Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.4.20 Bug Reports

I’m starting to think its just a UI bug, I got the red light again telling me the driver was not active. After I rebooted though, it turned green again.

I wonder why 2.0.4.20 is posted in the Beta Corner :-.

Anyway, this is another 120 DPI issue that affects for CFP 3: All rights are not reserved :o

CFP 3.0.18.309
32-Bit XP SP2
120 DPI

In addition, CMF also “suffers” from that little red dot at the top left corner of the GUI.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cant uninstall or reinstall…guess that would be a very irritating bug for anyone.

Odd did not load gui this morning at boot (time changed today in UK)?
Fine on reboot.
Dennis

1. cpu 32bit (well, I have a core 2 duo, but it works in 32bit mode)
  2. win xp pro, czech version, sp3
  3. CFP? (dunno if it counts), boclean
  4. running .net application causes 100% cpu load (cvtres.exe and others)
  5. don’t know of any, excluding seem to work sometimes but not always.
  6. no bsods

Ok, I had to remove cmf, because it interfered with thinkpad applications which I use on my laptop. Those thinkpad utilz use quite lot of .net and it hanged quite often.
I even tried reinstalling .net, but it hanged too, so I had to remove cmf in order to install .net 3.5

I have an issue where the CMF tray icon is squashed up in some way…

I can make it look normal if I kill explorer.exe and then reload it, but that is not a good solution…

After I reboot, the icon gets squashed again…

There is a problem with CMF conflicting with Sony Creative Software’s Media Manager For Walkman and also Sony Creative Software’s Sony Ericsson Media Manager. These programs are exactly the same execpt one transfers media to Sony Ericsson Phones and the other to Sony Walkman’s. Anyway it causes a process call CVTRES.EXE to hang on startup of the appilcation. CVTRES.EXE is ran to detect the presence of a phone/walkman, so when it hangs at 100% CPU the application is useless.

When I turn CMF off the applications start fine.

Feel Free to try it and see if the same problem occurs

Sony Ericsson Media Manager
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/327/239/1217941544/Media%20Manager%201.2%20Multilingual.exe

Media Manager For Walkman
http://dspcdn.sonymediasoftware.com/current/mm4wm12_lite.exe

Hallo antbates1991,

I got similiar issues with some app running CFP + CMF together (with CFP or CMF only there was no high CPU usage issue).
Can you backup your CFP config and uninstall CFP to test these apps with CMF only?

I had similar case with cvtres.exe (part of .NET Framework in my (any?) case). It was CF v 3.0.21.
If only CF or CMF installed - no issue. But if both installed and active - 100% cpu usage. Workaround was to disable (i. e. rename or delete) guard32.dll (part of CF) or add cvtres.exe to CMF exclusion list.
ps
[some more info can be found on this board under thread “CF-CMF incompatibility”]

Yep its just CMF i’ve uninstalled CIS.

And Media Manager needs .NETFRAMEWORK to run so I presume its a .NETFRAMEWORK issue.

And thanks adding CVTRES.EXE to the exclusion list solves the problem (:CLP)

Memory firewall causes GB-PVR mediacentre software installer to fail/use 100% CPU:

To test this yourself, please download installer from here: http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR10307.msi

1. CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+ 64-Bit version

2. OS: Windows XP Home SP2 32-Bit

3. CFP 3.5, CBOClean, AntiVir Free edition, Windows defender

4. Bug: running installer “GBPVR10307.msi” installer will start, but after clicking through all the ‘next’ buttons, when the installer comes to actually install, it locks up and CPU usage goes to 100%.

This is traced back to a file “C:\Documents and Settings\My_Username\Local Settings\Temp\MSI*.tmp” (where * is a random combination of numbers/letters which changes each time I run the installer) which is run by parent process msiexec.exe

1. Only way to resolve this issue appears to be to uninstall CMF. Adding the MSI*.tmp file to the exclusion list doesn’t work since when you restart the installer, the file will have a different name.

I confirm Agent24’s post, exactly the same problem on my pc.

1. AMD Athlon XP2200

2. OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 32 Bit

3. CFP 3.4, CBOClean, AntiVir Free edition, Comodo Firewall Free edition v 3.5.57173.439

4. the same as above.

I was able to install the GB-PVR s/w only after uninstalling CMF, disabling or turning off makes no difference.

ShadowMan

I have discovered another problem, CMF will lock the computer when the latest version (0.99 Prebeta4) of EAC (Exact Audio Copy) is run.

(Haven’t tried any older versions of EAC)

Adding “C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\CDRDAO\cdrdao.exe” (default path) to the exclusion list fixes this issue.

Both the bug and fix were easily reproducible consistently on 3 different systems

Not sure if this caused somehow in conjunction with BOClean but I think the BOClean tray icon is always green at the time of the freeze.

This is a notice that the problem discussed in the June 2008 timeframe (on the previous ‘bug report’ board) still exists with respect to CMF 2.0.4.20.

In the folder: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
the file/program csc.exe will execute cvtres.exe when called by the .net just-in-time compiler.

cvtres.exe will use 95% of cpu cycles until the calling program FTM.exe throws an exception for ‘time out’. FTM.exe is a part of Family Tree Maker 2008 or 2009, author: The Generations Network - Ancestry.com.

cpu: amd athlon xp ‘socket a’ barton core 2.2gHz