COMODO Internet Security 3.5.52396.411 BETA 3 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Yes, been reported a few times.

Josh

Same bug as in BETA 2.

XP SP3, CIS. I have to reboot when removing on-access malware. Screen Shot attached.

Josh

[attachment deleted by admin]

As reported in Beta2 bug report thread, the following issue still exists…

I found however that if I use the tray context menu to adjust the D+ mode, I have no issue… only while adjusting the D+ slider in the GUI does it “hang”.

Having same issue. XP SP3.

It is pretty old… Hope it gets fixed.

Josh

Never mind about this.

I switched from ‘safe mode’ to ‘paranoid mode’ and the Alerts for those programs came up, And Defense+ came up clean saying I could safely allow those programs, So it’s Comodo’s Whitelist. :slight_smile:

Though ‘Installation Mode’ still takes a while to switch back.

Josh

I have a similar issue to your beta 2 bug, except mine is about cfp.exe. It takes almost 5 minutes after booting up to decrease from about 13,000 KB to 2,600 KB Mem Usage.

1. 32 Bit | Windows XP | Pro Service Pack 2
  2. Comodo Firewall 3.5.52396.411 Beta only security program
  3. Monitor with Task Manager on cpf.exe
  4. Do nothing except wait

I classify this to be an old bug that potentially affects security: when the Remember my answer option is enabled, the next time I receieve either a Firewall / Defense+ alert, that option remains enabled. It should be disabled all the time. If this is by design then it’s flawed!

Is it flawed? Oh well, opinions vary on that. Jury is out… Personally I think it is very useful. Most of the time I have to instruct CIS to “Remember”. Very occasionally I issue a one off, where I would tick the “Remember” off. Oh well, horses for courses…

I would prefer that ‘Remember my answer’ status would be saved separately for Firewall Alerts and Defense+ Alerts. But it is more like feature request than a bug report :slight_smile: .

I classify this to be an old bug that potentially affects security: when the Remember my answer option is enabled, the next time I receieve either a Firewall / Defense+ alert, that option remains enabled. It should be disabled all the time. If this is by design then it's flawed!

I agree, maybe there is another way to do this in the GUI (seperate button for remembering for example).

Jim

This is basically an updated post from the previous Beta releases.

I’m still having issues with Microsoft Word not being able to save documents to our Novell server. I had this issue in the 1st and 2nd Betas and it is still occurring in the 3rd Beta.

I receive the error message ‘Word cannot save due to a file permission error’ when saving Word documents to a network drive (Novell).

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision (Instructions for XP and Vista)
    Windows XP Professional, SP3, 32 bit

2. Security and Utility Software Installed
    a-squared Free 3.5.27
    Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.0
    SpywareBlaster 4.1
    Windows Defender (latest updates)
    RealVNC

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    Open the Word document from the network.
    Make changes.
    Save document.
    Error message occurs.
    Original file is deleted.
    MS Word tries to save a temp version of the document.
    See attached screen shots.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem
    Saved Word documents to my desktop without any problem and then copied that file to the network drive without any problems.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
    None created.

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
    See attachments.

7. Any other information you can think of
    Using MS Office Word 2003 (11.8227.8221) SP3.

When installing Comodo CIS 3.5 Beta (CIS_Setup_3.5.52396.411_XP_Vista_x32_BETA.exe), I only installed the anti-virus, I did NOT install Comodo firewall or SafeSurf. I also did not make Comodo my default search provider or make Comodo my home page.

1. Please put any False Positive Reporting here
    None.

On VISTA the exclusion for ?:\Recycle?* is incorrect, the Recycler for VISTA should be ?:$Recycle.Bin*
This would exclude detection in the Recycle Bin, now this does not work for VISTA systems.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32
  2. CMF, BOClean, Winpatrol
  3. N/A
  4. Yes, put the exclusion in the list by hand.
  5. N/A
  6. Done

AV Exclusions still conflict with BOClean Exclusions on system startup.
Have Netcat (nc.exe) put it on the BOClean exclusion list, and put it on the CIS Exclusion list.
Reboot and you get an alert that BOClean thinks the exe has changed !!
Now Reboot with AV Disabled, no problem.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32 / Windows XP SP3, x32.
  3. N/A
  4. Yes, tried delaying BOClean startup but then you always get the Virus Alert for CIS on startup.
  5. N/A
  6. Done

First shot is with normal boot BOClean active, CIS AV Enabled.
Second show BOClean is on the startup delay from Winpatrol, now you get the AV Alert even though it’s on the Exclusion list. So it’s not working because BOClean is loading it to check the hash for Exclusion and AV get’s triggered at that moment. After that RealTime does not trigger again and Manual scan does not also.

So it fails only on system startup !!

Now if i chose to Ignore Permanent it appears multiple times in the exclusion list.

If you get an AV alert and you chose “Ignore Once” you have to repeatedly click on the Ignore Once before the Alert window disappears. This should be clicked only once for the specific malware in the same folder.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32 / Windows XP SP3, x32.
  3. N/A
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

Sometimes the GUI doesn’t paint the whole screen.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32.
  3. Seen multiple times, no pattern.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. Done

Launchy Indexing takes 6 minutes with Real-Time scan active and only 20 seconds with Real-Time Disabled, cmdagent.exe it taking 10% to 20% cpu.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32
  3. Just do a manual index using Launchy with RealTime AV enabled and disabled
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. Done

Also reported for BETA2:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_beta2_bug_reports-t27344.0.html;msg202394#msg202394

If you have a manual scan window on top of an other application and you minimize the Manual Scan window the MAIN GUI pops up !! you would expect to see the application that was behind the Manuals Scan window not the CIS Main GUI to pop up ! Can this be changed so that the main GUI also minimizes or at least does not “pull up”.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32 / Windows XP SP3, x32
  3. Start a manual scan and click on the application that is full screen behind the scan window, the manual scan window stays on top of the application, now if you try to minimize the scan window the MAIN GUI pops up…
    So you need to also minimize the main GUI on this action.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A

Also reported for BETA1:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_35_beta_bug_reports_closed-t26982.0.html;msg197703#msg197703

Firewall log export to HTML Loses the protocol information data !! so it renders the data useless

3. FW log export to HTML and the protocol information is lost.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A

Also reported for BETA1:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_35_beta_bug_reports_closed-t26982.0.html;msg197996%23msg197996

Also reported for BETA2:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_beta2_bug_reports-t27344.0.html;msg200024#msg200024

Defence+ logging text contains a space at the beginning so it looks like

Firewall logs
Defence+ logs
AntiVirus logs

3. N/A
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. Done

1. Windows XP Home Edition SP3.
  2. SUPERAntispyware & Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware on-demand.
  3. Just manually updating, under some circumstances it can fail.
  4. n/a
  5. n/a
  6. I can’t reproduce it everytime to show a SH.
  7. n/a
  8. Many users are having this issue on various operating systems. Aren’t there suppose to be hourly updates as well? Because it’s not happening, I don’t expect it too with a beta though.

Josh