CPF Wishlist Rev 3

gaming tab, at the Top, Next to Activity, which shows ip in the order they are connected to your server… WIth the Opton Not to show any other info. And a 1 Right Click Bann… There are Millons of Gamers. Thx of the possabltys

Great product guys (:CLP) again!

Not sure about this, let me explain hopefully clearly.

Using default browser firefox is there a way to also list instead of just the IP address to either deny or accept list the www. who is this? so we can block certain web sites.
I ask this because I know for example using my browser to just go to google they sometimes have a news feed in the UK that trys to send me something. I would like to be able to just go to google and not have my browser going to the UK news site.

Hope I was clear on this, maybe its already being implemented I searched but didn’t find anything relevant.

Thanks,

Dr Pete

Hi DrPete,

Is the following post any use to you: Block websites by URL

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the quick reply.
It would work but I was looking for the name of the remote host instead of the IP number.
This would be a 2 step process where I would have to do a dns lookup to see who it is trying to connect and then either block or allow.
I believe on most cases it would be a range instead of a single IP.

The main question is it possible to implement into CPF along with the IP the dns information?

Thanks again,

Dr Pete

Not sure if this has been asked before but i have some games/applications that are updated regularly. I know the risks but I would like to have an option to allow certain applications to “update” on their own without having to have popups each time it updates.

Also a more unified control over application approval. Lets say I’m using application X I start it and it spawns a bunch of processes. I want the option to allow me to approve this once and anything else this application does will be OK (eliminate the multiple popups per application.)

Great product just want to put in my two cents.

OK, this one falls into the “not that big of a deal” category, but it’s still something I would like to see incorporated into Comodo Personal Firewall.

What I’d like to see is a bit ■■■■, I admit…but it’s a preferrence that I’m fairly certain that others would like to see as well, but won’t voice their displeasure or concern over.

When Windows is loading…and icons first appear in the system tray…I’d like to see the Comodo Personal Firewall icon load practically as soon as the Windows desktop appears. While I realize that this is purely aesthetic, and that the firewall itself loads very early…I just think that most users would feel more comfortable and confident seeing their firewall icon loaded first - ESPECIALLY those connected via cable/DSL! I think most people would be surprised at the number of users who don’t think that a program is loaded UNTIL THE ICON APPEARS!!! I know, because I used to be one of them…and I’ve seen (and still see) several users post in various forums (Wilders, CastleCops, etc.) that think that a program hasn’t or isn’t loaded until the icon appears in the sys tray!

Some software programs (like WinPatrol, BOClean, etc.) have their icon load incredibly fast. I don’t know what they do to get this result, but if Comodo could do this and have the CPF icon load practically instantaneously with Windows desktop, I think you’d be amazed at the number of people who will rave about it. While it may seem a bit trivial, the results and responses will be favorable and positive, I can almost guarantee that.

I wish there was a box where you could select all when getting CPF to remember the action taken,instead of having to do it one by one when there are 14-20 rules pop up.

I think that future releases of CPF should have the network monitor rules divided in 2 categories.

1st Category = User defined rules : These rules should have the priority since they will be created by the users to satisfy their needs and should be stored in a different registry path. This will help CPF to remember the user defined rules during the updates without the need of saving them manually :wink:

2nd Category = Default defined rules : These should have lower priority and be defined by CPF during installation.

Also the window of “network monitor” should be devided too. User defined rules should be on upper part and Default defined rules should be at the lower part of the tab.

Hi,
I really want a firewall or a antivirus with good script blocking feature. I visited by chance the site of GeSWall firewall and there is a demo named gswdemo.vbs. Is not a virus but a script for demonstrating their product. And if I activated it ran without problem. I wonder if that implementation could be done.

Sorry if this have been mention before, but I would like to be able to access the logs from the icon in the tray

For example, rightclick on the firewall-icon, and then choose “Logs”

And some ‘lazy’ wishies:
-a export/import function for rules created (i believe that are other users whinch mention this or something like that)
-maybe name column for rules would be handy. I think is useful to give parituclar names for rule created let’s say ‘DC++ TCP rule’ etc etc. If you create 30 rules and want to modify one is difficult to quickly find it after existing columns

Something really handy :
combine rules for the same application.

Well, nothing much to improve, except that more Comments and Recognized Programs listings is really helpful to inexperienced basic users (like my sister). Plus, more no hassel compatibility (not requiring a new version) is nice. (Hope Comodo 2.3 is compatable with IE7 !!)

nice product and interface altogather. if you ask me then i’ll like comodo to install in one
folder. if i choose folder X then the launchpad and trustix installs on different folders.
also there should be a way to stop the news updates with links. its very common in free
programs but i’d really love it with an option to turn of news updates.

FYI:
News updates can be disabled with disabling automatic updates.

Egemen

It would be cool to add some kind of application specific bandwidth throttling. But, I guess most important is to continue to optimize the app to reduce CPU and Memory usage. Thanks for all the hard work!

I know a tray icon showing animation when data is flowing in and out has been mentioned before. Just adding my voice to that wish too (I’ve been used to looking at ZoneAlarm’s icon for years).

There is a bit of a workaround to this I thought might be worth a mention (if it hasn’t been before):

Go to ‘Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties’. Tick the box that says ‘Show icon in notification area when connected’. This adds an icon that flashes when there is traffic movement.

Thanks for the tip on the sytem icon. This helps a lot.

I would also like to have an animated Comodo icon. Otherwise I had no problems installing 2.3.4.45 and am very, very pleased with it.

it would be a nice feature in the network control rules to add the ability to also filter by MAC address in addition to IP, Mask, Name, etc. Great job with the progress in 2.x though.

I have posted an inquiry into settings for a hotspot. Perhaps Comodo can have a hotspot button which would automatically set up the safest settings (disallowing file sharing and stuff, disabling home network settings if it might leave one vulnerable) for hotspots and return it to previous settings when back at home.