CIS updates with error 0x80030201 the file download was aborted abnormally

Either try to use the beta server address which is 178.255.86.194 and then when completed change it back to use the default server. Or you can re-install using the installers found in the release topic, you can backup your existing settings using Import/Export of your configuration and use exchange option in the file list.

I added the US4 server and moved it to the top and the update installed as it should. Now Comodo fix your end of the problem!! You can’t expect every user to jump through hoops to fix their issue when it should just work. This server issue is a recurring issue for Comodo. FIX IT!

COMODO tried to update but it failed. Now, roughly every 30 minutes it attempts to update and fails again: Even after disabling auto-update. How can I stop this cycle?

CIS is trying to update multiple times a day and always getting the same error. It is problematic since I’ve had to use my phone’s personal hotspot in a 4G area-- therefore already slow. The error is below. Please let me know how to proceed.

Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.

Hi dpcrn,

Thanks for reporting. We have requested corresponding team to check this issue, we will reach you through Private message to get required logs.

That’s a negative. Tried to update a fully patched Windows 7 SP1 x64 cis 6818 and it got to about 1% downloaded and then it aborted & got the following message:

Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.

Might be time for a clean install anyways, who knows.

I came here, because never have had this issue happen before. Read through some of the replies. I had to update the update address as someone pointed out. The default was failing to update about 4.9-5.5% or so. I tried the cdn by the screenshot, that failed, and then the US4 address worked. Thought I’d reply to give some feedback. It became a bit of a nuisance seeing the failed message that would pop up and have about 10-15 windows to close because of it. I was on the 7037 version, I am now on 7062 for reference.

Having same problem, but can’t seem to shut off Comodo constantly retrying to do program updates. The Signature, websites database, and recognizer updates are processing fine, but the Comodo popup screen shows every few minutes as Comodo retrying.

I went to the Settings option and shutoff all updating, but to no avail, Comodo still keetps trying to do a Program update.

If there is a fix, please detail instructions on how to update/load the fix. I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall until that is proven to be the correct fix for this problem.

My setup is Windows 10-64 Home; Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685) using an Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @3.40 GHz
Comodo Program version 12.2.2.7037

The Program update problem appears to have begun with the recent forced update of Comodo a few days ago.

cfcboc, there is a popular thread about this issue here: Comodo Forum

I posted this under a different topic, and Dustyn pointed me to this topic…

Having same problem, but can’t seem to shut off Comodo constantly retrying to do program updates. The Signature, websites database, and recognizer updates are processing fine, but the Comodo popup screen shows every few minutes as Comodo retrying.

I went to the Settings option and shutoff all updating, but to no avail, Comodo still keetps trying to do a Program update.

I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall until that is proven to be the correct fix for this problem.

My setup is Windows 10-64 Home; Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685) using an Intel Core I7-2600 CPU [at]3.40 GHz
Comodo Program version 12.2.2.7037

The Program update problem appears to have begun with the recent forced update of Comodo a few days ago.

UPDATE… This Signatures Update is no longer a problem. I made no changes, but the Signatures update completed after about 2 hours and now back to the original problem (Program Update completion error) being reported in this thread.

ADDENDUM…A new issue surfaced this morning (12/15/20)…

The COMODO Update popup has now stalled on the “Install signatures” segment, with the Status showing “In Progress 90.0%”. It has not changed in the last 90 minutes. If I STOP or Close the screen, it simply pops back up a few seconds later at the same 90.0% progress status.

Since I’m awaiting guidance from COMODO on the general recurring popup problem noted in this thread, I’ve made no changes to COMODO since the last “forced” update (12.2.2.7037), about 2 weeks ago.

I guess the only benefit of this new issue is that COMODO does constantly attemp to do updates about every 30 min.

You are not on a proper release build, you only completed the first phase of the update, therefore you need to change the update servers as mentioned previously in this topic or just do a complete uninstall, then install using the new installers found in the release topic. There is a reason why it is constantly trying to update as it has yet to finish the upgrade process, the final version is 7062 not 7037 which is an in between build prior to updating to the latest.

Same problem. It tells a software update is available. When I click on the Yes, it downloads for a short while then it gives download error. When I click on the “log”, it tells the “Error 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete”.
My CIC is version 12.0.0.6818. Database version 33091. I tried to download the new software version to install, but only find a file with 5.4 mb that forces me to stay connected to install. I used to be able to download the standalone version, but can’t find it anymore. Any idea?

Hi EMN987,

There was some known problem with product update. It should have been fixed now. Please check.

If you wish to clean install CIS, here you can find the links for latest release.

Well, it looks like the solution to this problem was posted on the other thread relating to this problem.

The solution is to add the URL http://us4.download.comodo.com into the list of servers in Proxy and Host Settings and uncheck the rest then run Update.

I tried this and the update completed and it appears (for now) that COMODO is no longer doing the popup trying to update.

Just to clarify, I left the old URL in the Proxy & Host Settings but shut it off and left it unchecked. Added the above URL, turned it on and checked the block. COMODO successfully ran through all the update steps and rebooted the PC. so far, all working fine.

Hi. Where can I find the offline installer ? Any link?

At the start of this thread: Comodo Forum

HELP!!
I have been using CIS premium for years, never a problem like has just occurred. I have loved having CIS on my computers, protecting my computers, I have it installed on 3 computers!
I made a screen print of the error report and attached it below.

The update is unable to finish! The update repeatedly tries, over and over and over!! But, never succeeds!?

This all occurred, very recently, when CIS requested to update itself.
The computers that are experiencing this problem , all have windows 7 installed.
Help me get this resolved soon, and comodo CIS premium working smoothly once again.

Comodo tries to download v12.2.2.7062 but gets to 6.1% then reports an error. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. How do I get this update?

Please use the search as it is already been discussed with different solutions.