Kaspersky v.8.0.0.454 Official

No real time as is needed if you have a good av. Comodo and KKAV 09 working great together.

PC Tools heavy on resources and Kaspersky not? That’s a surprise… I have seen nothing heavier and bloated than this ■■■■. I have it installed on my computer at work - when it starts scanning I can’t do anything. Besides it recognizes system files as viruses…

Excuse me but don step on a thread if you haven’t tried current versions. See me screen shot here. KAV 09 uses very low resources and doesn’t slow your pc down what so ever. When is the last time you tried KAV I might ask.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes, go to kaspersky.com, and compare KAV to KIS.

Version 2009 and I’m using it on ongoing basis on my company computer with XP SP3 (unfortunately I have no other option). One of the recent updates killed my Windows, I had to reinstall it. I repeat once more: when it starts scanning something I can’t do anything else during that time - the whole system freezes. The same happens on other computers.

Yeah, especially since reports are coming in that KAV 2009 is now the FP King… 88)

No FP’s for me. None with NOD32 either.

Hmmm, KAV gives some FP now, but I still believe that it became a lot stronger. I also think that they resolved most of them recently.

Xan

I had two FP’s with Kaspersky. eMule (not using this now) and WinRAR - (this one is more serious). Other than that - Kaspersky works fine :slight_smile:

!ot! Kaspersky’s startup scan can hold things up, when i had it installed, i had disabled the startup scan, but other than that its pretty light on resources, it may startup at 40k but settles down soon after, plus i find programs opening up relatively faster compared to some other antivirus programs… with the only exception being Avira…

The last time i used a security solution from PC Tools it ate up all my RAM, the whole of my paging file n still i coudnt get past the splash screen :o :o :o

either ways comodo pro 3 + caution + patience = an impregnable defense (V)

I expect some FPs. Keep in mind they completely re wrote the engine.

And they are pushing their heuristics, so FP’s are natural :slight_smile:

Yes. Im still curious to see av comparative’s take on 2009.

yep had KAV 8.0.0.357 installed on both xp and vista.

and KAV 8.0 got still got rootkit detection, just check the options in scan part.
what they deleted from the first release is the virtual keyboard… they’re mean. lol
u can keep it with build 357 if u do not update program modules. :slight_smile:

Ok call me crazy but I am back to my trusty NOD32. I tried and tried to love KAV. Its as good as NOD32 but with flaws. Maybe my pc just doesnt like KAV. I tired KAV throughout the years and always the same problem. Version 7.0 and now 8.0. Slow pc bopot up and slow web browsing. I defragged several times and defragged my boot files. No change. XP Knight load screen took 20 seconds longer then with NOD32 or Avira. Some web pages timed out or took 5- 8 seconds to load. KAV is a great av but for me the slow downs are too much and I gave it a 2 week trial. Here is the run down :

1. 20 seconds longer to boot up
  2. Overall pc performance seemed slower
  3. Web browsing slow
  4. Updates very slow ( this is in the forums. lots have complained. 9-20 Kb sec downloads are uncalled for)
  5. It crashed my WOW. In a scan it deleted a file. False Positive. Luckily I got it back.

Don’t know how about you, but Kaspersky icon in the task bar shows with the dektop and the boot-up time is the same as with no antivirus installed at all :slight_smile:
Web browsing is only a bit slower here.

I like Kaspersky much better than NOD. Much much much better :slight_smile:

I know Comm. I wasn’t talking about my desktop load icons. I am talking the XP load screen. The blue knight rider lights that go back and forth while XP is loading. KAV and NOD32 are neck and neck as far as detection rates. Myy load times after the welcome screen are fine. Check your updates and tell me how fast they go. Its starts off extremely slow then tops out at about 50 Kb/sec. NOD32 updates at about 400Kb/sec.

I also hate waiting. If a web pages takes more then 3 seconds to load I get angry. LOL. Call me a speed demon.

Yeah, the update servers are a bit slow, but at least it’s not LiveUpdate ;D Another thing, that you can set Kaspersky to update every 30 minutes and it will download definitions (10 to 50 or kb) almost everytime. With NOD a lot of times I got suspicious - are the updates working. Cos I press update - it downloads a 2 kb file, after 6 hours I press update again it downloads another 2-5 kb file. Is that an update. I go to their “Detected Virus” page and in day they have like 50-100 viruses detected, while Kaspersky - more than 200 :slight_smile:
I don’t know, NOD failed me in tests, failed me in real life, it doesn’t provide the feeling that you are safe for me.

My opinion only :a0

When is the last time you used NOD32? My updates are always in sync with what the site says. I actually never have to do a manual update cause I always have the latest. As in matter of fact I asked in the KAV forums why my updates are behind what the site says and they said its normal. I had it set tp auto update which is every 2 hours. But even when I checked it myself updates went in. With NOD32 the updates are checked every hour and they release them about 4 times a day or so. Atleast I can say I tried the latest and greatest version of KAV so I wasnt basing things on an older version. Have you tried NOD32 3.0.669.0? AV Comparatives didn’t vote NOD32 best av 2 years in a row for nothing.