Melih, we need a web filter for malicious scripts

why do you think this? comodo has always done great at prevention without a web filter

again

that doesnt answer my question. cis does prevent malicious scripts without web filter. A mail filter would be useless when emails are read they get downloaded to the computer then cis will scan them. an email filter wouldnt add any extra protection.

CIS does or not prevent malicious script without web filter too late. Web filter for objects would additional and important layer.

CIS doesn’t scan e-mail because it is in " *.eml " extension.

ooohhh God !

I would like to see Comodo develop the shellcode protection into something more like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and EMET, through I admit I have no idea on what kind of exploits Comodo’s shellcode protection does protect against and does not, I’m just expressing my idea and wish of that is what I would like to see from Comodo if it already does not cover these areas like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and EMET, I feel this could protect against malicious scripts and other things in web pages :slight_smile:

I stopped using email filtering once I started using Avira back in the days and that was before even before I started using CFP 3.0 alpha or CIS. It never has gotten me into troubles.

From the man himself:

If you feel CIS is not protecting you enough when you browse simply run the browser in the sandbox.

Comodo has buffer overflow protection integrated in CIS which protects against:

• Detection of Buffer Overflows which occur in the STACK memory
  • Detection of Buffer Overflows which occur in the HEAP memory
  • Detection of ret2libc attacks

Unfortunately the way the legacy AV products worked required them to have checks for every layer. We are NOT a traditional AV product. The legacy AV is dead in a sense that it can’t do the job anymore Antivirus pioneer Symantec declares AV “dead” and “doomed to failure” | Ars Technica .

So you have a lot of people who are “educated” to “expect and demand” a web filter, without understanding how things work or how Comodo works. First of all, we can’t blame them for not knowing technical details. We should patiently explain to them, they will see the logic and understand that things like email/web filter to catch “malicious” files is simply unnecessary with Comodo. Once they understand, they will be grateful for us educating them and providing them this superior protection for free.

[quote author=Melih link=topic=103789.msg758996#msg758996 date=1399735043]
Unfortunately the way the legacy AV products worked required them to have checks for every layer. We are NOT a traditional AV product. The legacy AV is dead in a sense that it can’t do the job anymore Antivirus pioneer Symantec declares AV “dead” and “doomed to failure” | Ars Technica .

So you have a lot of people who are “educated” to “expect and demand” a web filter, without understanding how things work or how Comodo works. First of all, we can’t blame them for not knowing technical details. We should patiently explain to them, they will see the logic and understand that things like email/web filter to catch “malicious” files is simply unnecessary with Comodo. Once they understand, they will be grateful for us educating them and providing them this superior protection for free.

But and the recently atacks in the legitimate hotmail page when the login was captured for cracker in simple execution of malicious java script ?

And Facebook when the profile is stolen in application online ?

These are examples of malicious objects executed.

Do you have links to articles?

in english no

Can you post them? Let’s see if we can read it with an online translator service.

I can’t post them.

I’ll have to search.

I agree with Henrique - rj, currently CIS cannot stop malicious javascripts that steal passwords from websites like facebook, hotmail, etc. That only a Web Filter that scan for javascripts can stop.

hooww thank you

And this is only an example the malicious scripts.

There are many other …

at Henrique - RJ: No problem. It is really a shame that we are forced to use the NoScript extension for Firefox or similar for protection against this kind of malicious javascripts, just because COMODO do not want to add a web filter that scan for javascripts in CIS.

In my opinion, COMODO should integrate their own Web Inspector/Site Inspector engine in the AV component of CIS to act like a webfilter that scan the webpages for malicious javascripts.

perfect

at Henrique - RJ: COMODO already has the “true web filter” code developed in the form of Web Inspector service, it is really strong at detecting malicious javascripts and objects in websites from what i tested. And if you report a website that is not detected by Web Inspector, the analysts add the detection very quickly. Imagine if we have this in CIS as a real-time web-filter…

They should just integrate Web Inspector code/engine into CIS Anti-Virus component as a real-time web-filter… For a company like COMODO is a very easy task to do this.

Very good !

Would Melih read this?

And this extends to filter emails (html, php, etc.)

Thanks !

at Henrique- RJ: Maybe someone should create a Wish in the Wishlist boards asking COMODO to integrate the code/engine of Web Inspector in CIS Anti-virus component as a real-time web-filter.

If only COMODO did this, CIS would be a beast at detecting malicious javascripts that steal passwords from website accounts, browser exploits, malicious facebook apps, fake browser extensions/plugins, etc.