Comodo Backup Wishlist rev 2

My sugguestions apply only to SCHEDULED BACKUPS:

1. Enable logging of scheduled backups

2)Enable an active tray icon or popup notifier to provide visual feedback that a scheduled backup is taking place and/or has been successfully completed.

THANK YOU for this terrific service.

Do you mean copy web site contents or you just want to backup files from your own server (the 2nd one possible with network copy)?

Arki

so, would it be possible to have a feature in comodo backup that backs up individual registry keys, hives, etc? handy backup has this feature, and seems to work well, so we know it is possible. is this something that the programmers could consider for comodo too?

One more wish:

Right now, if the schedule is set for “every day [ at ] 6:00 PM” and the computer gets shut down BEFORE 6:00 pm, then turned back on a few hours later (or even the next day), the scheduled backup that was missed is never performed. I would like a feature that “makes up any missed backup”. At least an option to force a missed backup when the system is restarted.

Thanks again for all your superior free software. Comodo is my most admired and respected corporation.

GREAT idea and exceptionally obvious! AVG does this with their virus scanning, so it can’t be that hard!!

Ewen :slight_smile:

Comodo Backup can easily archive files up to 4GB in size
but files of my databases is more than 4GB. Is it a problem to archive big files in size?

With the version 1.0.3.0 already Vista compatibility. Next will be Win 2003 Server and even better Win 2008 Server Compatibility. ;D

I’m new to Comodo Backup and find it to be a very nice program for my needs, but I do have one issue I would like to see addressed.

Every time ‘Backup’ is started it will automatically try to update itself through the internet. I would like to see a way to disable this feature.

Thanks

Discovered Comodo backup a few days ago and am delighted! Thank you for offering it.

Two easy usability tweaks:

• Checking “Enable revision” on Options tab should flip radio button to “Full Backup (Recreate All)” Otherwise user doesn’t know their settings won’t work.

• “User Backup” and “Service Backup” could explain themselves better. How about “Backup when current user logged in & Comodo Backup open” and “Backup whenever ComodoBackupService is running”? Then change the default.

Thanks again!

As for new features, when setting up a synchronize backup, how about making it do a full backup first, and then sychronize after that point. Also, having revisions for synchronize would be nice.

definitely UNICODE support.

Ability to backup files in use! like syncbackSE

I just want it to be like the build in vista back up, but slightly better…

I frequently have to make new backup profiles that are simply tweaks of existing profiles. It would be great to be able to copy an existing profile to a new name and then simply edit the copy, rather than having to start from scratch each time.

Hi
I just discoverded Comodo Backup (and comodo company at the same time). This is a great tool! exactly what i expected! and for free! great! thx!

But May i can propose a feature request:
Could we have a new backup mode “filesnames only”? The purpose would be not to copy the files itself, but to create and update a simple text or XML file containting the list of all the files located in a folder (classified by sub folders/sub sub folders…).

I guess this is very easy to add in the next version, and could be usefull for listing data we can easily retreive by any other way in case of disk crash, but too “big” to backup in our own system

thx

no linux/macOS version planned of Comodo backup?

Hi
i just discover this great tool!

3 wishlist points:

• Could we have a new backup mode “filesnames only”? The purpose would be not to copy the files itself, but to create and update a simple text or XML file containting the list of all the files located in a folder (classified by sub folders/sub sub folders…).
    I guess this is very easy to add in the next version, and could be usefull for listing data we can easily retreive by any other way in case of disk crash, but too “big” to backup in our own system

• no linux/macOS version planned of Comodo backup?

• can we have a “silent mode” option? I mean don’t have the COMODO backup windows opening each time a backup start/stop. I would strongly appreciate if COMODO backup to stay in the system tray

Hi flangad

If you are using a service backup you should not see anything open when Backup runs. It will run silently in your tray.

John

Just mirror all nice features from “allway synch”, absolutely brilliant little program in terms of user options/controllability. Only thing lacking in that is the ability to compress, which is why I use Comodo.

Hello, I am running a daily backup which includes about 10 e-mail PST files. Incremental or Full Backup, enable revision or not, I have tried many different option settings, but unfortunately, I find if someone has left their e-mail open (ie sharing violation), the backup records an error, which is fine, but the file (pst from previous backup) that is held in the destination folder is copied over (or name changed with revision filename) by a file with the same name but reports zero kb and no data within it, so if this happens 3 days in a row, and I have only 2 revision set, eventually, I have no backup at all. Is there a way to stop the backup from doing this. If the file is open, just move on without deleting the current backup.

Possibly in the Source File exclude options, “Exclude open files”.

Thanks
Stuart

im sure if it could backup open files that would be even better. i know it can be done as the paid for syncbackSE (that i currently use does it) and if comodo backup did it it would be the only free peice of software that could. which would make it the best backup progra, by far. when i was looking for a backup program i tried every program i could find (i tested about 30) and the best 2 were syncback and comodo. but the one thing that decided it was this.