Online Armor bugged by Buffer Overflows and it's SLOW response time ...

LOL. Your only saying Matousec is flawed cause OA knocked CIS out of the top spot.

This reminds me of politics in my country. Trow mud–> trow mud back → trow mud back → trow mud back etc
Really : where are you taking this thread to ?

I’m saying Matousec is as flawed as ntinternals. They both do a good job, but they do things other don’t think it’s needed. When Matousec wants to test stuff that is useless, they’re free to do so. But Comodo will not add any code for it because they’re no need to.

Xan

oh yeah I would like to add this :

Comodo isn’t paying any money for getting CIS tested. They’re spending all the money on development.
Tell Amu pays Matousec to test it’s flagship OA tested, instead they should spend the money for bugfixing.

This reminds me of the apple adds. Consider Tell Amu as Microsoft, and Comodo as Apple.

Xan

Sure, let us start from this link:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug_report_cis-b132.0/

Section N1. Antivirus bugs:

===
I tried to scan my computer for viruses, opened the scanner and did a system scan, the scanner box window popped up but it wouldn’t scan, it just stayed at 0-0 no objects scanned, then it gave me the error attached in the message.
Tried to close scanner box and it gave me "Stop failed. Error code 0x800705aa. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

I’ve been using CFP for a while and recently installed CIS. Now trying to do a virus scan.

Whenever I click Run a Scan then Scan OR click Update Virus Database i get “Error Code 0x800705aa - insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.”

during scanning, it stop in random file . How the file is on temp folder i could delete it. But still the av is not working fine.

Every time I start a scan it will lock up my computer. I have to manually power off my machine. This used to only happen if I tried to select another program before the scan actually began, but after the dialog has started. Now the freezing happens all the time. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. I had no other security software and am running XP SP3. I finally said enough is enough and uninstalled CIS and reinstalled it without the AV and am now running Avira.

I m using CIS 3.9.xxxx.509 x32 bit
Windows xp sp3
no other security application other than CIS installed on pc.

When i click on manual scan, Antivirus starts scanning winlogon.exe file and keeps scanning it only.

I think this is enough. Do you still need me to go ahead ?

When Comodo 3.0 first came out with the scanning before installing I clearly remember tons of people with locked up pc’s and errors cause the on demand scanner was quarantining Windows files. Also so many people were getting locked out of there pc cause they would click “block” on explorer.exe. Which is still a problem till this day.

Here is a prime example.

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_help/pleezzze_help_think_i_locked_myself_out_of_my_computer-t40820.0.html

Allow me to give you guys an example from a previous thread:

Cheers,
Josh

===
Here, people think that installing Aivra & OA and protecting them, they are totally secured! This is wrong, Why? Because BOTH products have NOT been architecture to work together.

I feel I need to restore my post which was deleted for unknown reason.

Yes, they are not architectured to work together, but are architectured well enough to work together without the problems. And in many cases this combo is a much better solution than “all in one” pack architectured not that well. So theoretically you are right, but PRACTICALLY you are not.

In your own words, (in your post to Egemen)…You admitting it is good enough :wink:

Melih