Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7062 Released

Working well - no issues on any systems. Thanks for a great Christmas present :slight_smile: :-TU

Thank mertavunduk,
Sorry for this mistake
I modified the hosts file and everything is working fine
I leave the version v12.2.2.7062 beta which works perfectly on my 4 PCs
Antiviral updates are Ok

:-TU

Thank you for the update.

Does the new signature database has the same protection as before? So, don’t I need a full signature database?

Just had an auto-update to 7062 and all looks tickety-boo so far. :smiley:

All works. Nothing to complain about.

This was from the CIS Time 3 years ago! That’s the explanation they’ve given

Hi nickfree,

We have activated program updater for 6882. So, it is up to you and you can update your CIS to new version with these 2 ways. If you want to use program updater I recommend to look notes in announcement.

Kind regards,
Mert

ok, where has my little icon gone… bottom right of the screen? :-\

Hi Ploget,

Thank you so much for your feedback :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Mert

Hi nickfree,

The Customers using 6882 or 7036 will receive program update to 7062, please let us know if you have any issues with new version. We have tested it, everything worked fine and without any problem.

After install, my C tray icon was present, but invisible. After reboot it was visible again.

Good job on the update!

I can feel a sense that the quality is returning back to the high standard expected of Comodo now.

May it continue :slight_smile:

Hi rita3846,

1. The main goal that we have achieved: reduced size of full bases.cav.
  2. We still keep all: generic, script, semantic, memory, safe signatures (even old)
  3. Cleaned up old NewFirst signatures(the most numerous) which created >6 months and at the same time not detected by our customer’s products like CIS for the last 6 month (based on FLS detection’s reports)
  4. Customer can choose either Light bases.cav or Full bases.cav in both cases better to have cloud scan (FLS) enabled. Full bases.cav will use less FLS requests and is much more preferable just for offline scan.

Hi NDABBRU,

Yes. It will work for 32-bit PCs too.

aah, yep… all good. happy days. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedbacks @ZorKas, @Ploget, @ubuysa, @Emerald & @ReeceN.
And others too especially EricJH, Future tech, CIS fan,

Thank you soo much for the support that you have given to us and the effort you took to help us. We will continue to do our best to improve CIS even better.

A small info for 6818 & 6914 customers. We haven’t activated binary updates for 6818 and 6914 yet, we will activate it.

Personally I thank all the staff, developers, engineers, … etc … for giving us such quality protection
Thanks also to Melih builder of Comodo
Really wonderful Christmas present from you
Long live Comodo :-TU :slight_smile:

Web filtering doesn't accept valid string (e.g. "*.comodo.com/*")
Other valid strings are still prevented from being used. e.g https://* */*.exe */img/*
False unrecognized files after running "Autorun Analyzer" from KillSwitch
Nope still doesn't work, both autorun analyzer and killswitch do not perform file rating lookup of files.
Network zones ip copy&paste issue
Issue still occurs with firewall application rules, global rules, and with the firewall ruleset sections.

Other issues:
Diagnostic still incorrectly fails with errors.
Excessive firewall logging of blocked events still occurs.
Firewall still blocks safe applications at startup if they attempt network access prior to CIS UI being loaded.
Https filtering does not work with chrome browser.
Firefox and IE a blank page is shown instead of the Comodo block page when blocking/asking for https URLs.
Whitelisted signature when the AV is installed issue is not fixed.
AV still scans executables even if they are defined in scan exclusions.
CIS relies on device name paths instead of using normal file paths so it causes issues with scan exclusions and HIPS/firewall rules for applications/files located on removable media.
HIPS and containment bypass when applications call SetVolumeMountPoint and DeleteVolumeMountPoint API.

Reading what has been added / fixed, I believe that even in this version the web protection against fraudulent phishing sites is not there. One question, but does Comodo think this protection is useless? COS doesn’t seem that effective against malicious websites. Excuse me, maybe I am not a security expert but now I think a web protection is necessary and must be integrated, it is integrated in almost all free and paid antivirus.

Always here for you guys!

As you know us really well, we love being transparent…and here is our Transparency page showing what is happening in the business networks we are protecting

Also created another useful tool to see which vendor is not detecting which malware etc https://isitdetectedyet.com/

Stay safe!