CIS v6, and full virtualization with autosandbox?

Hello,

I was just wondering how will CIS 6.x will work with autosandbox, now that we know it will have full virtualization.

Does this mean that if malware its autosandboxed, it can write to non-protected file and folders, and once the PC its restarted, will all this writing from the malware go away?

For example, some malwares write things on the desktop, like shortcuts to infected websites and so.
With CIS 6.x, after I reboot will this files, in my example, will go away?

Thanks for helping me with this.

Regards,

At this moment we know nothing about the way virtualization in the automatic process will be integrated. As soon as we get to play with a test version of v6 we will surely let you know.

Forgive me for been lazy, and not using the ‘search’ function (first time for everything?!) but anyone know what the educated guess date for release will be for v6?

There is no information about the release date of v6. Currently the next upcoming version will be 5.8 which is comming soon out of beta state and will be the 2012 product line.

So my perspective its that v6 will not be available for beta testing this year.

But I am not a COMODO employee, so dont take my word as official.
Its about what I have seen in the forums and the replyes from COMODO and moderators.

idk if this is still the timeframe

I would say September will be the release for v 5.8 as far as I can tell by the fact that 5.8 is currently in beta.

Version 6 will bring many changes and will need beta testing. That means in my view that v6 will not be there in September.

Regarrding to sandbox:Comodo should

• gives the possibility to delete all traces(registry and files)from virtual container

or/and

• do it automaticly when application finishes its work or after system restart

+1 Also it should draw a color line around the window borders of a sandboxed application or change the title name to something like “#WindowTitle#Sanboxed#”

+1

Quote from Morphiusz… Regarrding to sandbox:Comodo should

gives the possibility to delete all traces(registry and files)from virtual container 

or/and

do it automaticly when application finishes its work or after system restart  

Just Like Sandboxie :wink:

I agree a million percent!

Regards
Dave1234.

Edit… So Cis Sandbox would end up working similar to Sandboxie on full virtualization…Right or wrong?.