Comodo pllaying commercial games now.

Lets see. …

a chocolate-> (%) for eric.

To but repeat myself:

Which claim?

First, tell me why do Comodo need to push Geekbuddy and Dragon in users computers? They even make ugly screens like I agree to install Geekbuddy, or I agree to install Comodo and proceed. So that the users let it be in fear that the agreement is for the whole application he wants to install in the pc. and we let the installation.
When I find the link to deselect the options to install those two pushware, it still installs anyway. so here is there trick. this is spyware like activity. You really know about it. You are just showing it like you dont understand.

No, you need to either provide evidence of your claim (as stated above) or withdraw/amend it. Thanks.

No! Stop deflecting.

Before there are any other issues raised, please refer back 8 posts and explain

Definitely it is some kind of spyware activity.

You stated this in direct relation to CIS without providing any proof or corroboration.

Explain this.
Retract this.

These are your two options - not asking a deflecting question - just these two.

I already explained. after the "first tell me…

I cannot see this, please highlight for me. Thanks. But, I am seeking supporting evidence of CIS being spyware… not an explanation.

I think the OP speaks of this…

It sounds more like a bug and a mistake rather than spyware but that’s just me.

You’re right. I must not understand.

I’ve reinstalled CIS hundreds of times in various testing scenarios, and I’ve never had GeekBuddy or Dragon get installed when I tell the installer not to install them.

I think perhaps you didn’t actually deselect them when you though you did.

But since neither GeekBuddy or Dragon are spyware, I fail to see how them being installed if you don’t uncheck the option in the installer somehow turns CIS into spyware… Perhaps you are meaning to use a different word? Spyware would indicate by its very name that the application is being used to spy on you in some fashion. There is no spying activity going on with CIS, GeekBuddy, or Dragon.

Yes, I would prefer it if these two programs weren’t selected by default and that the configuration options were more visible in the installer, but they are definitely not spyware, nor does this behavior make CIS spyware…

Ohh the right word I was looking for. thanks Salamander. If you install and see it, you will see that the bug is a deliberate attempt.

Are you sure there are only two options?

I am not saying that they get installed anyway. If you have installed it lately., you will see that, to go to the option window to deselect them, there is a very tiny link at the bottom, which gets ignored by the users oftenly. The comodo did this on purpose, to plant these two applications to maximum people as they can, those who are intelligent, are lucky to deselect and remove them, but these intelligent people are less… understand the trick here?

You know what’s so odd. This subject has been brought up before by other users.

You are not the first to notice but the first to make a circus act out of it by loudly suggesting it is something nobody noticed before, you being not only the revealer but making yourself the herd to liberate the unaware sheep.

As you may have noticed we are not the usual congregation you seem to be preaching to and we object to the ideological sales coupling practice that seems to come with you.

We need to remember that CIS Premium is totally free and totally intact, it is not some hacked down version of a paid product.
Where else can you get so much for free without some limitations added or removed.
The paid versions have exactly the same security modules/components.
The way GB and Dragon are added by default might not be ultimate for the end user, but remember the ability to deselect is still available (Not missing) and if it is missed during install the ability to remove both after is very simple via Windows Add/Remove programs wizard.
Please be appreciative for what Comodo does give to us the end users for free and show a little understanding.
Thanks from Captainsticks.

But you did…

oopss sorry yes I said. but, may be I forgot to complete the sentences. that was by mistake. but I didnt mean to say like that.
Yes it doesnt install after deselecting. But as I said before, the … tiny barely visible link.

No I am not the first to notice. But I am creating repeated awareness. People read and tend to forget and the posts lag behind. Such things should be brought up several times in people’s notice.

I hope that is true. If that is true, then I believe you will think from both sides. As it looks like you are consistently watching my posts, you seem like what you said you are. thanks.

That’s all fine and dandy but we still don’t have proof for your accusation of CIS being spyware . We don’t care if you call it badware, scamware, annoyingware but spyware is a bold accusation that needs corroboration.

We are still waiting… :THNK