Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

Finally! I feel I can exhale. Thank you for releasing this badly needed build. :-TU

Just installed on a fresh W10 install, so far so good…

Installed on win 10 Home 1909 os build 18363.815. Running smooth with no issues.

The online installer does not work. After starting, an attempt to load and then no reaction. Installed with an offline installer. The bug with the icon when the animation is turned off has not been fixed.

The message is: cannot be deleted, will be deleted at the next system start.

Try it with a third party uninstaller, e.g. Revo and choose intensive searching when uninstaller has ended.

i don’t know if this is helpful:

Download was successful without the entry 174.xxx etc for download in HOSTS.

When I look at Post 74 then it is not the problem with HOSTS.

A fully uninstalling and then install with the offline installer should be function. Revo with intensive search delets all, also in the registry. Hope you’re successful.

Installed the stable of comodo firewall 2020 over the top of the RC. I have voodooshield and HitmanProAlert and an antivirus program I like more alongside it, no issues discovered, not even with the rules I added for my applications to get cut off when my VPN disconnects.

Icon bug still there
Contained applications can’t access clipboard bug still there
Upgrade / uninstall bugs still there
Random files getting whitelisted still there
cmdagent scanning trusted files for no reason still there

Hmmm I’m wondering…
Is it too early to uninstall v12.0.0.6882 and install v12.2.2.7036?

Is there somewhere a total overview available about the improvements, bug fixes and open issues from v12.0.0.6882 to v12.2.2.7036?

Thank you.

CISfan- If you currently are having no issues with the current build that you have installed, it is Best Practice to wait until the new build is pushed out via the Updater function.

Concerning firewall installation only, is there any difference between using the online FW installer versus the offline CIS installer?

After manually checking for update its showing a program update but then gives this error.Error: 0x80070002 - The system cannot find the file specified. I’ve already did a clean install of 12.2.2.7036 and still getting the error.

I recently started using the Comodo DNS servers and with the beta RC the addresses were:

Preferred 8.26.56.26
Alternate 8.20.247.20

Now with this new release they are:

Preferred 156.154.70.22
Alternate 156.154.71.22

It looks like these addresses have been around for a long time. Just wondering why the change, and if there’s a difference between one set of addresses and another.

For the persons who already installed the v12.2.2.7036 RC from BETA section, there will be no reason to install this v12.2.2.7036.
It’s the same msi package, the signature is identical and therefor will be like installing the same thing twice !
Instead those who have the v12.2.2.7036 RC from BETA section just modify back the etc\hosts file and remove the beta server addresses
178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com
or just use the original windows hosts file and replace.

note: COMODO Team should explain this as for people to not do the same job twice !

Briefly tried the AV, clean installation on Windows 10 home 1909 18363.815.
I had two issues:

[ol]- ghost icon on taskbar

• Windows Defender was running together with CAV[/ol]

Uninstalled, this time forever.
If Comodo wanna focus on enterprises rather than on home users, just go ahead with that and don’t keep messing things up

for the issue no1 just click->icon->exit, now just enter again it will be on taskbar with icon this time.

no2 issue ask MS mate as it is not COMODO problem, MS Windows Defender has changed a lot from MS Windows v. to another v., as it is almost required by OS itself to run, so like i said it’s NOT COMODO problem in here!
I don’t have this problem since in my wim file v.1809 is LITE by me and i took out a lot of stuff including super cpu hogging Windows Defender.
Or you can try by yourself to remove it via powershell -online, google it.
via powershell run as administrator
Uninstall-WindowsFeature -Name Windows-Defender
also add in reg
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Feature]
“DisableAvCheck”=dword:00000001

or try here

[ol]- It’s annoying

• Every other AV I have tried can disable Windows Defender without problems[/ol]

I had an issue with Comodo 12.1 breaking Windows 8.1 custom page file setup. Was this problem somehow fixed or is still present? I want avoid to test & roll back so trying to investigate first.

Congratulations on getting this one out.

Upon installing using the FW Online installer I kept getting the following errors when trying to install.

Sometimes I would just get one of them or sometimes both.

After a few reboots and av-scans I managed to launch the installer without it giving these errors.

(No malware detected in the scans)

Also seen this issue with the RC.

Had uninstalled the 7036 RC, then used the latest Comodo Uninstall Tool before installing public 7036.

Note: I was not double launching the installer by accident. The installer would work after I clicked ok, but I wanted an install without the error.

Upgraded an couple of PCs last night.

I couldn’t get the firewall only online installer to work though.
It started running then just disappeared on me (no error, nothing), tried it an few times and gave up.

But I had no issues using the CIS offline installer to upgrade.

Yes my experience was similar.

The offline installer gave no errors for me.