COMODO Internet Security Beta Wishlist [CLOSED]

This remembers me of a related wish.
Please add a right.click option to View active Connections and view active process list dialogs to provide a shortcut for rule editing or rule creation.

And you remind me about the next one I was thinking from some time - a right click menu in “Firewall events” and “Defense+ Events” to edit the rule that created the entry.

It’s not visible but there is a trick, click on the “application” bar (for firewall or defence+) and type CTRL+F.
You can now search your rules ! click twice on the application bar and it will expand/collapse your rules.

Thanks for this tip. It’ll make my life much easier.

If I see right this search is somehow limited because you need to start typing the whole path like C:/Program Files/~. But it’ll do nice for me.

Cheers!

AV Wish,

Make the how many layers of archived files checking configurable at least for the manual scan. (like 1 - 5 or so).

AV Wish,

Put a close button on the “Run a Scan window” now you have to X it away !
Same for the Scan Results windows, but then with a Warning MsgBox after pressing Close “Are you sure…”

Attached is a manipulated screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

On this webpage http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/enterprise/index.html

there are only 2 option to download CESM: 2003/08
But even if is possible to install CESM in other OS, i still believe this feature (e-mail alert) should be placed in CIS

Sorry I missed the wish you submitted because it wasn’t on that page so I only attempted to reply to the post about CESM requirements.

I relied on a dev post about CESM 1.0.2 beta

I think it’s a pretty good idea. It will draw in a wider variety of users (like you said elderly, inexperienced, etc.)

it is a wishlist. i want it too (:TNG)
hmmm, this board is closed? ??? can you guys normal citizen reply to it? pls PM me. i’m not familiar with this mod priviledge ???

oh OK, thx! now continue, shoo shoo ;D

I think this is a good idea too: the interface should consist of two main interfaces. 1 simplified gui and 1 more complicated gui like we have now… Also the alerts should be modified or adjusted depending on the chosing interface… so if you have chosen the simplified interface than you should get in the alert also simplified text and less things explained… if you have chosen the complicated gui than you should get more text and more things explained… this should also be optional ofcourse, i mean the adjustments of the alerts…

When sandbox integrated into CIS , popup may be extremely reduced.
All things just in the sandbox,don’t need much constraints.

Firewall & Defence+ Rules;

I think it could be very useful if you can “Disable” a rule, if you are testing now you have to remove and recreate the rule everytime… specially the D+ once are a pain with all those windows and buttons.

Improve Defence+ Process Access Rights GUI.

Can you put the buttons that have no entries in it grayed out, other color something else so you can SEE what rules are active for the application.

Now you have to click on every button to find out that there is no rule under it !

[attachment deleted by admin]

And what will be the difference with “treat this application as trusted” ??? (:WIN)

I see the firewall now has a lot of preset settings, I wish there were option to combine / mix these settings like custom + Internet Security, or Proactive security + Antivirus security etc. etc…

Alert Wish;

On Defence+ Alert while installing new software.
If you select “Installer of Updater” automatically untick the “Remember my answer”.

It makes no sense to pollute the Defence+ Policy with installers.

Alternatively, leave the balloon messages where they are but force the Firewall / Defense+ alerts to appear slightly higher and to remember this from session to session.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I have an idea for the wishlist. Just don’t laugh if it doesn’t make sense (:AGY) (:TNG)

Ok here goes.

When scheduled scans are performed (talking about the presets that are created when CIS is installed) every file is rescanned. So if your last scan was a couple of days ago (or a week ago) then these files are scaned every time (I said that already). So the idea is use the COMODO BackUp technology. I’ve used BackUp for some time now and my favourite setup is “sync”. I have come to know that BackUp is very effective with it’s sync feature. When a new file is created or an old file is modified COMODO BackUp goes to work. And I’ve played around with changing the waiting time to initiate synced backups. So why not use this technology in CIS. I was thinking that you can have 2 types of scheduled scans.

1. Keeping the full system scan that could probably be scheduled to run every 2 months, 6 months, 1 year (and this could be selected by the user… knowing that everyone uses his/her computer in different environments some may need to scan every week or 2 weeks others maybe not so often). So always perform a full system scan (rescanning of all files on the computer).

2. Have an incremental scan (maybe incremental is not the right description but something like remembers-what-you-scaned-the-last-time-you-scaned scan (:TNG) ). Once this scan is run CIS would know what files have been scanned. With the COMODO BackUp technology CIS could make note of files that have been downloaded, copied from other media, modified, etc. (even deleted as some files goes to RECYCLER… or whatever it is called (:WIN) ). And I would not scan immediately, I would build up on this list of new/modified files for a week (or the time that the user has predefined) and when the “incremental” scan is scheduled for, scan all those new/modified files.

You may say well today I have these av signatures and tomorrow I’ll have other signatures. What if I download a zipped file today and the signatures don’t detect a virus but it’s there. Well that’s where the first “full” scan will look for these previously missed viruses. And also remember that even though this virus is not detected CIS has other angles (as Melih mentioned) such as Defence + (and hopefully other additions like Memory Firewall) that will stop any malicious code from doing harm.

So I don’t know what you think any recomendations or modifications to this idea are welcome. I don’t know if this would work or is viable but hope it helps. (V)