COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 Released!

Do you believe in what you’re saying? Have a look at update logs of one of antiviruses in their site and you’ll know how many signatures they add every day in average.

Of cource they would update more than just two per update but I still don’t see why they would have to do that two times per hour. For example, Avast does not do so and it is just fine.

The whole point is to get signatures into the database (or fix FP’s) ASAP. COMODO’s goal is to take submitted malware from users and be able to create a signature and release it in a database update in under 2 hours (which they are almost at). Avast has updates every few hours I believe and Norton updates every 5 minutes. Avast it fine with its updates every few hours, but it doesn’t hurt to get the signatues into the database ASAP. Plus the small updates only take about 20 seconds compared to a daily update which would take about a minute or more.

Do you believe in what you are saying? Please prove for us beyond any shadow of a doubt that Comodo is blatantly lying about the number of updates they do each day.

~Maxx~

The 40,000 figure was a one hit wonder I recall. Probably somebody submitted a collections of malware to Comodo.

Since the real time effectiveness of an Anti-Virus program relies upon the latest update it has received I don’t have any problem with the CIS frequent silent updates. In fact I would never even notice the signature updates if it weren’t for the time stamp changing every 1/2 hour.

~Maxx~

And the system tray pop up :wink:

Provided you have the popups enabled… ;D

Hi,

I saw some messages in other topics about v3.10 being expected to be released at the end of this month.

So, I have one question: Why not beta-testing it? (at least, nothing about it in “Beta Corner”) ???

There probably won’t be a BETA. 3.10 isn’t going to be a huge update like 3.9 was. It only has some small AV bug fixes/improvements.

I’m not positive though. There could be a BETA, but probably not.

i want to know how and why its not granny proof all of a sudden.

What do you mean?

i had to reinstall it and it went back to the old mega pop ups and that extremely annoying install mode. even downloaded a fresh copy. its as if it went back to 3 months ago

I have been using Comodo v 3.8.65951.477 on Windows XP SP2 fo some time now. Recently I have decided to to upgrade to version 3.9.95478.509. After the upgrade, when I boot the system, the blue screen flashes and the system reboots. The only way to stop it is to pull the plug out and remove the battery. Fortunately, I made the backup before the upgrade. So I reverted to the older working version of Comodo.

I tried to contact Comodo and found out that on their pages they do not provide any facility to contact them by e-mail. At the same time I found out that they heavily promote the paid version of their software.

With such approach, I find that a little bit too optimistic on their part.

You could try to put CIS 3.9 D+ into tranning mode then doing the reboot. I think this will fix your problem.

I’m sorry to hear your having trouble upgrading.

If I’m correct the 3.8 upgrade needs a 2 stage update, that has a reboot in between.
Maybe it would be better to do a full install instead of an upgrade, that should prevent the BSOD.

You could export your current config however this is not recommended, there are a lot of changes in the 3.9 version, it will perform better if you do a clean install.

Just a side note: I have been using CIS for about 1 to 1/2 years (on XP, VISTA and W7), and have never found a better replacement for a total security replacement for free. Take my advice …dl and use CIS and you will always be safe and you will never have to pay for useless one year updates for a bloated security app again
Cheers

Sorry, I was not precise enough. I did not do the upgrade. I un-installed v. 3.8.65951.477, re-booted and then installed v.3.9.95478.509.

Okay to find out what happened we need the BSOD’s minidump(s) can you please have a look in the c:\windows\minidump folder to see if there are dumpfiles there from the time of the BSOD’s ?

If so can you please upload them here:

Best thing is to first .zip them before uploading.

COMODO Internet Security 3.10.101801.529 Released.

Thread Closed.

Cheers,
Josh