Discussion about reduction in size of AV database

+1 :-TU please do something

+1. CAV seriously needs improvement in this field.

If I was Melih I would buy avast engine…but that’s just me…what do I know?

If I was Igor I would put valkyrie online ASAP…but that’s just me…what do I know ?

why do i want to detect less? :slight_smile:

If I was me I would be happy I had such good detection and prevention…but that’s just me…what do I know ?

I think people should invest in a faster internet connection. Anyone else think this? No? Just me? Maybe my dad? :slight_smile:

Not everyone lives in areas where this is possible.

…and does not have the money.
I agree.
By the way. Many people do not put the old version of the CIS (as far as I talked to people), as there was no possibility to put check time bases.

Edit: My opinion. Necessary to eliminate the graphic paging in GUI. ( A full scan. If a few days, do not connect the internet.)
Since he first has to check a database… Many this is annoying. Why icon changes color.

Just to give notification. (How many days? 5> 10)
Databases are outdated. Update or not. That’s all.

lets stay on topic guys

hai
i know that comodo will never listen to this matter but as a user i think it is necessary to improve their virus signature database file because of it is very much huge(149mb) to download for the first time.
i believe that comodo will never reduce their virus signature data base file because many users also complained about this thing before also but comodo did not listen to them regarding this issue. but who knows the future may be one day comodo will wake up and solve this problem. :embarassed:

No matter how hard you try to wake up Comodo while their half asleep unless you want to sneak up behind them and ■■■■ the fog horn the living hell out of them go ahead be my guess, and I’m sure they might reconsider fixing their database to generic signature to make the file smaller otherwise if they don’t reconsider doing it than I give up

http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/3D%20Smileys/3D%20Emotion%20Smileys/trash%20through%20window.gif

I really do not see why it is such a big issue for most users and yes I understand the download rate and speed is still an issue for a few unfortunate users. :-\

The overall performance with the AV component is still good with no issues.

+1 i will also not use their (comodo) antivirus part if their virus signature data base file size increases. (:AGY)

people with slow internet connection users face a big problem whenever they try to automatically update or manually download the virus signature data base size file for the first time. comodo should think about these users also.

You can always come an join the world best generic signature av database on the planet is on my sig below and you won’t have any issue at all :wink:

Please stay on topic, thank you. :slight_smile:

The problem is that complete database is not downloaded only after first installation but also if you have been away from your PC for a week or two.
It should download only incremental updates…

Edit: I’m talking about v5.12.

I have an old laptop that I rarely use, I turned it on last night and it said the last update was 25 days ago.
It only updated the increments to catch up, so maybe this issue is fixed in V6.X.

Was it running V6.2?

As mine on VM wanted full update.