Comodo Firewall and Spysweeper Problems

Dev’s have identified the bug, and this will be fixed in the next release, keep an eye on the forum for when it will be released, my guess is this week…

Amen to that.

Yes Ronny…please let us know when the bug is fixed for SpySweeper compatability so I can switch right back to my favorite firewall…COMODO

[quote]the firewall was also not letting the Webroot Spysweeper function in real-time [/quote

Just curious, why don’t you use “BOClean”, malwarebytes, or superantispyware?

Where do the devs usually post info like that? Sorry…but I’ve kinda lost my “tabs” on the forum. I used to read everything, but recently the forums seemed to have gotten busier… :THNK

It’s here Jeremy:

At last! I thought I was the only person on the planet with this issue.

Since updating CFP to v3.8 (from v3.5), I have been unable to complete a Spy Sweeper (v6.0.2 or v6.1.0) scan.
E.G. SS scan apparently only half way through after 13 hours, whereas it would normally have completed in under 40 minutes with CFP v3.5.
Exit/disable of CFP v3.8 does not allow SS to complete a scan either. The ONLY way I can get SS to make a successful scan is to completely uninstall CFP v3.8
I’ve spent a large amount of three days uninstalling and reinstalling both CFP and SS in various combinations, but without any luck.

If I cannot get a solution soon, I’m going to have to downgrade CFP to v3.5, as I’m not convinced that SS is providing live protection with CFP v3.8 installed.

I’ve logged this issue with Webroot. They told me:
“We are currently unaware with any problems/conflicts with Spy Sweeper and CFP.” - 02/20/2009 02.42 AM

[/quote]

…Are they aware of it or not ???

MostlyHarmless, could try to do the “Disable D+ permanently” on the D+ Settings tab.

And yes it’s fixed, not released in a new version yet, which i expect this/next week.

Ronny,
If the known bug is fixed regarding CFP and SpySweeper conflict, does that mean I can install Comodo again, or do I wait for the next version?
Thanks buddy !! :comodorocks:

You’ll have to wait for the next version.

Well, disabling Defense+ permanently, worked (Defense+ > Advanced > Defense+ Settings > Deactivate the Defense+ permanently). But I’ve got to say it galled me having to do so. What’s the point of having an all singing, all dancing firewall, if it won’t dance to your tune?

Anyhow, SS is back to completing my Custom Sweeps in a respectable 40ish minutes.

This is not the first time I’ve fallen foul of updating CFP as soon as a new version is released. I’d normally give it a couple of weeks for bug-fix revisions to come out after any major version release - I’m just too trusting, I guess.

Let’s hope yesterday’s CFP offering will play nicely with Spy Sweeper. I’ll let you know.

Comodo Firewall Pro - Version 3.8.65951.477 : 26th Feb, 2009
FIXED! Defense+ conflicts with certain security applications “O rly?”

Download 477: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3865951477_released-t35638.0.html .

Aaaaargh!! NO, THIS “BUG-FIX” HAS NOT RESOLVED MY PROBLEM WITH SPY SWEEPER SCANS.

I just cannot waste any more time with this problem. I pay for Spy Sweeper. I’m just going to have to look for an alternative free firewall. It’s a shame; CFP has severed me well since 2.x

I think CIS is better than Spy Sweeper. Just stop paying for Spy Sweeper and uninstall it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Same issue here. Current updates of both Comodo and Spy Sweeper installed. I had SS sweep overnight; it was still working this morning, which renders it useless for my purposes. Before the recent update it swept in less than 10 minutes. I hope Comodo can solve this, or I’ll have to try a different firewall.

Hello,

the same problem here. When I had CIS v. 3.5x (installed without antivirus), the scan took cca 20 minutes. When I yesterday updated to the version 3.8.x.477, the scan tooks forever. I hope this will be fixed soon. Thanks

The same here, nothing is fixed. Proactive defense plus has to be deactivated for the system to run smoothly with others antimalwares active.

Is CIS really better then Spysweeper? I also have Avira antivirus and CFP (untill the conflict came about)
If someone here can say that CIS is now better than SpySweeper with Avira, then I will switch to the full CIS suite
Thank You ;D

AFAIK, SpySweeper (I’ll call it “SS”) replies on a blacklist. And there are, of course, many malicious files that any detection-based security program like SS will miss.

But CIS is different: Not only does it have a blacklist, but it also has a HIPS. If you know how to use it, this can be very powerful.
Plus, CIS has a firewall which I doubt SS has.
And CIS has another feature: buffer overflow protection. Not many security apps have this, and SS most likely doesn’t either.

So in my opinion, CIS beats SS by a long shot.