CFP 3.0.11.246 RC1- Questions about how it works

Yes, you should only have one of them running at the same time. There’s no point in running two HIPS. Most likely they’ll conflict with eachother, and generate about twice as many alerts for each application.

Cheers,
Ragwing

I see. Anyway I use CFP 2.4 and Nod32 3.0 trial, I was just curious. But I will change, when the final release is out both of them, that’s for sure. :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Greetings,
Gabor

My university offers Sophos 7 to all Residential Network users. Sophos’ “HIPS” is not really HIPS. Its more like behavioral analysis, a form of heuristics. Fraught with FP’s i have found - but that is besides the point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sophos will be just fine running next to CPF 3. :wink:

Ah alright I see. If I’m not in clean PC mode however, but in “Train with Safemode” and I purge my list, will it remove the files listed there from my HD? I see files that are on there that are needed by some applications and I just want to be sure that im not removing them directly from my harddrive.

It seems that if I switch to clean mode after allowing access to the necessary programs it would be easy to just remove the files from pending that I know are safe and leave the other suspicious ones in the list to see if I can trust them or not correct?

I just want to be sure im not deleting something that I need on here with the purge, I tried it once and it looked like it was purging it from my entire HD rather than just the list.

There is no way to remove a file fom your HD using My pending list regardless the D+ mode you use.
I guess that you can leave the files you want alerts in my pending list and you can move them to safe list if you don’t want alerts.
I’ve not tested if using Clean mode you can simply remove those files from My pending list to have them learned.
But I think it makes sense. If this doesn’t work you can simply move those entries to My safe list.

Ah alright cool, makes sense now, I thought purging removed them from the HD, alright cool, i think i finally get it now, hopefully some people will learn from this too ^.^

Hi,
I’ve upgraded from the last beta to this RC (uninstalled, rebooted, cleaned files then installed).
The RC is starting late, after several other programs have started.
Is there anyway to get it running as one of the first apps?

It does seem like a bit of a flaw, as I started up an app expecting a popup but instead saw it access the internet without query.
It’s happened every boot up since installation.

Did you disable Terminal Services or changed some service startup setting?
You can check your services running services.msc

TS is running manually as it has been since I first installed vista back in march.
theres been no service changes since I installed the last beta which worked fine

So what services does cfp 3 need so that I can check?

A startup delay issue due to a disabled terminal service was reported a while ago
but if you had no issue with the last beta then maybe it is caused by something
you recently installed or updated. No clue here.
You can make a backup of your ruleset and unistall the rc to test the last beta
you had not this issue with.
If the issue disappeared you should post a detailed bugreport as this issue
is not easy to nail down.

Is there any way of turning installation mode on and off manually from within comdo?

It would be good to be able to turn it on before installing a program rather than waiting for the first popup. Then hit a button to turn installation mode off again after the program has installed.

It is annoying to have the reminder come up every 5 mins as I have had programs that have taken ages to install, but have not been able to wander away and leave it to it as comodo keeps wanting to change out of installation mode all the time. It asked me 9 times while installing “The Witcher” Most annoying!

(:NRD)

On the summary page if you open the firewall you can turn installation mode on/off.

It will still remind you to turn installation mode off, but you can just leave it if you want, because it wont turn it off by itself anyway.

Cheers (:AGL)