CIS updates with error 0x80030201 the file download was aborted abnormally

I want to see what it says on this thread but it says I don’t have permission to view. Can somebody maybe just copy and paste the solution in this tread or reply to me so I can fix this program? Thanks!!
I did register an account to view the forum.

that’s strange, I can’t view it either. :-\

The solution is to add the URL http://us4.download.comodo.com into the list of servers in Proxy and Host Settings and uncheck the rest then run Update.

Thanks for the info.
I did that and everything updated perfect. Now everything is running well as before. Much appreciated!!! :-TU :-TU :-TU

Thank you for your “fix” to this frustrating issue. I followed your advice and added the http://us4.download.comodo.com update server to the list. I did have to uncheck the other server in the list to get the download to work, but after doing so everything updated. (I rechecked the regular download server after the new updates were installed).

Comodo should incorporate this added server automatically or emphasize this “work around” as a temporary solution to the update issue. But thank you again for your information … it works.

Mod edit: fixed quote

The solution is to ADD the update server http://us4.download.comodo.com in the proxy and host settings and uncheck the rest.

Can someone please explain where exactly do you add this? I just have the CIS firewall only and I do not see such a setting. Is it the windows host file this is referring to or is it indeed in the CIS program and possibly only available for the full version premium users? I am sure quite a few people would benefit if the steps to do this operation were listed by someone. Thanks again

See the actual post which has an attachment showing how to edit and you can reference the help page.

Comodo Firewall automatic update, abort at 5.3%

Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.

Please help.

AHHHH thanks for that. Initially thought that attachment was just a type of signature avatar. However the help link you also provided showed me exactly what I needed to know.

For anyone else reading and still not sure, this is the attachment from the other thread which shows were to add the url temp fix update download link
http://us4.download.comodo.com/ in CIS

Hello,

I had a look for similar topics, but only saw a thread from last year.

Comodo has been trying to update for the past 2 days and continuously encounters the same error, copied below.

Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.

any help would be appreciated.

It is the same issue as this one that I merged your topic with, you can try changing the update server or just do a re-install using the latestest installer.

Adding the server worked perfectly, thanks for the quick response!

I have had Comodo Internet Security for years.

Apparently version 12.2

No I have not uninstalled the program. This seems to be a barbaric method to troubleshoot. It is not my last resort, but it certainly comes AFTER asking for advice, not before.

First post here, I tried to follow format advice after being up all night…but feel free to rip my head off.

Update has been fine until last night (unless it has been a problem during update attempts while I was NOT at the PC, and didn’t leave an error message for me to see) starts and there is a counter that says about 80% and another that says 6.1% last I can tell, before it stalls and I get this error message:

Hello, I have the same problem. May be you can provide me with another update server?

I changed the server to US4 and had the same problem. Am I right, there are at least 3 of us reporting this as of the last couple days? I would think that’s a problem on Comodo’s end.

Again, I consider uninstalling a barbaric fix to an issue. I want other options that acknowledge and address the Comodo side of the problem before I uninstall.

What’s this all about?

I see the same error on 3 different computers, two Windows 10 machines and a Windows 7 machine. I am able to download the installers no problem, but the auto-update is a no-go for me.

I got no relief from changing the Update Server. Getting a slightly different error message now. Can anyone continue helping with this?

I do NOT want to uninstall, especially since I saw others who seem far more knowledgable than myself saying that a reinstall didn’t help them with this problem.

IF I reinstall, is there a way to retain all my settings? I really don’t want the pain of holding Comodo’s hand telling it what things are safe to run on my computer and all the rules. I don’t remember them myself!

Either try to use the beta server address which is 178.255.86.194 and then when completed change it back to use the default server. Or you can re-install using the installers found in the release topic, you can backup your existing settings using Import/Export of your configuration and use exchange option in the file list.

I added the US4 server and moved it to the top and the update installed as it should. Now Comodo fix your end of the problem!! You can’t expect every user to jump through hoops to fix their issue when it should just work. This server issue is a recurring issue for Comodo. FIX IT!

COMODO tried to update but it failed. Now, roughly every 30 minutes it attempts to update and fails again: Even after disabling auto-update. How can I stop this cycle?

CIS is trying to update multiple times a day and always getting the same error. It is problematic since I’ve had to use my phone’s personal hotspot in a 4G area-- therefore already slow. The error is below. Please let me know how to proceed.