using CIS or not is my prerogative as a user, but it looks very bad for Comodo to abandon its customers in the mud and ignore them for all this time. More than a year without a CIS Premium release, no Official Support for Win11, looks terrible for Comodo. Instead of conforming with the current situation I think long time mods/users like you should try to reach out to Melih and/or other Comodo Staff and see if a better dialog window with users on this Forum could be opened. Communication is leaving to desire for a long time.

Yes I know, everything is magical and shine. There are no issues or problems to be complained.

Regarding poor name choice, found this on respected Itarian forum : https://forum.itarian.com/forum/products/endpoint-protection/82111-xcitium#post82181

We probably will get some news after the rebranding.

I’ve read worse (rebranding) names though. I don’t care much as long as they provide decent solutions.

I cannot update anymore, get this error:

Error: 0x80072ee7 - Der Servername oder die Serveradresse konnte nicht verarbeitet werden.

I am also not impressed with the branding, but the product is certainly more important than the label attached to it. I am also not really expecting to hear anything new regarding product development before August, which is not far away.

I recall reading about the rebranding and a consulting firm was mentioned. Somebody & Somebody Consulting, can’t recall the name. I’m wondering if it was that firm that Comodo is using to help with the rebranding. As Comodo IMO was and is a niche product, I get the sense that they want to take Comodo aka Xcitium to a wider audience. I wonder what that will mean and what that will look like. I genuinely hope that they don’t water down the product for the masses. To me, it’s the Comodo difference that makes a difference. Reliable protection from 0-day threats; and not by relying on elusive detection technology to do it.

Many competing products seem to cater to the set-it-and-forget-it crowd. That IMO is how to get big in this business, because most people don’t want to be bothered with the details; they want easy. But Comodo and most of the people on this forum are not really part of that demographic. So maintaining their core philosophy while significantly growing market share will be a challenge going forward. I hope they can accomplish both.

I just got a similar message.

Working again !

No, you don’t know:

Ok, magical and shine is the protecteion for decades on my devices. And not magical and shine is that hackers don’t sleep and may find ways to bypass prtotection if there is no update for a long time. But by now comodo do what it has to do: to be magical and shine, means to protect with “magical” power. There are no simple knops to be pressed and everyting is okay. But we have three magic ways to choose and modify the appropriate protection.
I, for one, sometimes view suggestions for improving the product somewhat skeptically and think what gateway this could open after the protection so far has not given threats a chance, either on my PC or now on the tablet. So where is the magic or the beautiful seem? CIS protects plain and simple and I hope gateways remain closed - without magic and sorcery.

Yes. Simple as that two choices use CIS or find something else.

Please note any further whining or asking for release dates over and over again will result in this topic being locked.

Soon is only a expression of what he/she would like to happen it may mean 3 months/ 6 months/ 1 year/ 3 years or never.

Thank you

Dennis

I just got a similar message.
Working again !
Hi prallo & CommodoUser2019,

Thank you for reporting, are you still getting this error ?
If so may i know the CIS version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Sorry but if soon in their expression means undefined than they should stop making false promises and close this forum, this serves no purpose.

Now it is working correctly.

Hi CommodoUser2019,

Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• stop throwing stones
  • stop moaning
    The result to come:
    This subject will be closed as specified by Dennis