Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

Hello EricJH,

Dumps are submitted to the CIS Team and they are working in it.
Have a nice day!

[at] comodo staff

I’ve just done what I’ve avoided so far:

I reset the container (virtual desktop) at a point where I always received the BOSD.

No more BOSD! :-TU

My last statement: Everything works wonderfully, I’m happy with CIS!

In Event Viewer (Windows 10 1909 x64) there are too many records related to guard64.dll. I was informed in other post this was fixed it this release but it wasn’t.

There are two Events ID’s 5038 and 6281. In half an hour for Event ID 5038 I got 29 records.

EVENT ID 5038

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid.  The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name:	\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\guard64.dll

EVENT ID 6281

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name:	\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\guard64.dll	

No reason to be troubled. If your computer runs simply ignore this. I don’t know if it is due to having two firewalls running.

Same on my PC.

COMODO has added better *.DLL protection layer from unsigned *.dll that interfere with CiS.
Not all MS files are digital signed, so if one of them try to access CiS child processes than that type-o is the resulting…
So the one to point finger here it will be obviously MS for it’s poor security arch…

To but quote myself:

especially since it is information and not an error

With the recent Denuvo anti-cheat being pushed into Doom Eternal, Comodo should recognize it as a virus just like Kaspersky is.

Please make sure to also submit it in Submit Malware Here To Be Blacklisted - 2020 (NO LIVE MALWARE!).

when this will appear to autoupdate? “old” 6914 on other comp hasn’t had any notifications about new version.

We don’t know . . . . just waiting

I hope they are working in fix the different crash that this version has before release any new version. 88)

im on 12.0.0.6818. will it automaticly update when ota is ready ?

I can share an interesting observation: after fixing DISM/WIM mounting in my Win7 x64, I was able to update thyis OS to Win10 1909, I decided to do this with CIS 12.2.2.7036 RC for testing purposes.
The update, this time, went fine. The culprit before was, of course, broken WIM mounting driver. CIS survived this update pretty fine! The only thing CIS did, just when setup options about location, tec., appeared, was to forcefully reboot the OS, cause the CIS driver had to be changed, I reckoned. After that - CIS works, it was (and still is) visible under protection section of Win10. CIS config also survived. Only Diagnostics throws error - fro example “W M I : F a i l e d t o r e g i s t e r t h e p r o v i d e r . m y R e g i s t r a r - > R e g i s t e r r e t u r n e d 0 x 8 0 0 4 1 0 0 e” from CisTrace_x64_v12.2.2.7036_20200524-021033.evtx file. It’s probably about Resplendence Registrar x64 8.50 build 850.31107 software installed in my OS. I’ll include the report.
I’m yet to try to install normal newest CIS after cleanup and see, if the policy error went away.

im on 12.0.0.6818. will it automaticly update when ota is ready ?

It will, but we’re . . . . just waiting!

Hello cuser & Playa82,

Regarding Auto-update : I have informed to my CIS Team and they are discussing in it,after the conclusion made let me inform you.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Upgraded to the latest Win2004 x64 version with all CIS functions on - everything running as normal and no issues found

Hello Ploget,

Thank you for your kind feedback :).
Have a nice day.

This build runs normally and without glitches on Windows 10 2004 x64. Also there are no crashes logged in the CisDumps folder.