Please use Comodo Search

is this search engine/s like start up.com and duckgogo?

Nope it is Ask.

I had forgotten it even existed. Just scroll up a bit and see the last reply, before two in 2014, was in 2010.

I want to thank you because you built Icedragon. It simply is fantastic. It is a unic browser because it has 3 features together.

1. It is portable
  2. It is really portable and doesn’t install anything in Operative system. Other “portable” software (such as VLC) install some files in O.S.
  3. It has and its autonomous DNS and doesn’t need other DNS.
    Theese 3 features together allow the user to solve certain problems that cannot be solved with any other browser.
    I hope you will follow the development of Icedragon.

I want to help Comodo. You ask to use Comodo search engine but it is really bad….
Please can you indicate other methods to help Comodo?
Don’t you already gain from advertising in search engine using Icedragon?

Please notice Ask no longer used by Comodo. This is an old topic. Comodo now has a contract with Yahoo.

Actually Comodo Secure Search protects you from infected websites uses Ask.

And CIS installer bundled with Yandex Elements. So, Comodo has contact with Yandex.
Because of a lot of Russian users, that’s the marketing :wink:
and CD main page also Yandex.

I stand corrected. I had no idea this page still existed…

Again, I stand corrected. For Russian users Comodo hooked up with Yandex.

Forgive me if you can, but…

In my opinion, it’d be high time for COMODO to promote and / or take use of, for an example:

Ixquick

as main search engine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/a/ac/Europrise_european_privacy_seal.jpg

Don’t get me wrong, please. I DO understand that COMODO needs to make money one way or the other. Yes, but…

Whilst “Security” is a fine thing (of course), if the price one’s got to pay for that includes “giving up one’s privacy” that’s obviously not the best “deal” in this world, not even if the specific product is being offered as a “free gift” or similar named thingie. I am aware that the search engines being offered by COMODO are optional, and I confess I opted out.

Since the very “privacy” of hundreds of millions of worldwide (internet) users can obviously become THAT easily TOTALLY compromised in the harshest sense of the word (as - not just, but I’ll use it as an actual example - the most recent “eBay hack” should have shown by now to even the most naive users out there) ANY security software company nowadays - especially if residing in the U S of A (yes, I seem to have to repeat myself, unfortunately, but it’s neither my fault nor guilt nor even theirs for the most of it, so…) - has to take every POSSIBLE step(s) to maintain not only it’s REPUTATION by certain commercial aspects, but rather BY ALL MEANS. That DOES (or, if it shouldn’t have reached even the darkest side of the moon by now, HAS TO) include ALL POSSIBLE aspects of securing PRIVACY as well, no doubt about it, and that is nothing that can be “discussed” methinks.

COMODO HAS to take those steps EARLIER than most of those other (commercial) companies to show the company’s GOOD WILL. It’s CERTAINLY NOT an easy way, and CERTAINLY NOT the cheapest, I’m totally aware of that.

Still, I see no alternative way of acting for COMODO, in the long run.
May COMODO (at least I think COMODO should), once again, be one of those forerunners, especially in this (not that new) race (against time) for WORLDWIDE CREDIBILITY.

Kind regards, REBOL.

But what does it mean “security”?
If a browser spies the password of my acount this is a real problem.
But if it discovers (in example) that I see musical sites and then I like music and this is anonymous (that is not connected with my name or with my phone number), and so in advertising banner I see musical announcements, where is the problem?
What else can it discover?