COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16 Released!

Thank you for your trust in us Naren. We really appreciate it.

Melih

Anyone who used the “Portable” version.
Can you pls share your views with us. What do u think about it? Is it portable enough for you? what else would you like to see?

Thank you for your help and support

Melih

There are still files/something in the registry in the portable version and it crashed (wheras the RC never did). I’ll post details later.

I’ve tried the portable version and I like it very much. There are just some minor things I’m missing:

1. CRC creates “CRC32.INI” in C:\Windows. Maybe this file could be stored in the CRC folder instead.

2. CRC creates “crcnat.exe” in C:\Windows\system32. Maybe this file could be stored in the CRC folder instead.

3. CRC is currently extracted to a folder of my choice from a .exe file. I’d prefer a .zip archive instead, I think .exe files leaves entries when deleted, unlike .zip archives.

4. As CRC uses the Task Scheduler, it creates the folder C:\Windows\Tasks in case this folder is gone. Since I’ve disabled the Task Scheduler I’ve been able to delete that folder, so I’d prefer CRC not to recreate it.

Other than this it’s an excellent application! By the way, I’m proud to say that the CRC compacter takes my registry sub 6000 KB. :-TU

Thanks,

LA

Hi all,

I have installed Comodo Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16.

Andreas

(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)
(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)

Strange. This time I re-downloaded CRC and couldn’t reproduce the crash or the extra registry leftovers. That’s good news. I give it 2x :-TU :-TU ;D.

The bad news is just like what LA pointed out. Why do shouldn’t these files be included in the same directory as CRC ???:
C:\WINDOWS\CRC32.INI
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crcnat.exe

I noticed there is another executable that looks like it’s the 64 bit version going by its name. If it is, why bundle it together with the 32 bit version? Why not separate the installer like other Comodo programs?

+1, I forgot this, but it’s not a problem for me. I can delete the .exe I don’ use (64-bit in my case). Understandable for those who have a slow internet connection though.

LA

The portable version of CRC is larger because it contains: x64 and x32 versions of all modules. The portable version has to be able to run on any supported system.

I understand, my thought was just to make two separate archives - one for 32 bit, one for 64 bit. On the other hand, having just one version like you have currently, is simple to distribute and the user won’t have to look for the proper version (32 or 64).

LA

1. Will no longer present in the new version.

2. If crcnat.exe goes somewhere else compact function won’t work anymore. When restarting windows goes first into native environment. At that time we can process the hive file. But in Native the only thing that is mounted (for sure) it’s SystemRoot. So we cannot run it from somewhere else as it might not be yet mounted.

3. the .exe does not leave any junk entries. Still the .zip file might be a good idea. Let’s see if we can provide it like this in the release scheduled for tomorrow.

4. Any folder that is created by Task Scheduler… is TS business. We cannot interfere with other applications, altering their behaviour. The Task folder is not created by CRC.

About 6000 KB - WOW! This is the smallest I ever heard. Great!

Yes, I have CIS installed and the help file loads fine.

:slight_smile:

Bump :D. Anyone here running CRC from a network share? Is it possible? I think this would be a usefull tool for work on our older computers.

:slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Andrei for your reply and your efforts with CRC. Obviously tomorrow’s version will be even better than today’s version. I’m very happy with that and I’m sure the same goes for many others. :-TU

I’m happy with a registry of 5996 KB, but in fact, Ragwing has an even smaller registry! We have achieved this by deleting many, many Windows components (our Windows XP folders are about 200-300 MB) and accordingly cleaned the registry from unused entries. Furthermore we’ve chosen applications which affect the registry little or nothing.

LA

(R)it is very useful thanks for sharing