COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.1.12 BETA Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Hi darae,

The version of the Release can be found in  'MISCELLANEOUS'  at  'About' section  and the Backup file that you restored  can be found in the BACKUP directory from the installation path . 
Please give us more information about this bug . Thanks

HI everyone (:WAV)

I try CRC on my:

*VISTA 32
*765 MB RAM
*3.8 READY BOOST
*250GB HIGH SPEED WD SATA HDD
*2.13 CELERON-D

With:

*AVIRA
*CFP3 w/Safe Surf
*BoClean
*SAS

After running CRC my HP Solution Center, ENCARTA, CHIKKA is perfectly destroyed after rebooting! Oh! I found out that errors is made by IN-DEPTH SEACH. Hmmm… any way I do not include In-Depth Search on my scanning scheme that’s why everything goes perfectly fine now.

:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■

Well,I ran it,and tried to repair,but it just crashed on me
and I use Windows XP
It tells me something like “time offset” or something and it happens during the backup creation

Hi LEWIS HAMILTON (:WAV),

Have you tried to restore the backup registry file ? Does the system works correctly after the restore ?  If it does,  please post the backup registry file .  :BNC

Hi,

I tried CRC on a computer with XP professional sp2 installed. A problem occurs when I try to clean the registry. The program scans the registry and displays the list of problems correctly. When I start the clean process CRC starts to backup but an error appear next in till immediately.

“The instruction at “0x7c911430” referenced memory at “0x00220112”. The memory could not be “read”.
Click on OK to terminate the program”

Everything ells works fine in the program.

HE!!O dobbe44

WE SHARED THE SAME PROBLEMS. NOT ALL BACK UP IS RUNNING SOME OF MY PROGRAM FILE IS DONE! WELL I KNOW THE TRICKS ALREADY… I SIMPLY UN-TICK “IN-DEPTH SEARCH” FOR NOW, EVERYTHING IS FINE BUT TO BE HONEST, SPEED DURING START UP IS NOT IMPROVING…

(:WAV) (:WAV) (:WAV)

Anyone hasa solution to my problem?

Hi:

I just tested the beta on a test partition with a fresh install of XP HOME that has nothing else installed or uninstalled. It has no security software, no connection to the web and it is not even activated. It’s pure vanilla! After scanning, it found 179 problems. It probably should not flag any, as this is a brand new OS install. Although after deleting all entries, there did not seem to be any problems. It rebooted okay, but I did not do any other testing. So, that’s not a reliable test. With registry cleaners I’ve tried in the past that flagged similar problems; I’ve read that MS stated that there are keys and entries in the registry used for backwards compatibility and should not be deleted.

COMODO MARRY ME?? (funny icons you have on your bug entry form)

wwwbob

There was an obvious errors!

[attachment deleted by admin]

HE!!O wuliyen

You should Compact your Registry.

…or not, since that would increase the size, according to CRC. 88) Well obviously it’s a bug, but I wonder if it’s just the GUI. What will happen if wuliyen actually compacts the registry with CRC?

LA

Same bug as Beta 1:

I scanned the registry and cleaned all errors. (not the unsafe)

After this cleaning, Outlook 2003 did not send/receive emails anymore. The emails in outbox did not get send, emails on server were not downloaded.

Restoring of the registry back-up did NOT work / solve the problem.

Going to a system restore point before the installation solved it.

Security Software: CFP 3.0.25.378
Anti Virus: Avira Premium

Harry

Wierd.

I thought it was fixed ???

Josh

nope… (:SAD)

hello 3exists,

Be sure to include:
-Your Operating System : XP SP3
-Security Software Installed : Kaspersky 9
-How you produced the problem : you mean reproduced ? if so yes, otherwise no
-How you TRIED to resolve the problem : yes, it is not that easy
-Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any : comodo does its job, no problem
-Any other Additional Information : yes

a couple weeks ago i got infected and appeared later sudden system halts with no error.
i decided to update my Dell drivers, posted on their forum and got a few things back, i installed, same result
to make it short, i discovered that my intel wifi drivers were corrupted/disrupted by something.

it turns out that comodo sees an undesirable :

• kaskersky 9 which refuses your access to its key, nice for them
  • my intel drivers key that is not so well protected by intel

as on the firsrt run i got over 600 problems, i could not read everything and removed all. the wifi drivers key was removed, then crashes and again reinstall the drivers until i find out about comodo doing it by default.

i would suggest to include my drivers key in your product or every single user of Dell Latitude X300 wifi will discover trouble after your (otherwise) excellent program has erased their wifi drivers key.

of course i will post similar infomation on the Dell site.

in the course of using comodo over and over (with another registry key scanner) i found out which key is the problem, so comodo again does a good job. the trouble is that it keeps repeating that it can’t remove the key.
and the virus starts spreading soon enough in other application’s keys so far uToRrent, gnumeric, and Chrome :). so i connect with ff3.

other process scanners i have did not tell me which hidden process locks the key and i’m a bit stuck.

why can’t comodo remove the key ?

thank you for your attention

It does not like Syncback Free Version . When it is setup to sunc to USB drives and they are not connected at scan , CRC will remove the setup entries for the USB drive backups. Can we add Syncback to the permanent ignore list.

Thanks.

Maybe it will be a good idea to add all USB Related Registry Keys to the “ignore list” or “unsafe entries” (But not for the programs inside the USB just the actual USB Key(s) it self like Syncback.)

Josh

I proposed the same for network drives that are not connected during the scan.

Hi ,
Can you please post the entries related with the intel drivers ,or better post the backup registry file that is created after you have cleaned your registry .
Please give us more information about this entries . In which section can you find them ?
Thanks

Topic closed, there’s an RC available now.

LA