Comodo Dragon ver 33.1 is now available for download

Hi captainsticks

One of my family ( own laptop ) used the automated upgrade which pops up in Dragon itself ( Download Now button ), and that went fine

My problem was with using the Installer to Upgrade, on both my laptop and the family desktop with multiple limited users ( installed as admin for the main installation which everyone uses )

Thanks, yes that explains the difference between you and I.
I used the automated internal updater.

good job guys.

OH BTW thanks for the update Comodo.
Also thanks for the simpler method to use PepperFlash. :-TU

I normally don’t install updates until they are proven-out for awhile. This morning, I accidentally accepted the update to 33.1 and WOW: do I regret it! I almost instantly ran into the flash player problem (how could you miss that one?) and, worse, the arrow buttons are now missing on the scroll bar on the right.

I’m sure this thing is loaded with many more unpleasant surprises. Rather than my jumping through all kinds of hoops to apply fixes, will you please provide instructions on how to revert back to the working version that preceeded 33.1?

Hi and welcome DeaTailee,
There have been some issues with Dragon/Flash since V33, there is a workaround posted in the opening post.

The scrollbar arrows missing is intended behaviour of Chromium based browsers since V32.
The extension below solves this particular issue.
Win7 Scrollbars-Chrome Web Store
As far as I know due to user feedback, the arrows may return in future releases.

You can download version 31.1 in the external link below, but use caution as it has been reported that downgrading has caused corruption to the Dragons user profile on some systems.
Be certain to back up important items like bookmarks etc.
Comodo Dragon Internet Browser 31.1-Filehippo

Kind regards.
Edit: Corrected the version for what I believe to be when the Flash issue occurred.

Hello,

The issue is localized only in the installer update functionality, the internal (manual and automatic) methods work correctly. We are currently investigating the cause of this issue and will include a fix in the next release.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to any of you and thank you for your support.

Thank you. :-TU

Melih, are you using CD or CID as default browser ? I am just curious ?
or what Comodo products do you really use ?

Excellent, thank you.

While you are looking at that is there any chance the installer could be changed to something similar to LibreOffice installer ?

That installer has a page which allows you to deselect as many components of the installer as you wish, and the update installer side of that is very comprehensive in the way it will automatically look at your previous installation ( no matter how old the version ) and be able to successfully un-install every part of the previous installation … Before it catalogues and installs every component part of the new installation.

Users would then also get to not install some plugins / extensions / background services which currently we only get to do after the fact that they have been installed.

For the crowd your Browser is targetting, the current behaviour of your installer is not conducive to its reputation as being trustworthy. The surprise introduction of the Comodo Message Center Service for one example, which needs to be disabled with a registry key. https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-ver-291-is-now-available-for-download-t98761.0.html;msg713955#msg713955

CD :slight_smile: (my default browser, has been for a long time)
CIS (my personal computers and family computers are protected using CIS premium)
ESM (my office computers are protected using ESM)
Privdog (all my computers, office, personal and family has Privdog protecting my and my family’s privacy and improve our browsing experience)
Ccloud (still not happy with the performance, so i use occasionally. I am working on solving the problems with this product though :)).
AV for Android (for my tablet).

Thanks for the reply :azn: :-TU

Thnx 4 the new CD :slight_smile:

The new ‘Comodo Media Downloader’ add-on was unexpected for sure. It works very well. The only ‘issue’ that i’ve noticed is that it will save the downloaded file with double file extensions (example : *.mp4.mp4), nothing major but i though i would bring it up.

Thnx for the auto loading feature of Pepper flash. Have tested the solutions give here in this thread (put the pepper flash folder inside CD installation folder and disabling the NPAPI version) but i still have issues to get flash based videos/images etc. to load up/play in forum views. Will dig around some more and c if i can come up with why it won’t work for me. The positive thing now is that i don’t get crash message all the time. :wink:

Really hoped that Google’s page translation service would be working again with CD in this new release, but i can live without it for a little while longer. Now i really hope that a solution will come in the next release.

Thanks bro. I disabled NPAPI under shockwave.

I presume you mean under ‘Shockwave Flash’ and not under ‘Shockwave Player’ which is not related? :slight_smile:

Yes i mean i disabled it under: ‘Shockwave Flash’ :smiley:

Thanks Guys. The PepperFlash workaround works a treat.

Not 100% happy that on two machines Dragon crashed after clicking Relaunch. Then after the update finished all my settings had gone and it was back to defaults.

However I logged back on Settings and got them all back :slight_smile:

Still cant get it to work with youtube out of the gate. Videos play but you can only use 360p quality…

Its almost better to just use google chrome now days and just install a few addons, and change a setting or two and it works as securely.

The only fix is to use Magic Actions and force flash player on youtube.

Hello, I am using Comodo Dragon 33.1 on Windows 8.1
It has some problems/bugs:

-When I try to watch some videos with Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player, Schowave Flash crash many times.
http://phota.me/AcFL.jpg

-When I search on Google.com or Google.com Image like ''Brasil", it shows correctly: http://phota.me/1yxS.jpg but When I click on the photo with the right button on the mouse and then “Open in a new tab”, it shows it: http://phota.me/Gawy.jpg (and not the photo/image that I clicked)

These two problems are occuring only with Comodo Dragon, because I have Firefox too on my pc, and it doesnt crash when I try to watch videos, and it shows photos/images from Google Images perfectly.

I hope that you will be able to correct these bugs, thanks anyway :smiley:

That limitation will disappear as more videos are transcoded to VP9. (Most videos I watch are already in VP9.)