COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 Released!

I’m just checking:
I just was notified of an automatic update at 2:03 PM 5/31/2009 and I see no information here about said update. the update is requesting I restart my computer. I hesitate to shut down my system. Also I do not completely trust this update as it is not a week day and feels irregular at best.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/25/myinfo.jpg

Did you delete entries in the My Trusted Software Vendors list. When you delete one of the default ones then Comodo will put it back.

This was a major bug that was fixed in 3.9. It no longer occurs. I removed most of the default vendors and there are no update messages.

Sorry to intrude but to whom is the "did you delete… " post? If to me I did not delete any thing I know of but I did clear a root entry that was not in the disk directory. Not really a root kit but it was hidden and not part of XP.

Thx for letting me know. I must have missed that change with 3.9.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5364/joinforumbttn9378790.gif

So you can be ignored just like me!

What exactly was it that you deleted? There are legitimate files that exhibit rootkit-like properties,usually related to security applications.

Has anyone else had this weird lock up caused by D+ (and maybe AV part too) that freezes your desktop and everything and system does not respond to any keyboard command and nothing moves expect your mouse? It’s like clicking a screenshot of your desktop. This is quite serious problem and it happened me once I was installing one program and it took a lot of time to fix all the registry problems that lock up caused (CAV showed some FP’s and freezed the system). For some reason this happens usually when I launch Corel Paint Shop Pro 9 and D+ is set to safe mode and there’s no rules for that program yet. OS is Vista x64.

I think that this problem was much worse in pre .509 versions but it is not fixed yet.

Anarion
have sent you a message about how to deal with the problem.
could you feedback some detailed info we need that mentioned in the message?

VERY NICE JOB. GUYS!!! finally, even granny can use it!

Thank you!

It will keep getting better and better!

Melih

thats great. keep the ball rolling. i’m impressed

Long time no update. Is Comodo cooking something major?

I assume, you have missed this ? 88)

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/fyi_comodo_time_machine_screen_shots-t40383.0.html

Xan

But that is for CIS 4, right? And CIS 4 is not a major update, but a monstrous upgrade. ;D

Hello eXPerience.To follow on from Mr Henkys post, “whats cooking”.Could this be the Family signature additions which Melih indicated would come probably in june?.I say this as I believe that the time machine will not come out until version 4, but perhaps a beta will be available before then?.

However another observation is that recently about 1 week ago we had 2/3 days without any sig updates on the update page and nothing new that i know of was announced by Comodo.Therefore it simply may be a blip in the adding of the sigs and most probably things will catch up.

since my install, i get about 2 or 3 updates a day

Well, yeah. I’m not sure how the family sigs will be integrated or so + when, but they’re probably already coming.
If you haven’t noticed, updates are coming more often. Some users are saying around every 30 mins :slight_smile:

Xan

I’m very pleased to be getting signature updates regularly every 30 minutes.

~Maxx~

It would be ■■■■ annoying if it would update every 30 minutes just to add 1-2 signatures.