COMODO Internet Security 3.5.52764.414 RC1 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

I cannot reproduce this on Vista or XP Pro SP2, do you have more details ?
How is you manual scan defined, have you changed any other settings ?

I’ve contacted COMODO Staff on this issue and the response is:

It is in our task list already. Prioritized and will certainly be fixed.

Regards,
Ronny

Comodo crashed while I wanted to add files manually to “my pending files”.
Happened on XP32.

The bug with the clean pc mode seems to affect only files manually added to “my pending files”, modified or new ones automatically detected by Comodo are intercepted correctly by D+.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I hope that’s really the case, it is broken for so long, I was starting to think that it isn’t a bug, but a feature to annoy Czech users.

Evil, can you post the requested information please (see top of the post).
If you posted before preferably also the link to the “old” post.
Thanks.

Following issue still exists as reported in previous betas…

Just to clarify the steps, click the link on the General tab of the interface (or D+ =>Advanced => D+ Settings) to launch the pop-up box to adjust your settings. It is the changes made in this popup by moving the slider that hang the GUI after you try apply your change.

And as mentioned before, the workaround is to adjust the D+ setting in the context menu of the system try icon.

Right click on an empty folder and choose scan with COMODO. The scan starts, there is no action on the HDD. No item scanned is displayed. And it never stops.

Try this, right click on your desktop and create a new folder. Then right click the folder and select scan with comodo.

EDIT: The only way to stop the scan is to kill the cavscan.exe process on the task manager.

I second that. Although I was able to quit the scanning by clicking pause, Stop, then cross.

COMODO File submission wont let me add files of type .

Example: I have a trojan which is a VBS named Trojan.VBS.Batty and I want to submit that file along with +200 more named like this one. It wont let me add this files.

That worked for me too thanks.

+1

Unable to update virus database within the GUI (beta 1 > RC1).

1. Vista Business inc. SP1
  2. BOClean 4.27, SafeSurf 1.0.0.6 and Windows Defender
  3. Database update from the main “Summary” window.
  4. Have changed settings in IE’s connections (btw, main CIS update works fine ???)
  5. n/a
  6. See attachments (cis1.jpg and cis2.jpg)
  7. n/a
  8. Problem since beta 1. Computer joined to domain, admin rights.

:slight_smile:

I’m posting this for a guy in the Swedish forum.

System info: CIS RC1 on Windows XP Home X86

He ran the Diagnostics which told him that something wrong was found. Clicking Yes in order to fix it gave the following message: The diagnostics utility could not fix some of the problems, would you like to create a diagnosis report? He created the report and I’m attaching it here.

LA

The RC1 is still having issues on my Thinkpad T500 machine with it not being able to startup when Comodo is installed. It seems that Comodo is not compatible or is having a conflict with Lenovo’s/Authentec’s Fingerprint Software’s Windows Logon function. I must have that function disabled for Windows to start up properly.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision (Instructions for XP and Vista)
    32 bit Vista SP1
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
    Lenovo Thinkvantage Fingerprint Software (AuthenTec)
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    Check “Use fingerprint scan instead of password when logging into Windows” under Settings of the Fingerprint software
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
    Uncheck the said box
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
    NA
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
    NA
  7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here
    NA
  8. Any other information you can think of
    NA

Please PM me if you need more information since I do not check the forums often.
Thanks!

I make a custom version of mIRC so me and my buddies (they are not good with mIRC) can all easily meet in one place and chat. The program is here…

http://www.freewebs.com/btjustice/mIRC.html

COMODO is now telling me it is infected with a virus all of the sudden. I would love to tell you what that virus is (I did get a screen shot of it), but since COMODO Updater updated some program components, it seems like the history of viruses found no longer works. My list remains clear even after finding a virus.

Looks like the AppInit creation for guard32.dll failed, can you let the user check HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\guard32.dll

Weird bug on CAVs 3

XP Pro SP3 32bit - CIS RC1, Comodo Disk Shield(Off)

Scanned a folder with right click and did not detect a threat. I opened the folder, single click on a file and the real time scanner popped out detecting threats. See attached pics.

Edit: ADDED PIC. I am selecting all files and the real time scanner detect the threat. Right click on the files and select scan with comodo and nothing!! ??? :-\ :-\ See for yourself

EDIT: Added PIC. Now it found a threat!!

Exactly what do you mean by “check”?

LA

How did you do that? I have no right-click access for COMODO.

Can you pls compress that folder and send to me? Let me see whats going on.