COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Hi ,

Can you please identy at witch key the error occurs? Thanks

Hi again (:WAV) ,

Please Scan and Clean again and send us the log file created . This will be very helpful for us . Thanks

As I still have the original log which remained after system restore, I have sent you that by PM.

Windows Vista Ultimate x64
CVE, CBC, CIS, CMF
The opening screen reports the CPU and operating speed. But, the speed is the default for the CPU, not the actual speed. eg. Q6600 @2.4G, I am running @3.627G
No resolve available.

Since another thread in this forum links to my original post, I updated it to be more complete with the info you requested. It is all the info I have. Hope it is diagnostic.

i don’t know if this is a bug but when i go to the start up section and view the details about each start up app the version detail are different.

for example, the version for safesurf says 1.0.0.5 and i have 1.0.0.6 (never had 1.0.0.5 installed on this pc anyway).
and for avast it says the version is 4.8.1227 and i have version 4.8.1229.

edit: and there is no version listed for cfp3

I have experienced the same bug.
Vista Ultimate x64, Sp1, all updates installed.
CVE, BOC, CIS, CMF
I couldn’t re-install Flash Player. The website said I have the latest installed, but the test page said I don’t have it installed. Also, I have an application the requires Flash Player in order to load it’s own DL manager to access program library files. The DL manager won’t load, instead tells me I need to install Flash Player first.
I had to restore the system to get everything working again (I backed up the system just prior to testing CRC).
Registries are scary things to be playing with.
CRC needs some additional development before it is truly safe to use.

same problem here. vista prem 32 bit sp1. all updates.
cfp3, avast 4.8
i just used the backup function and everything was back to normal. idk which keys caused it though.

vista home prem 32 bit sp1 all updates
CRC flags

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\Gather\Windows\SystemIndex

if this is deleted event viewer logs that windows search service cannot be started and that its related to a registry key.

:THNK
Three registry keys that I had to add to the Ignore List to get PerfectDisk 2008 to start successfully on a Vista Business laptop set up with 2 users:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{074B3725-484C-4079-8AA1-3DB78103DF6A}\TypeLib
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{370E8519-2AFC-4E48-AA1A-43D8F4D0B8C9}\InprocServer32
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{D9A9A17F-76D9-43A1-A90E-D1C0BF6ECF75}\TypeLib
If I did not add these keys to the Ignore List, PerfectDisk 2008 would not start and a popup message would state something to the efffect that PerfectDisk 2008 was not set up for this user.

One registry key that I had to add to the Ignore List to get a HP psc1310 printer that was installed to work properly.
HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\CtxMgr\Strings
If I did not add this key to the Ignore List, a Windows Installer would repeatedly, but unsuccessfully, try to install an application named TrayApp.

32 Bit XP SP2
CFP 3.0.25.378
CRC 1.0.12.16 portable

Re: the GUI problem I have - I think it’s related to this issue of CRC.exe being altered/modified. The Diagnostics failed to repair it after 3-4 attempts. I did not touch CRC.exe at all; it was all done by CRC itself (as caught by CFP’s Defense+).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi ,
Please open the key at witch scan process stops, and make a print screen at the values found there . Thanks a lot .

XP SP2
Avast a/v
No firewall
CRC 1.0.12.16

I am a comp novice. Just downloaded the above s/w today and did reg cleaning and compacting. Now the whole sys goes into a loop. I earlier had Registry Mechanic s/w which i uninstalled before installing CRC. Please help

Comodo team, I’m confirming this bug. I have the very same system setup (except that I’m on SP3) and I get the message that “crc.exe” has been altered.

Now, neither me or Soya even have the file “crc.exe” on our systems. Is it possible that the diagnostics tool addresses a file from an earlier version of CRC? Because obviously the file “crc.exe” wasn’t extracted from the downloaded .exe archive.

By the way, I have no GUI problems. This seems to be DPI related only.

LA

I just noticed that crc.exe must be for the regular (non-portable) version because look at SilentMusic7’s screenshot: it shows crc.exe is “healthy” and he’s using CRC 1.0.12.16 as well.

So it must be a reporting bug for portable version.

I guess that explains the mystery. (:CLP)

So everything is fine except that the Diagnostics tool doesn’t understand that the portable version lacks “crc.exe”, and you have GUI problems.

LA

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5977/registry1rz0.png

CRC was correct to flag key Item1 because the P: drive no longer exists.
Maybe the error occurred because CRC does not like network share names, such as \usrtnac01\users03$.…

(:AGY)
I have been using CRC on two Vista Ultimate machines and one Vista Business machine. It works great on the two Vista Ultimate machines and works well on the Vista Business machines after adding several registry keys to the Ignore LIst so that one program and a printer are not affected by deleting these keys. But yesterday I installed CRC and ran it on a Sony laptop running Windows XP Home SP3. It found a large number of registry errors (600+) and deleted them. Then I ran the Compacter. It showed that there was a tremendous amount of wasted space. I clicked on the compact button and it did it’s thing. Then after I rebooted the computer, it took quite a while to process the registry hives. One indicator finally came up, but before any more hive processing could occur, the machine immediately went to a Blue Screen Of Death. Now it will no longer boot up and gives a message that states:
STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

The computer will not boot into SAFE MODE to allow a System Restore. It will not boot into the last known good configuration. It will not load the Sony System Recovery disks. It is basically dead in the water. I don’t know why the System Recovery disks will not boot up and at least allow the system to be restored to its original state from the manufacturer. Instead of starting, a cursor appears at the top left-hand side of the screen and nothing else happens. The CD drive is set to allow booting from it. I can’t provide any screen shots because that computer is shot. I am writing this from another computer. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. I have never run into a Registry File Failure error before. I have run Registry FirstAid to clean and compact the registry on this computer for 3 or 4 years and never had a problem, so I don’t know why CRC did what it did when processing the registry hives after reboot. Registry FirstAid will clean and compact the registry and requires a reboot after compacting, but doesn’t indicate that it is doing any processing of the registry hives.

I had a similar problem on my acer aspire. When I tried to boot up I kept pressing F8 for safe mode but no joy just endless loop. However on my pc pressing F2 on boot gets more advanced options maybe you have a similar option? Hope so to many reports about compact mode.

Several people reported problems with the Flash player after cleaning with CRC. I thought I would add some extra data points. I cleaned 650 entries on a PC with XP Pro 32-bit SP2 and several hundred on a PC with XP Pro 32-bit SP3. The Flash test page at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ works fine for me using Firefox and IE on both PCs after cleaning. But, I did not compact the registry on either PC, and I unchecked the In-depth Search category before cleaning. Maybe the keys that break the Flash player are in the In-depth Search category.

Also, I did not have any BSOD or Windows start problems. Maybe avoiding compacting and the In-depth Search category is the reason. It seems like the safe thing to do until Comodo finds the bugs with this version of CRC.